NetGalley Addicts Support Group discussion

Changes to NetGalley

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (goodreadscomwhatcathyreadnext) I've just received an email from NetGalley about some changes - any thoughts?

message 2: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 295 comments I'm excited about the weekly checklist part as I'll personally find that helpful. I use a spreadsheet now, but an email reminder can't hurt.

I won't use the "Will Not Give Feedback" options because the books you use it for will still be counted against your ratio. In theory I like the idea of having a form to say why you won't be reviewing the book, but as it is now I refuse to use it because those books are still lowering your feedback ratio even if they're no longer on your shelf.

message 3: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 295 comments Commenting again about the Will Not Give Feedback section as I've talked to others who were confused by the initial wording Netgalley used.

Here is the help page about it.
https://netgalley.zendesk.com/hc/en-u...

Pointing out this section:
Submitting “Will Not Give Feedback” will help organize your Shelf by moving the book off your Give Feedback list. But since this information is not a full Review or an Opinion, it will not count towards your overall feedback ratio.

So by using the new options, your feedback ratio will not increase for the books you used the new options for. All it does is move the books to the new shelf in the Not Active section.

So for example say you've received 100 books from Netgalley. You've reviewed 99 of them and use the new Will Not Give Feedback option for the last book. You will now have no books on your shelf but your Feedback Ratio will be 99% because that last book doesn't count towards your ratio.

message 4: by SundayAtDusk (last edited Apr 24, 2018 11:32AM) (new)

SundayAtDusk | 100 comments I just gave feedback with the new system, and discovered the feedback would not go through unless I posted the review itself at NetGalley. Usually, I just post the review links at Amazon and Goodreads, since some of my reviews are long, and I never saw long reviews at NetGalley. Just now, however, when sending the review page, I got a message that I had to do a star rating before the review feedback could go through.

Well, I always do a star rating at NetGalley. That wasn't the real problem. I had to post the review itself at NetGalley before the review page would go through. That's fine, and at least they do allow for paragraphs, so long reviews look okay there.

They seem to be interchanging the words "feedback" and "review", though, at times. There's the new section about not giving feedback, and a check list to pick a reason. But that is feedback! At times in the past, when I did not finish a book for a good reason, and would not be doing a review, I always left feedback telling the publisher/author why in the feedback box. Now, with the new system, if there is no review, it's considered that you did not leave feedback.

P.S. There's a minimum word count for reviews, too, but I forget what it was.

message 5: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) I agree on the Will Not Give Feedback feature. Now, when true, I give them feedback that the book is unreadable, with specific, actionable details, and let them know I will not publish a public review highlighting those problematic characteristics. I can’t imagine a situation in which I would not be able to provide feedback, whether or not I finish a book, so that feature doesn’t address the most common scenario I encounter. Perhaps it is intended for those who encounter sudden or chronic illness that impairs their ability to read altogether?

message 6: by SundayAtDusk (last edited Apr 24, 2018 11:43AM) (new)

SundayAtDusk | 100 comments My guess is there are complaints about not getting reviews. Getting reviews is the main reason publishers and authors pay hundreds of dollars to have their books posted at Netgalley. NetGalley may have felt, too, that some members have too many books on their shelves, and are paying no attention to release dates. That's another big reason publishers and authors have books at NetGalley--they want reviews as soon as the book is released; or some want them before the book is released, to start a book buzz ahead of release date.

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) SundayAtDusk wrote: "My guess is there are complaints about not getting reviews. Getting reviews is the main reason publishers and authors pay hundreds of dollars to have their books posted at Netgalley. NetGalley may ..."

I understand, but this feature doesn’t solve that problem. Do you disagree?

I’d be glad to write 1 and 2 star reviews, when applicable. I suspect the marketing teams prefer private feedback and public silence.

message 8: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) SundayAtDusk wrote: "I just gave feedback with the new system, and discovered the feedback would not go through unless I posted the review itself at NetGalley. Usually, I just post the review links at Amazon and Goodre..."

Wow, well this will get very real very fast. I’m heading to get the popcorn. :)

message 9: by Devann (new)

Devann (devannm) | 58 comments Carol, I agree that this doesn't solve the 'people not leaving feedback' problem and ALSO that people are probably not really going to use it because it will lower their ratio. Probably what is going to happen is that people are going to rate books they DNFed as one star and just write 'didn't finish' in the review box so they 'get credit' for it, whereas before they would have left private publisher feedback and not gave it a star rating. And I definitely don't blame them, the ratio is important on NG so I understand wanting it to be as high as possible, but I'm sure publishers won't be happy about it. NG has probably made the situation worse than it was before tbh.

message 10: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) Devann wrote: "Carol, I agree that this doesn't solve the 'people not leaving feedback' problem and ALSO that people are probably not really going to use it because it will lower their ratio. Probably what is goi..."

I agree.

One good thing, they didn't apply the ratio calculation backwards. Hence, books I rated (and provided other detailed feedback for) but for which I haven't yet posted a review online are still reflected in my feedback ratio.

Dorie  - Cats&Books :)  (dorie--catsbooks) | 489 comments I guess I don't understand everyone's problems. I always filled in the opinion section when I reviewed the book so there isn't really any change for me :)

Dorie  - Cats&Books :)  (dorie--catsbooks) | 489 comments SundayAtDusk wrote: "My guess is there are complaints about not getting reviews. Getting reviews is the main reason publishers and authors pay hundreds of dollars to have their books posted at Netgalley. NetGalley may ..."

I've always reviewed with the attitude that the authors and publishers wanted the out take on the book ASAP, so therefore I always send in my review to NetGalley as soon as I've read and reviewed the book, then publish to social media when published. When working with publishers, a lot many years ago, that was the feedback I always got from them. That way they still have a chance to make changes to the book if they feel it is warranted :)

message 13: by Melanie (last edited Apr 24, 2018 03:44PM) (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 295 comments Dorie wrote: "I guess I don't understand everyone's problems. I always filled in the opinion section when I reviewed the book so there isn't really any change for me :)"

The problem is you can't do that if you DNF or have file problems under the new system. Now when you go to review the book you are initially only given two options, to review it or say you aren't providing feedback (which won't increase your ratio). To get to the opinions page (where the note to publisher section is that most people used to say they were DNFing or what have you) you have to submit a review first. You cannot access that page without reviewing.

message 14: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) Dorie wrote: "SundayAtDusk wrote: "My guess is there are complaints about not getting reviews. Getting reviews is the main reason publishers and authors pay hundreds of dollars to have their books posted at Netg..."

Exactly.

message 15: by SundayAtDusk (last edited Apr 24, 2018 04:58PM) (new)

SundayAtDusk | 100 comments Carol, I believe I understand what you are saying, but am not positive. I definitely think, though, what NetGalley is doing is trying to make reviewers realize it's not right to see NetGalley as a fun type of library; where they can get as many books as they want; but don't have to pay any attention to reviewing by the due dates, or not reviewing at all. Obviously, that is happening with some individuals.

By having an official feedback form, they are making feedback more serious, providing publishers and authors with "something" in exchange for their business, as opposed to silence from some readers. I don't think that makes matters worse, but will wake up some readers, and remind them they are reviewers. NetGalley doesn't exist strictly for their reading pleasure, but to provide reviews.

Melanie, so, you cannot get to the feedback form without writing a review first? That makes no sense. (Plus, there is a minimum word count for reviews now, folks, so DNF will not work as a review.) I saw you cannot get to the usual little box where you leave comments for the publisher, but it would seem the new feedback form would pop up as soon as you click you aren't leaving feedback. (They really need to change that to you are not leaving a "review", not feedback!) Thus, the old box is for those leaving reviews, and the new feedback form for those not leaving reviews.

Carol, I don't know if publishers prefer "private feedback and public silence". I've had at least one publisher and one author tell me any review was appreciated, even though it may be critical, because the higher the number of reviews, the higher a book's ranking in genre searches at Amazon. (I don't know if that's true, but that's what they said.) While they may pay a lot of money to post books at Amazon, they aren't buying my silence. I have no problem writing critical reviews. If they don't like that, tough. They can reject any and all future book requests from me.

Like Dorie, right now I don't see anything wrong with the new system, unless you can't reach the new feedback form without writing a review, because that seems like a glitch. Maybe we should all be saying what browser we are using; since sometimes things come up differently, or don't work right, with a certain browser, especially new web changes. I used Firefox for the review I posted today, but will probably be using Chrome for the rest; since Firefox no longer works on my larger laptop, where I have Coral Word X7.

P.S. Plus, there are different types of members at NetGalley, and apparently the new feedback/review forms are not the same for all the types. I'm a "Consumer Reviewer".

message 16: by Saarah (last edited Apr 24, 2018 05:06PM) (new)

Saarah Niña (saarahnina) | 5 comments Yes. I agree completely with you, SundayAtDusk. My experience was the same. I don't think the new system is problematic, if anything it would mean people would write more thoughtful reviews. I always look at the reviews on NG before I request, and sometimes I find they say very little. This would solve that problem.

And, it means our review ratios are a true reflection of our reviewing. So, they are more meaningful and can be trusted better by publishers. I'm happy with this change but otherwise the update doesn't affect me.

Edit: I use Silk Browser, on Kindle Fire.

message 17: by Saarah (last edited Apr 24, 2018 05:10PM) (new)

Saarah Niña (saarahnina) | 5 comments If they change the wording of "Will not give Feedback" to "Will not review," the term "Feedback Ratio" should also change to "Review Ratio" (which is essentially what it is.)

Dorie  - Cats&Books :)  (dorie--catsbooks) | 489 comments SundayAtDusk wrote: "Carol, I believe I understand what you are saying, but am not positive. I definitely think, though, what NetGalley is doing is trying to make reviewers realize it's not right to see NetGalley as a ..."

You know I never thought about what browser a person is using might make a difference. I'm a little dumb about computers and I just sort of thought everyone used chrome by now :) that could be a problem.

Oh I really don't like that the forms are different for different users, as you said "Consumer Reviews" , but where do you find out what "type" you are? I know where on EW but not on NetGalley????

Dorie  - Cats&Books :)  (dorie--catsbooks) | 489 comments Saarah wrote: "Yes. I agree completely with you, SundayAtDusk. My experience was the same. I don't think the new system is problematic, if anything it would mean people would write more thoughtful reviews. I alwa..."

Saarah, I always good to Goodreads before I request because I agree with you that the reviews on the NetGalley site are usually short and in my humble opinion not as provocative and thoughtful. Maybe it's just been my experience with the books that I read, could be wrong

message 20: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) Saarah wrote: "If they change the wording of "Will not give Feedback" to "Will not review," the term "Feedback Ratio" should also change to "Review Ratio" (which is essentially what it is.)"

Indeed.

Dorie  - Cats&Books :)  (dorie--catsbooks) | 489 comments Carol wrote: "Saarah wrote: "If they change the wording of "Will not give Feedback" to "Will not review," the term "Feedback Ratio" should also change to "Review Ratio" (which is essentially what it is.)"

Indeed."

Agree, "Will Not Give Feedback" has such an incredibly negative ring to it

message 22: by Saarah (last edited Apr 24, 2018 06:05PM) (new)

Saarah Niña (saarahnina) | 5 comments For type of reviewer, Dorie, look on your NG profile. It should be written directly under your photo.

I'm the same now, Dorie, I read some reviews on Goodreads before requesting. It's just when they tell you a galley is available for the first 100 members, or first 50, I never feel I have the time to cross-search on Goodreads. But otherwise, it's only a bit of a nuisance.

message 23: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) Dorie wrote: "Saarah wrote: "Yes. I agree completely with you, SundayAtDusk. My experience was the same. I don't think the new system is problematic, if anything it would mean people would write more thoughtful ..."

No, they are, on average, useless and not worth reading. I also go to GR to find out how many pages are in the book, and seeking reviews, if need be. My assumption has been that many of the reviews on NG are informal, internal and nothing the reviewers would post publicly as an actual review. On the other hand, I draft one review, my final one, and post it on NG, GR, Amazon and other retail sites. This change will likely cause me to draft and post something quick in order to protect my ratio, and then replace it with my “real” review at a later date.

message 24: by Melanie (last edited Apr 24, 2018 06:46PM) (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 295 comments One of the biggest changes this will cause for me is now I'll be writing reviews and one starring books I don't finish. Previously I pointed out in the Notes to Publisher section under Opinions on why I couldn't finish the book and didn't leave a review.

For me for DNFs, the new system doesn't work as I did attempt the book and for whatever reason couldn't finish and I'm telling them why and my feedback ratio should increase for that. I'll just have to state why I didn't like the book enough to continue in the public review section whereas before it was a private note to the publisher.

message 25: by SundayAtDusk (new)

SundayAtDusk | 100 comments I go to Goodreads, too, to look for reviews before deciding on some books at NetGalley. The NetGalley reviews I have seen are usually short and not helpful, but I assumed they were the same reviews posted elsewhere by the reviewers. Now, I'm totally confused about something you said, Carol :)--why would you have to post a quick review, that is not your "real" one, and then go back later to post your "real" one? How would your ratio be so ill-affected by the new feedback/review rules?

message 26: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) SundayAtDusk wrote: "I go to Goodreads, too, to look for reviews before deciding on some books at NetGalley. The NetGalley reviews I have seen are usually short and not helpful, but I assumed they were the same reviews..."

@SundayAtDusk, I apologize — I didn’t intend to be cryptic and didn’t explain fully. In the past, I provided feedback immediately as soon as Infinished or DNF’d any book. Probably half of the time, I would draft and insert my review at the same time. In the remainder of cases, I would draft and insert my review and links to public postings within 2-5 business days. If the form prevents me from disconnecting these two events, I have to protect my ratio so in cases where I don’t have the bandwidth to draft a review I’d put my name to, I will have to bifurcate the process by initiatially coming up with some content to insert as a “review” in order to satisfy the form and later circling back to edit that “review” and insert my actual review — content I’m willing to claim as my own.

message 27: by Fictionophile (new)

Fictionophile  (fictionophile) | 176 comments I've submitted a review to NetGalley using the new interface only to find that it affects me in a very minimal way - if at all.
The long review that I post on my blog has always been exactly the same as the one I submit to NetGalley. I've never been told that they are too long. Also, I have always submitted my review immediately after writing the review and posting it to my blog.

Also, I'm not sure what is meant by the comment "This change will likely cause me to draft and post something quick in order to protect my ratio, and then replace it with my “real” review at a later date."
Why would you have to 'protect' your ratio in this way?

message 28: by Devann (new)

Devann (devannm) | 58 comments i think she means that she wants to get the book off her shelf as soon as possible in order to keep her ratio high, but doesn't want to write the review immediately. i feel the same way in that i usually give the initial feedback after reading maybe 20% of the book [enough time for me personally to know whether i'm enjoying it and pick the genre tags i would use] and then i spend a few days reading it and then anywhere from 2-5 days after that is when i finally write my review. so this new system is going to make me leave those books on my shelf probably for an additional week or so longer than i usually would, and i'm guessing she does something similar.

it's not like it's the end of the world but it's definitely going to make me have to change around how i do things. i guess it could be a good thing in that i might be motivated to write reviews immediately now, but i still hate having the books linger on the shelves longer than i feel they need to.

message 29: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (butbooksarebetter) | 20 comments I actually welcome the change. I had a lot of unread books sitting on my shelf that I had DNF'd and felt unable to review because of it - I can now mark them as DNF and get them off my shelf. I also don't see a problem with reviews - I usually post the same review on NG that I post on my blog, not some shorter or amended version. If you are not happy with your review, it allows the option to edit it later after submitting. You can also still submit reviews for books you didn't like and just give the reasons in your review, so it doesn't affect your ratio any differently than before. It is up to you whether you feel you can give an honest review and star rating after DNF-ing a book. I personally do not star rate a book I did not finish, so would mark those books as "I will not give feedback", and the reason why.

message 30: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (butbooksarebetter) | 20 comments Devann wrote: "i think she means that she wants to get the book off her shelf as soon as possible in order to keep her ratio high, but doesn't want to write the review immediately. i feel the same way in that i u..."

You could just put "full review to follow" if you want to submit the star rating only before the review (and get the book off your shelf), and then go back to it later and press "edit", and put in your full review when it is ready. I have done that before.

message 31: by Devann (new)

Devann (devannm) | 58 comments @Heidi someone said there is now a minimum word count for reviews [not sure if here or in a different thread] so I'm not sure if just saying 'review to follow' will work but I guess I'll find out next time I go to leave feedback

message 32: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) Fictionophile wrote: "I've submitted a review to NetGalley using the new interface only to find that it affects me in a very minimal way - if at all.
The long review that I post on my blog has always been exactly the sa..."

I'm not sure how to respond. Aren't we all aware of our need to keep our ratio as high as possible? Moving books from un-reviewed to rated and reviewed is the only way to do so.

message 33: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 5 comments Devann wrote: "@Heidi someone said there is now a minimum word count for reviews [not sure if here or in a different thread] so I'm not sure if just saying 'review to follow' will work but I guess I'll find out n..."

It's 100 characters.

message 34: by Fictionophile (new)

Fictionophile  (fictionophile) | 176 comments Carol wrote: "Aren't we all aware of our need to keep our ratio as high as possible?"

Of course I'm aware of my feedback ratio. I only mean that as soon as I read the book I post my review on NetGalley. I don't revisit the NetGalley site a second time. Why not just post your 'real' review in the first place? Sorry if I'm missing something...

message 35: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) Fictionophile wrote: "Carol wrote: "Aren't we all aware of our need to keep our ratio as high as possible?"

Of course I'm aware of my feedback ratio. I only mean that as soon as I read the book I post my review on NetG..."

I am not able to draft and post my reviews as soon as I finish each book, depending on work, travel, life ... I think I might have said up-thread that, maybe 25% of the time, in the past, I submitted feedback and inserted my review as soon as it was ready, ballpark within 3 - 5 biz days. With the new system, I can't submit feedback until my review is ready. Hence, in order to preserve my feedback ratio, if I can't draft a real review as soon as I finish the book, I'll have to insert some content that satisfies the 100 character minimum, and replace it later.

To be honest, I'll probably just start requesting less often from NG and more often with Edelweiss+ or not at all.

message 36: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (butbooksarebetter) | 20 comments Carol wrote: "Fictionophile wrote: "Carol wrote: "Aren't we all aware of our need to keep our ratio as high as possible?" ..."
But with just submitting the "opinion" in the old system, this didn't count as feedback either, as I found out with my DNFs. After giving my "opinion" they still didn't work in favour of my ratio Or was I missing something all along?

message 37: by Carol (last edited Apr 25, 2018 07:53PM) (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) Heidi wrote: "Carol wrote: "Fictionophile wrote: "Carol wrote: "Aren't we all aware of our need to keep our ratio as high as possible?" ..."
But with just submitting the "opinion" in the old system, this didn't ..."

I always got credited in my feedback ratio at the moment I provided feedback, without submitting a review. I completed all fields, eg., tags, answering questions, feedback to the publisher and rating. Everything but a review and links. Hence, when I subsequently updated the review field, it had no impact on my ratio. No doubt it impacts future approvals from each publisher if you don’t ever post a review, and it’s certainly part of the quid pro quo, but it was not a requirement for “feedback credit”.

Perhaps you didn’t rate your DNFs or provide tags? I’m just guessing here.

message 38: by Devann (new)

Devann (devannm) | 58 comments I also would always just do the opinion section first and then do the review portion several days later and it always counted my opinion feedback immediately and added it to my ratio as well.

message 39: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (butbooksarebetter) | 20 comments Carol wrote: "Heidi wrote: "Carol wrote: "Fictionophile wrote: "Carol wrote: "Aren't we all aware of our need to keep our ratio as high as possible?" ..."
But with just submitting the "opinion" in the old system..."

Yes, it's probably something I did .... just glad to finally get all those old books from 2012 off my shelf that I requested before knowing how NG works.

message 40: by SundayAtDusk (last edited Apr 25, 2018 09:34PM) (new)

SundayAtDusk | 100 comments Thanks for the explanation, Carol. Your post reminds us all, too, that we all have different reading/reviewing lives. After I finish a book, I feel downright compelled to write a review. Or, if I don't really have anything to say about a book after finishing it, I keep thinking about it until I do have something to say. It's like I find it hard to move on to the next book until I write a review for the one I just finished.

Also, I'm beginning to think those of you concerned about your ratio must have a lot more books on your shelf than I ever do. As far as I remember, I always have had less than ten, probably five being the usual amount. I don't want a big backlog, and I also usually only read nonfiction NetGalley books. My guess is fiction readers have more temptations. Whenever I have looked at my ratio, which hasn't been often, it has always been in the 90s.

message 41: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (goodreadscomwhatcathyreadnext) Has anyone experienced problems with their feedback ratio/numbers not updating? I can't swear to it but I think that when I submitted a review and feedback today it did not change the number of titles I've given feedback on showing in my profile.

Mackenzie - PhDiva Books (mackenzie_h) | 12 comments Cathy, that happened to me a few days ago. After the next review I submitted it corrected itself (i.e., it included both again). No idea why it happened though!

message 43: by Devann (new)

Devann (devannm) | 58 comments sometimes mine seems like it's off by one [i'm too lazy to do the actual math lol but sometimes i'll have an odd number of books on my shelf and my feedback will look like there is an even number instead] but it always seems to fix itself after awhile so i think sometimes it just takes awhile to recognize you've sent in your review. if it's off by more than one or two then that's probably a different story though

message 44: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (goodreadscomwhatcathyreadnext) Thanks, Mackenzie, I'll check next time I add a review. Need to read a book first, though!

message 45: by SundayAtDusk (last edited May 02, 2018 06:51PM) (new)

SundayAtDusk | 100 comments Well, I did my first "will not give feedback" last night using the new forms for a "Consumer Reviewer". (I found the book I was reading too weird to continue reading.) I clicked "will not give feedback" on the review page, and that sent me to another page where you click one of a few reasons why you are not leaving feedback; and fill in a box with any extra explanation for the publisher, if you want. (Maybe one day NetGalley will reword the option to how it should be worded--"will not write a review, but will give feedback"; since you are indeed leaving feedback after you click in that you will not do so. :)

I like the new system better, in one respect--it makes not leaving a review seem more legitimate, and makes me feel less guilty about not finishing a book. :) However, while my feedback ratio did not change, that book I did not review was not subtracted from my feedback sent number; and it appears right now it's never going to be, unless I go back one day and write a review, which is not going to happen. Under the "not active" section on my shelf is now a red lettered "will not give feedback" with the number "1" next to it. If I click that, it shows the book I did not read, and if I click in the book, it has the option to "leave feedback".

Thus, Carol is correct that not leaving feedback with the new system can adversely affect one's feedback ratio, at least for "Consumer Reviewers". I guess we should at least be happy they aren't counting the books not reviewed before the new system went into effect. Plus, you can go back and add a review whenever, or if ever, you want to do so.

Mackenzie - PhDiva Books (mackenzie_h) | 12 comments SundayAtDusk wrote: "Well, I did my first "will not give feedback" last night using the new forms for a "Consumer Reviewer". (I found the book I was reading too weird to continue reading.) I clicked "will not give feed..."

Thanks so much for updating us on how it worked! It stinks that it impacts your ratio--maybe they want to prevent people from requesting books they have no intention of reviewing?

message 47: by Davida (new)

Davida Chazan (chocolatelady) | 72 comments I saw that change, and to be honest, I doubt I'll do the "will not give feedback" option, since I want to at least put up a semi-review that explains why I couldn't finish the book - which is what I've done in the past. So this new "feature" isn't going to be useful to me.

message 48: by Maranda (new)

Maranda | 23 comments A bit confused that now at the top of the Feedback Sent it counts the ones not posted to retail sites through the site. I have already sent my reviews individually on some and am not sure how to match them up to get rid of this inaccurate number. Changes are not always good for old folks stuck in their ways. Technology is moving faster than I can catch up.

message 49: by Devann (new)

Devann (devannm) | 58 comments i did notice that as well, but as far as i can tell it doesn't affect my ratio and also the publishers know i posted to GR and amazon because i sent them the links so i'm not sure if it will actually affect our approvals negatively. i guess we'll just have to wait and see

message 50: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) Maranda wrote: "A bit confused that now at the top of the Feedback Sent it counts the ones not posted to retail sites through the site. I have already sent my reviews individually on some and am not sure how to ma..."

That "post to retail sites" error is truly odd. They identified two books for which I have posted reviews on all retail site AND provided them with the links. OTOH, there are 3 other books where I haven't posted reviews to retail sites because they are pre-release, but those aren't in the list. Broken tech on their part, and no way to report or fix it.

« previous 1