What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Fiction Ghost Story from 1970s - 90s. Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina | 2 comments Hello! I rampaged through my library's Young Adult ghost stories in the early 90s, 1992-93.

I have been searching for a particular book off and on for the past 9 years. It is about a young girl who is either visiting or living with distant relatives - and the tower in the large (maybe Victorian?) home is haunted. There is a friend involved, possibly a boy. I also read tons of Camelot books during this time frame, and my other favorite was "Behind the Attic Wall."

I recall the cover having a girl in the foreground (possibly with brown hair) in some trees looking up at the tower. I guess it's just eating me up inside that I cannot find this book to save my life!

***** SPOILER *****

The ghost is a floating orb of light, so I keep looking for "light in the tower" or "orbs in tower" or any of those keywords and I get no where! I've even combed through vintage book lists, or forgotten books of the 80s, etc.

Can anyone help? Thanks! : )

message 2: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1226 comments This is just a guess: Christina's Ghost Christina's Ghost by Betty Ren Wright I think this was originally published as The Ghosts In The Attic

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina | 2 comments Adele wrote: "This is just a guess: Christina's Ghost Christina's Ghost by Betty Ren Wright I think this was originally published as The Ghosts In The Attic"
Thank you for looking around, but I don't think it's Christina's Ghost! I've looked into this and the other Scholastic readers too. Maybe at this point I should just re-read Chrisitna's Ghost and see if that's the one I'm looking for. I do specifically recall there being light orbs or flashing lights in a tower, not an attic. Maybe I dreamed this!? : D

message 4: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2502 comments Mod
Maybe The Shimmering Ghost of Riversend?

If not, maybe you'll find your book in this list: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/8...

message 7: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Still looking, Christina?