What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Unicorns of Balinor (Unicorns of Balinor, #1-3)
This topic is about Unicorns of Balinor
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's Book Series about Time Traveling Horses--Fiction. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hpotter816155 (new)

Hpotter816155 | 5 comments Hi Goodreads Community!

I've been searching for a specific book series for YEARS now and cannot for the life of me figure it out. It was a book series I read about 20 years ago (late 90s early 00s) when I was first learning to read. Unfortunately I never got past the first two books because the library didn't have more. I've since picked the brains of the librarians and their databases at this library and they no longer have the book and weren't working there when it was carried. Unfortunately I don't have too much information because it was so long ago.

I suspect these books were published in the 80s or 90s. I read the paperback versions. They were for early independent readers, nothing too lengthy or complex, probably about 80-100 pages with medium text. The first book had an image of a black horse on the cover.
Main character was a girl who was living in contemporary times. She had (or visited) a horse in a stable and somehow ended up time traveling to this fantasy medieval land with the horse. I don't believe she was able to get back to her time period.

Aaaaand that's all I have for plot information--anything further and I feel like I'm just coming up with random information that probably isn't accurate. I CAN rule out Saddle Club, Pony Pals, Black Beauty, Misty. I remember my 6 year old self being on the edge of my seat with suspense, but that's about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated but I understand there's not too much to go on.

Thank you!

message 2: by Samemtbasic (new)

Samemtbasic | 4 comments Was it Can I Get There by Candlelight?

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21139 comments Is 2002 too late? The Magic Spell is the first in a series.

A Dream Come True is another magical pony series from the late '90s, but the plot doesn't sound right.

Horsemaster and With Magical Horses To Ride seem kinda promising, but they're not part of a series.

message 5: by Divya (new) - added it

Divya (kylia) | 22 comments Long shot but could it be a unicorn in your story? I'm thinking of The Unnicorns of Balinor series.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 6: by Hpotter816155 (last edited May 04, 2018 11:32AM) (new)

Hpotter816155 | 5 comments OH my GOSH
That's the book! The Unicorns of Balinor!
Thank you SO much :) You're a miracle worker!

message 7: by Hpotter816155 (new)

Hpotter816155 | 5 comments I appreciate everyone's effort in helping me find this! Who knew there were so many horse books...

message 8: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments Great! Unicorns of Balinor for the link.