Beta Reader Group discussion

Into the Darkness (Darkness Falls #1)
This topic is about Into the Darkness
Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Needing opinion on first chapter of NA zombie novel

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kira Adams | 85 comments Hello!

I am in the process of writing my NA zombie novel, Into the Darkness (about 30k words in), and have been having second thoughts on whether it would be better suited in present tense. (Currently it is written in past tense).

What I am really looking for is someone to look at two different versions of the same chapter. One in past and one in present and simply tell me which one suits the story better in your opinion.

If you like Walking Dead and the Vampire Diaries then this story should be enjoyable. Apart from a lot of action and some gory details there is also romance and drama.

Here is the blurb:
It all began with a bang—a bomb of epic proportions. Terrorists. The United States was only the beginning. Entire countries crumbled after the attacks. It was official, world war III was declared and the one thing most dreaded was put back into effect; a draft.

Letters went out exclaiming any male over the age of eighteen who was in good health had to report for duty. The chaos was tiring. Our country began building an army with no slight clue of what they were going to do. They weren’t even sure who the target was.

My father slipped by due to his disability; my brother rebelled. Never one for parameters he stayed out of sight. When the recruiters came looking for him we weaved a tale of his runaway. They were hesitant to believe us—but they left anyway.

Not six months later and WWIII was nothing more than a thing of the past. Something darker, more sinister took its place, and the world was never the same.

Ideally, I am looking for timely feedback within a week. :)

message 2: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 2 comments I would be interested in reading. My email is kristieulrich@hotmail.com

Kira Adams | 85 comments Kristie wrote: "I would be interested in reading. My email is kristieulrich@hotmail.com"

Hey Kristie! I have emailed you. :)

message 4: by Keeley (new) - added it

Keeley (keeley_smith) | 25 comments I would be interested in reading it :-) keeleysmith1986@gmail.com

Kira Adams | 85 comments Keeley wrote: "I would be interested in reading it :-) keeleysmith1986@gmail.com"

Hey Keeley! I have sent you an email. :)

Kira Adams | 85 comments Kristie wrote: "I would be interested in reading. My email is kristieulrich@hotmail.com"

Thank you for all the help Kristie! It is much appreciated. :)

message 7: by Keeley (new) - added it

Keeley (keeley_smith) | 25 comments Thanks Kira :-) Sent you one back :-)