Five Bubble Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Club Business > Ideas for our first monthly book discussion?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eric (last edited Apr 24, 2018 05:25AM) (new)

Eric Li | 212 comments Mod
OK, I have a confession to make:
I have no idea how this club can "meet" in real life. Gulp.

When I started this book club, my thought was like: we all in the same company, right? So a big meeting room with a big screen, Needham, Boston, New York, London, Ottawa, San Francisco, boom!

There are at least two flaws in my assumption:
1) Those big screens in big rooms seldom work well even in more serious everyday life.
2) We have both London and San Francisco in that sentence.

So now I'm throwing this puzzle to you all, How do you think we should meet? Are you willing to come to our meeting this month? How flexible is your schedule? Should we get food?

One thing I'm sure though is a meetup is necessary, even there is only two or three of us doing a quick stand-up. It provides good motivation and brings the reading experience to a next level. So let's consider it a date around the last week of May for now, and figure out the details!

message 2: by Josh (new)

Josh Bob London and SF isn't a huge problem... We just need to meet around 11am-1pm Needham, which is 8am-10am in SF/LA and 4pm-6pm in Oxford/London.

Good thing Sydney's not in the equation!

message 3: by Eric (new)

Eric Li | 212 comments Mod
I'm also thinking about moving the monthly book final decision to the meeting if attendance is high enough. Extra motivation for joining the meeting.
Instead of polling for three days, we can finish this task with voting by applauding (or as they say in the Soviet Union, voting)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.