paranormal activities discussion

what is your favorite all time book or books

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Fletcher (supernaturalbiotch) | 4 comments Mod
Interview with the vampire is the book that started me on my reading endeavors. Now I have to many to list. Speaking of list I think I'm going to be creating a list of my favorites from the genre will post when done maybe I'll turn you on to something that you have been missing

message 2: by Isaiyan (new)

Isaiyan Morrison | 1 comments Interview with the vampire is such a great book. It was one of the first vampire books I've read.

As for my favorite books of all time, I have too many. I like my own books but what author doesn't like their own books? :)

message 3: by Shelley (new)

What books have you written and im in the process of my first book it has potential in my mind if it would just take life on paper as it does in my head I'll be happy

message 4: by Norma (new)

Norma Mills I would have to say my all time favorite book(s) is the two that got me back into reading hardcore:

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West

and

A Discovery of Witches

These are two amazing books that are complex, detailed, and started my love of paranormal/vampire. Before then I had not really picked up a book since I was in my late teens and that YA Horror.

message 5: by Shelley (new)

I think wicked was a book that I have from years ago but never read. .should I?

message 6: by Norma (new)

Norma Mills Shelley wrote: "I think wicked was a book that I have from years ago but never read. .should I?"

It is a great book. I know of about 12 people who tried to read it.. and of those twelve only 3 could complete the book. It is a hard read, with a lot of questionable statements and can be confusing, but it is a challenge. I would, it was great! I have always been a fan of the Wicked Witch, so I am pro green!

message 7: by Michaela (new)

Michaela Osiecki (rozemaiden87) I think I got my love of the supernatural genre from writers like Mary Shelley and Bram Stoker, but it's really the works of Poe that cemented it for me. You just can't compete with The Raven, after all...

message 8: by Norma (new)

Norma Mills I started with A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness and Wicked The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (The Wicked Years #1) by Gregory Maguire . Then it kinda went crazy. LOL!

message 9: by Esther (new)

Esther | 1 comments My all-time favorites are the Fae Fever series by Karen Marie Moning; “Grace” series by M.Lauryl Lewis; Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon; anything ghost, or haunting related, and apocalypse books-Deirdre Gould had a good series too. And, of course, anything by Agatha Christie or Dean Koontz!! 😜