Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

A Billionaire's Ransom Part 1
This topic is about A Billionaire's Ransom Part 1
Book Issues > Need Help With A Book Edition Combination Error

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eze (new)

Eze Eke | 5 comments Hi,
I tried to combine my book A Billionaire's Ransom Part 1: A Military Action and Adventure Romance Novel Series with it's older version/edition, but unfortunately the older edition which has a different title Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram Part 1 suppressed the newer version.

The book is part a series, 'A Billionaire's Ransom' I have the problem with the part 1 and 2 of the series. Older versions of them exist on my book profile. Trying to combine the part one was what got me into this problem.

Please, I would like this book: A Billionaire's Ransom Part 1: A Military Action and Adventure Romance Novel Series|36201790, restored and the old versions of this series, Dirty Diamonds of Boko Haram 1 and 2 removed from my book listing.

A Billionaire's Ransome is the current version of this series and the funny part this problem is that the new book cover of the series is not even showing up on this site, nor is the paperback version.

message 2: by Renske (new)

Renske | 11543 comments We don't remove published edition, even if they are no longer available. But you can set the new editions as default https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

message 3: by Eze (new)

Eze Eke | 5 comments Renske wrote: "We don't remove published edition, even if they are no longer available. But you can set the new editions as default https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3..."

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my request for help. At this point, I would just love to undo that combination. I have tried to separate them but failed. Whenever I click on the separate tool it just takes me to the Goodreads feed page.

I just wanna undo what I did.

message 4: by Renske (new)

Renske | 11543 comments Authors can't separate books. But the policy is to have different editions/versions combined.

message 5: by Eze (new)

Eze Eke | 5 comments Renske wrote: "Authors can't separate books. But the policy is to have different editions/versions combined."

Well, the old version is suppressing the new version and this is my problem. That the book in issue is the first book of a series and so is literally missing on my book listing is driving me crazy.

A Billionaire's Ransom part 1 (not showing)
A Billionaire's Ransom part 2 (avaliable)
A Billioniare's Ransom part 3 (avaliable)

This is how it is. Who will read a series without part 1? It is only when the reader opens 'Dirty Diamonds of Boko Haram part 1' that he or realizes the error.... it is actually 'A Billionaire's Ransom part 1 tucked under neat.

I am screwed on 3 books not just one.

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26902 comments Eze, if you followed Renskes msg #2 above you can set the default edition to the new book, then it won't be "missing".

Librarians cannot set the default editions, only authors & staff can do that.

message 7: by Eze (new)

Eze Eke | 5 comments Sandra wrote: "Eze, if you followed Renskes msg #2 above you can set the default edition to the new book, then it won't be "missing".

Librarians cannot set the default editions, only authors & staff can do that."

Done now.
Funny how all the setting and tools are right there been positioned in such a way that the eye can overlook it. The thing is all over this site!
Thank you so much, Sandra. I greatly appreciate your help.

message 8: by Eze (new)

Eze Eke | 5 comments Renske wrote: "Authors can't separate books. But the policy is to have different editions/versions combined."

Apologies for the inconvenience I have caused you. The link you shared above was the answer to my problem but the issue was the way the tools are positioned on this site. They seem to be most placed so the ordinary eyes runs over them without noticing them.

Thank you so much.

message 9: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26902 comments Glad its solved your problem :)