What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

It's Not the End of the World
This topic is about It's Not the End of the World
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Seeking young adult narrated by girl whose parents are divorcing, maybe book from eighties. Spoiler warning. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bren fall in love with the sea. | 288 comments I read this in the eighties and it is YA about a girl who I think narrates it, whose parents are splitting up.

There is alot of animosity between the two parents but what I remember the most is the end so I will have to put

SPOILER ALERT:The mother takes the divorce very hard and there are some issues between her and the children but at the end she gets it together. There is a scene where she gets a new haircut and talks about finding work, maybe refinishing furniture and/or antiques . I think she may get a new boyfriend too. The them is finding yourself after a divorce and the primary focus is on the girl whom I believe narrates and the mother.

I have no idea what state it took place in or any other details..just that it is realistic young adult fiction that would have come out, at the latest, in the late eighties.

Bren fall in love with the sea. | 288 comments That's it! Thank you so much.

message 4: by Kell I Am (new)

Kell I Am | 187 comments Glad I could help!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

It's Not the End of the World (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Judy Blume (other topics)