Young Adult Catholic Readers discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana (new)

Diana Ragsdale As we delve deeper into the case, threads are broken and new ones emerge. What was your impression of Mr. and Miss Stapleton? Any thoughts about the murderer on the loose?

message 2: by Lou (new)

Lou (aliceinbagend) | 41 comments Mod
They are really interesting... They've definitely got something to hide...
Why do you think that woman was crying though? And why was her husband so content on hiding the fact she was crying?
Something's odd with all the characters we've recently been introduced with. I'm just trying to think what their motive might be...

message 3: by Kelly Rose (new)

Kelly Rose | 60 comments It's all very captivating. The crying woman is a point of interest. Is she crying because she mourns the death of her previous master, but why should that be a secret?

I wonder what you guys think of Sir Henry's missing shoes and the eerie sound they heard rolling across the moorlands, and, as you mentioned, the escaped convict. Are these trivial details to add character to the story or is anything ever truly pointless in a Holmes case?

I might also add that I enjoy this particular story because Holmes has left the case entirely for Watson to investigate. I cannot say for certain for I have not finished any other case yet, but I think this is unique and adds more suspense and mystery to the novel by subtracting the detective's astute observations and conclusions.

message 4: by Diana (new)

Diana Ragsdale Great questions to think about! But at the moment, I'm afraid I don't have a clue how to answer them haha. This whole case is baffling and I hope something starts making sense soon.