What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA book featuring main character Clare Rosamund circa 1999-2003

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olivia (new)

Olivia W | 3 comments The book I'm trying to remember takes place in England and features a main character named Clare/Claire/Clair and later find out she also has the name Rosamund which is a family name. At the start of the book she is taking tests I believe are similar to the SAT's and she also has a boyfriend named Adrian who is a business or political science major and wants her to be as well. She has a mother who plays prominently in the book but not a father figure as I believe he died early in her life and they travel to a small town that her mother was raised in. There is the main plotline of her family and another family each having a female/male "partner" if you will be a sort of protector of the barrows commonly found in England. The main character finds herself to be the next female protector and I don't remember the male's name I believe it may start with a V (Victor, Vincent?). He is a typical young adult fiction badboy; leather jacket, motorcycle, etc. I read this Young Adult novel somewhere around 2000-2002 and I do believe it was a new release. I think it may have had a picture of a tree on the cover.

message 2: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (jskell91172) | 5 comments Is it the City of Bones, City of Glass, and City of Ashes trilogy(The Mortal Instruments). Clary was the main characters name. Victor would be the V name. And her Boyfriend was Jace.

message 3: by Olivia (new)

Olivia W | 3 comments Kristen wrote: "Is it the City of Bones, City of Glass, and City of Ashes trilogy(The Mortal Instruments). Clary was the main characters name. Victor would be the V name. And her Boyfriend was Jace."

Took a look at the books you suggested and no, it's not this trilogy. I don't believe this book was meant to be part of a series. It was also set in England as well however I do believe it was considered superenatural/science fiction YA. But thank you!

message 4: by Olivia (new)

Olivia W | 3 comments Olivia wrote: "The book I'm trying to remember takes place in England and features a main character named Clare/Claire/Clair and later find out she also has the name Rosamund which is a family name. At the start ..."

I've actually started to stir some more memories of this book as well and I believe that the male boyfriend's name could be Mark/Marc as opposed to starting with a V like I previously mentioned.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36601 comments Mod
Olivia, what are the paranormal or sci fi elements (e.g., special powers, fantastical creatures)?

What type of protection is needed against what/whom?

message 6: by Adele (new)

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
Olivia, are you still looking for this or did you find it?