The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Monthly Challenges > August Scattergories

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H

The general rules of Scattergories are you are given a list of categories and a time limit. Then the letter dice is rolled and you have to come up with something that matches your letter and the category.

This “Challenge” works in conjunction with the other challenges you may participate in this month. You may use a book to fulfill multiple items (you don't have to read 12 books this month...don't worry!) While you are fulfilling the requirements of your other challenges, be on the lookout for the following items (they may be on the cover or mentioned in the book):

The Challenge: I will post a list of 12 categories, 6 general relating to any book, and 6 specific to that month. On the last day of the month before, I will post the letter of the month. You can start reading on the 1st. The goal is to get as many points as possible by the end of the month.

Duration: August 1st to August 31th

Rules:
1.Any genre of books will work
2.Ebooks and audio count
3.You can read in any order
4.Rereads are ok but if you really reread the book

Points: You get one point for each category you can tie to a book, where the first letter begins with the letter of the month. You get double points for each time the letter of the month is used to begin a word (ex. for author if the letter was C, Cassandra Claire would be 2 points). We will not be deducting points for duplicate answers like the original game version does.

…..Note….. if you have already earned 1 point for an item and come across another item worth more points you can replace it. Please only list the one book that you are currently using for points.

Special categories are open for interpretation. As long as it is mentioned in the book and you can justify how it fits, it will work.

When you find one of the items list the Book Title and Author (or link the cover), date it, and specify where the item is found within the book. (i.e. page number, e-reader location, audio chapter)

Just like the regular game we will not use the letters Q, U, V, X, Y and Z.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Items:
General
1. Book Title:
2. Author:
3. Main Character:
4. Secondary Character:
5. Place:
6. Cover:

August Specials

For most of us in the US August is synonymous with back to school time. V-J Day is also in August which marks the end of World War 2. August 26th is Go Topless Day, so lets all look out at something partially naked (or wholly naked). August is one of the most popular months for camping. August is also my son’s birthday, he happens to share his birthday with my best friend and Matthew Perry from the tv show Friends. Last but not least one of the birthstones in onyx, an often black stone.

7.School
8.War
9.Naked
10.Camping
11.Friend
12. Black

message 2: by Jennifer H (last edited Jul 27, 2014 03:27PM) (new)

Jennifer H The letter of the month is

message 3: by Barbara ★ (last edited Sep 01, 2014 04:44PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 2521 comments I'm in.

Letter = W

18 POINTS

General
1. Book Title: White Wedding - Ursula Sinclair 8/11 (2 POINTS)
2. Author: On the Prowl - Christine Warren 8/4 (1 POINT)
3. Main Character: Walker Kimbal - Frostfire - Lynn Viehl 8/30 (1 POINT)
4. Secondary Character: William - Redemption - Susannah Sandlin 8/24 (1 POINT)
5. Place: Wales - Darkfire Kiss - Deborah Cooke 8/29 (1 POINT)
6. Cover: Wings - Vampire Mine - Kerrelyn Sparks 8/2 (1 POINT)

August Specials
7. School: Vampire Mine - Kerrelyn Sparks 8/2
is the school well guarded p15 (1 POINT)

8. War: Vampire Mine - Kerrelyn Sparks 8/2
Jean-Luc was watching Roman's back just as he had done during the Great Vampire War p192 (3 POINTS)

9. Naked: Vampire Mine - Kerrelyn Sparks 8/2
his gaze wandered over her body. I've seen you naked before. p176 (1 POINT)

10. Camping: A Taint In The Blood - Dana Stabenow 8/10
Johnny had been camping at the Lost Wife Mine p18 (1 POINT)

11. Friend: Vampire Mine - Kerrelyn Sparks 8/2
Connor's smile faded as he watched his vamp friends emerging from the chapel, nearly all of them with a wife at his side p7 (3 POINTS)

12. Black: Vampire Mine - Kerrelyn Sparks 8/2
a black animated bat flapped it's wings while underneath p8 (2 POINTS)

White Wedding by Ursula Sinclair On the Prowl (The Others, #6) by Christine Warren Vampire Mine (Love at Stake, #10) by Kerrelyn Sparks A Taint In The Blood (Kate Shugak, #14) by Dana Stabenow Frostfire (Kyndred, #3) by Lynn Viehl Darkfire Kiss (Dragonfire, #6) by Deborah Cooke Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1) by Susannah Sandlin

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 4: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Barbara!

message 5: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) I'm in, though I totally stunk this month!

I will come back and post.

message 6: by Jennifer H (last edited Jul 27, 2014 06:14PM) (new)

Jennifer H Here's hoping August is better! Good Luck Leslie!

message 7: by Jonquil (last edited Aug 27, 2014 12:24PM) (new)

Jonquil Letter = W

31 POINTS DONE

General
1. Book Title: Working Stiff 1
2. Author: Wil Wheaton Dancing Barefoot 8/4 ★★★★ 2
3. Main Character: Hilary Westfield Magic Marks the Spot 8/1 ★★★ 1
4. Secondary Character: Wil Wheaton Dancing Barefoot 8/4 ★★★★ 2
5. Place: Woodrow Wilson School Best School Year Ever 8/1 ★★★ 2 points
6. Cover: White wall with window, wood door, water, and graffiti: Worst Kids in the History of the World! Best School Year Ever 8/1 ★★★ 7 points
Best School Year Ever by Barbara Robinson

7. School: the wisdom I sought wasn't to be found in any sort of school 78% Mind Games7/10 ★★ 2
8. War: the water wars will be what kills us 12 % Mind Games7/10 ★★ 4
9. Naked: I shall be naked and waiting; I watched him walk into the en suite. 39% Fireborn 3
10. Camping: why would a woman who liked lingerie and sexy things want to spend a week in the wilderness? p 110 The Girl's Guide to (Man) Hunting 8/4 ★★ 7 points
11. Friend: dowdy and weaker friend 35% Mind Games 7/10 ★★ 1
12. Black: they dove for the water without thinking, slipping off the wet rock and into the welcoming black water. Lost Children of the Far Islands 64% 8/6 ★★ 5 points

message 8: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Jonquil!

message 9: by Jade aka MrsTosh (last edited Aug 29, 2014 05:04AM) (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 699 comments Letter - W
Books Read - 4
Points - 16 points
Completed: 29th August
General
1. Book Title: Who He Is
2. Author:Williams, Shannora ~ Who He Is
3. Main Character: Madison Waters ~ Because You're Mine
4. Secondary Character:cCole West Undeniable
5. Place: Western Australia Under the Hood
6. Cover: Wrench Under The Hood

August Specials

7.School~:Because You're Mine ~ School and work left little time for a social life Loc 16 (1 point)
8.War~Undeniable~We do this, we do Frankie, and we're at war with Preacher. Loc 166 (3 points)
9.Naked~:Because You're Mine ~ We were still completely naked. Loc 148 (2 points)
10.Camping~Under The Hood ~ They pitched their tent under the wide gum tree. Loc 304 (1 point)
11.Friend~:Because You're Mine ~ A friend of mine’s wife, actually. Loc 55 (1 point)
12. Black~:Who Is He~Black leather stools lined the lip of the bar while pub tables and chair flocked the mahogany wold floors. Loc 55 (2 points)
points bookcover Who He Is] 3* 13.08.14

Because You're Mine (MINE, #1) by K. Langston Under the Hood by Juanita Kees Who He Is (FireNine, #1) by Shanora Williams Undeniable (Undeniable, #1) by Madeline Sheehan

message 10: by Nancy (last edited Sep 01, 2014 12:07AM) (new)

Nancy (nancyhelen) | 210 comments I'm also in, although I too was absolutely rubbish in July! Perhaps August will be better...

Letter = W

10 Points
Tasks 8/12

General
1. Book Title:
2. Author: Edith Wharton - The Age of Innocence
3. Main Character:
4. Secondary Character: May Welland - The Age of Innocence
5. Place:
6. Cover: woman - The Italian Girl

The Italian Girl by Iris Murdoch

August Specials
✔7. School: This is why, when I went back to school after Mameha agreed to be my older sister... Memoirs of a Geisha p. 141 (2 points)
✔8. War: We don't have barons and counts in Japan any longer, but we did before World War II... Memoirs of a Geisha p. 184 (1 point)
✔9. Naked: But if you ask me whether I'd rather look at a kimono or a naked woman... Memoirs of a Geisha p. 248 (1 point)
10. Camping:
✔11. Friend: one of the women was Hatsumomo's friend, Korin. Memoirs of a Geisha p. 194 (2 points)
✔12. Black: Everywhere were long brushes, some broken or gnawed, and big wooden boards with half-finished drawings in black-and-white. Memoirs of a Geisha p. 220 (1 point)

Books Read
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden - Read 7.08.14
The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton - Read 22.08.14
The Italian Girl by Irish Murdoch - Read 26.08.14

message 11: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome NancyHelen!

message 12: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) Gee, NancyHelen, I can't imagine what was going on in your life that you didn't get your reading challenge done!!
Hope baby is doing well (and sibling! and mommy!)

message 13: by Ora (last edited Aug 26, 2014 07:12AM) (new)

Ora (oeamis) Letter - W

General
1. Book Title: When the Duke Was Wicked Lorraine Heath 08/12 3 1/2
2. Author: The Highlander's Bride TroubleMary Wine 08/16
3. Main Character: Damian, Earl of Windermere Lady Windermere's LoverMiranda Neville 08/25
4. Secondary Character: William Claiborne When Strangers Marry Lisa Kleypas 08/09 4 stars
5. Place: Windermere House Lady Windermere's LoverMiranda Neville 08/25
6. Cover: A Week to Be WickedTessa Dare 08/17
When the Duke Was Wicked (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #1) by Lorraine Heath The Highlander's Bride Trouble (The Sutherlands, #4) by Mary Wine Lady Windermere's Lover (The Wild Quartet, #3) by Miranda Neville When Strangers Marry (Vallerands, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Lady Windermere's Lover (The Wild Quartet, #3) by Miranda Neville A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2) by Tessa Dare
August Specials
7.School we'd make some trips to schools, so we can have that sorted out before autumn. A Week to Be Wicked Tessa Dare 08/17
8.War a war that had destroyed both planets.OppositionJennifer L. Armentrout 08/05 5 stars
9.Naked she was waitin naked, in my bed. Hillbilly Rockstar Lorelei James 08/11
10.Camping "You? Camping?" he snorted. "Much less camping in hell. Dark Skye Kresley Cole 08/07 5 stars
11.Friend It's a friend. When the Duke Was Wicked Lorraine Heath 08/12 3 1/2
12.Black little black dots everywhereOriginJennifer L. Armentrout08/04 5 stars
A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2) by Tessa Dare Opposition (Lux, #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Hillbilly Rockstar (Blacktop Cowboys, #6) by Lorelei James Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark #14) by Kresley Cole When the Duke Was Wicked (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #1) by Lorraine Heath Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

message 14: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancyhelen) | 210 comments ~Leslie~ wrote: "Gee, NancyHelen, I can't imagine what was going on in your life that you didn't get your reading challenge done!!
Hope baby is doing well (and sibling! and mommy!)"

All of us are doing well, thank you!

message 15: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Ora!

message 16: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H We are glad to have you back, Danielle!

message 17: by Rebecca (last edited Aug 26, 2014 06:58PM) (new)

Rebecca Waranch | 55 comments August Scattergories
August 1-August 31, 2014
Letter: W
Tasks: (12/12)

Items:
General
1. Book Title: White Noise by Don DeLillo (1 pt) 8/20
2. Author: Alice Walker The Color Purple (1 pt) 8/5
3. Main Character: Don Wanderley Ghost Story by Peter Straub (1 pt) 8/15
4. Secondary Character: Dally Winston The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton (1 pt) 8/9
5. Place: Wimbledon The Last Girl by Jane Casey (1 pt) 8/16
6. Cover: white wall Double Indemnity by James M. Cain (2 pts) 8/26
Double Indemnity by James M. Cain

August Specials

7.School: "We're waiting to hear back from the school about who she hung out with" (p.196) 14 by J.T. Ellison (4 pts) 8/22/14
8.War: Why not just declare war on the worst of the lot?" (p.255) Love Me to Death by Allison Brennan (3 pts) 8/9
9.Naked: "you need to go watch naked women dance tonight" (p.185) 14 by J.T. Ellison (2 pts) 8/22/14
10.Camping: "when I wobbled back to camp" (p.319) Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster by Jon Krakauer (2 pts) 8/13
11.Friend: "i'll cover your ass with Whitman on whatever you're working on" (p.22)A Perfect Evil by Alex Kava (4 pts) 8/4
12. Black: "the widow appeared, a little old woman wearing an unusually long and shabby rustling black dress" (p.197) Under the Volcano by Malcolm Lowry (3 pts) 8/8

message 18: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Rebecca!

message 19: by Missyb (last edited Aug 30, 2014 05:37PM) (new)

Missyb | 127 comments 1. Book Title: Blind Wolf
2. Author: Samantha Warren (Vampire Assassin)
3. Main Character: Will (Omega)
4. Secondary Character: Willa (Shadowed)
5. Place: Washington state (Shadowed)
6. Cover: Wolf (Blind Wolf)
7. School: The school year's already one week in (p.87, Blind Wolf)
8. War: As the strategic leader of the Realm, he'd end up between Dage, who'd want to end the war, and Jase, who'd want to kill Suri first.(p.248 Shadowed)
9. Naked: The polite one that has me wanting to strip you naked and make you beg (p. 97 Tamed)
10. Camping: She wandered around the camp, checking on her friends. (p.222 How to Seduce a Vampire, without really trying)
11. Friend:We were friends once (p.118 Shadowed)
12. Black: The man wore all black (p.41 Shadowed)
Blind Wolf (A Werewolf BBW Shifter Romance, #1) by Aubrey Rose the version I have has a wolf on the cover Shadowed (Dark Protectors, #6) by Rebecca Zanetti Tamed (Dark Protectors, #6.5) by Rebecca Zanetti Omega (Penton Legacy, #3) by Susannah Sandlin Vampire Assassin (A Jane Novella) by Samantha Warren How to Seduce a Vampire (Without Really Trying) (Love at Stake, #15) by Kerrelyn Sparks

message 20: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Missyb!

message 21: by Minttu (last edited Aug 12, 2014 07:39AM) (new)

Minttu (menthae) | 35 comments Boy did I luck out with this letter! The next book on my to-read list fits the title and author a bit too well :D

Letter = W

18 POINTS

General
1. Book Title: While We Were Watching Downton Abbey by Wendy Wax
2. Author: Wendy Wax - While We Were Watching Downton Abbey
3. Main Character:
4. Secondary Character:
5. Place:
6. Cover:

August Specials

7. School: ”Back in D.C, where Rand had worked as a carpenter and part-time teacher at kids’ music school and she’d photographed weddings and babies and family reunions, she’d often felt as if everyone were trying to rush her along - brushing past her with an impatient exhalation on the sidewalk or honking when she didn’t step on the gas the second the light turned green." - pg. 39-40/861 ebook. - Catching Air - ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ - 12th Aug 2014 - 6 points

8. War:

9. Naked: ”Once when Alyssa was lying in Rand’s bed, still naked and flushed and sweaty after an incredible lovemaking session, a girl had pounded on the door.” - pg. 681/861 ebook - Catching Air - ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ - 12th Aug 2014 - 1 point

10. Camping: ”God forbid this family ever went camping; they’d probably try to use their fingertips to toast marshmallows.” - pg. 690/861 ebook - Catching Air - ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ - 12th Aug 2014 - 1 point

11. Friend:What Kira hadn’t mentioned about her Facebook friend was that her baby had ended up coming seven weeks early and had spent the first few weeks of its life in the ICU." - pg. 435/861 ebook - Catching Air - ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ - 12th Aug 2014 - 4 points

12. Black: ”But Rand was probably just tired from working so hard these past few weeks; she’d noticed dark circles under his eyes and the thumbnail that was turning black from where he’d banged it with a hammer.” - pg. 147/681 - Catching Air - ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ - 12th Aug 2014 - 6 points

Catching Air by Sarah Pekkanen

message 22: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Wow, that is a lot of w's :)

message 23: by Suzanne (last edited Aug 28, 2014 11:19AM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1518 comments The Lost Challenges
August Scattergories
Duration:
8/1/2014 - 8/31/2014

Progress: 12 out of 12

Letter = W

General

1. Book Title:
The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown - **** - 8/15/2014
2. Author: The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe - **** - 8/10/2014
3. Main Character: Betty White: If You Ask Me by Betty White - ***** - 8/28/2014
4. Secondary Character: Chase and Amanda Walker: Big Girl Panties by Stephanie Evanovich - ***** - 8/21/2014 - 324 Pages
5. Place: Wales: The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde - **** - 8/20/2014
6. Cover: Water: Of Poseidon by Anna Banks - *** - 8/27/2014 - 324 Pages

August Specials
7. School:
"I walked home from school one day about two years ago and it was raining, so I ran straight inside." Page 338
Proven Guilty by Jim Butcher - ***** - 8/4/2014
8. War: "You join up with the wizards now and you wind up in the middle of the war." Page 346
9. Naked: "The ice sculpture of a thick, dead-looking tree held a dead, naked man upon it, crucified on its branches as a grotesque work of art." Page 308
10. Camping: "We loved camping." Page 104
Big Girl Panties by Stephanie Evanovich - ***** - 8/21/2014 - 324 Pages
11. Friend: "I hope this book will impress your friends when you display it prominently in your home."
Self-Inflicted Wounds: Heartwarming Tales of Epic Humiliation by Aisha Tyler - ***** - 8/2/2014
12. Black: "Those are pretty standard black wizardry accessories." Page 41

Self-Inflicted Wounds Heartwarming Tales of Epic Humiliation by Aisha Tyler Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files #8) by Jim Butcher The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next #1) by Jasper Fforde Big Girl Panties by Stephanie Evanovich Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1) by Anna Banks If You Ask Me (And of Course You Won't) by Betty White

message 24: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Suzanne!

message 25: by btwthesepages (last edited Aug 31, 2014 07:42AM) (new)

btwthesepages It's my first time playing Scattergories ever! Wish me luck!

The Lost Challenges
August Scattergories
Duration: 8/1/2014 - 8/31/2014

General

1. Book Title:
2. Author: Kasie West's Pivot Point
3. Main Character:
4. Secondary Character:
5. Place:
6. Cover:

August Specials
7.School : "I've waited my whole life to go to high school and now I have to wear this?" Position: 8%
Also Known As by Robin Benway 3 points? Is that correct?
8.War
9.Naked
10.Camping
11.Friend
12. Black

message 26: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome & Good Luck, Arshiya!

message 27: by btwthesepages (new)

btwthesepages Thanks Jennifer!

message 28: by Turtlefrog (last edited Aug 24, 2014 07:06PM) (new)

Turtlefrog Letter of the Month = W
Total Points = 16
General

1. Book Title: A Tragic Wreck 1 point
2. Author:
3. Main Character:
4. Secondary Character:
5. Place:
6. Cover: Bound Wrists Gorgeous Chaos 1 point

August Specials

For most of us in the US August is synonymous with back to school time. V-J Day is also in August which marks the end of World War 2. August 26th is Go Topless Day, so lets all look out at something partially naked (or wholly naked). August is one of the most popular months for camping. August is also my son’s birthday, he happens to share his birthday with my best friend and Matthew Perry from the tv show Friends. Last but not least one of the birthstones in onyx, an often black stone.

7.School - Demon At My Door : We can be together at school without him finding out. Page 23 / 3 point
8.War - Demon At My Door : Legend says the sword fell from Michael's hand during the war in heaven and landed somewhere on earth. Page 316 / 1 point
9.Naked - Demon At My Door : There are pictures of naked women all over Trevor's walls. Page 335 / 3 points
10.Camping
11.Friend - Demon At My Door : I wish he wouldn't address me like we're friends, because we are so not. Page 11 / 5 points
12. Black - Demon At My Door : A vortex of air whips my black hair in my face. Page 10 / 2 points

Demon At My Door (Demon At My Door, #1) by Michelle A. Valentine 8/7/14 A Tragic Wreck (Beautiful Mess, #2) by T.K. Leigh 8/13/14 Gorgeous Chaos (Beautiful Mess, #3) by T.K. Leigh 8/20/14

message 29: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Turtlefrog!

message 30: by Penni (last edited Aug 06, 2014 06:48PM) (new)

Penni | 1286 comments Mod
The letter of the month is W:

Items:
General
1. Book Title:
2. Author:
3. Main Character: Sebastian Wroth, No Rest for the Wicked
4. Secondary Character:
5. Place:
6. Cover:

August Specials

7.School
8.War
9.Naked
10.Camping
11.Friend
12. Black

message 31: by Audrey (last edited Aug 18, 2014 12:09PM) (new)

Audrey (godsmissiongal) After a very long absence I am in on this one. Been sick, then supper busy, than moved. Now can relax and read finally.

Letter = W

13 POINTS

General
1. Book Title: Waterfall by Lisa Tawn Bergren 08/09/2014 *****
2. Author:
3. Main Character:
4. Secondary Character:
5. Place:
6. Cover: Bourne by Lisa Tawn Bergren 08/18/2014 ***** Has a waterfall on the front cover.

August Specials
7. School: Waterfall He Wasn't a kid a school who had just fought off a bully. (3 points)
8. War: Waterfall Be advised that while Marchello and his men won the day, it was but one battle in a long war with our neighbors. (5 Points)
9. Naked: Waterfall I struggled not to try to hide myself, as if I were suddenly naked. (2 points)
10. Camping: Cascade by Lisa Tawn Bergren 08/12/2014 ***** Our dad had taken us camping once or twice. (1 point)
11. Friend: Waterfall I felt a pang, wishing I felt something more than a lat's-be-friends thing with this guy. (2 points)
12. Black: Waterfall ...Plunge it into his creepy, black heart. (1 point)

message 32: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H We are glad you are back with us :D

message 33: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Waranch | 55 comments finished!

August Scattergories
August 1-August 31, 2014
Letter: W
Tasks: (12/12)

Items:
General
1. Book Title: White Noise by Don DeLillo (1 pt) 8/20
2. Author: Alice Walker The Color Purple (1 pt) 8/5
3. Main Character: Don Wanderley Ghost Story by Peter Straub (1 pt) 8/15
4. Secondary Character: Dally Winston The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton (1 pt) 8/9
5. Place: Wimbledon The Last Girl by Jane Casey (1 pt) 8/16
6. Cover: white wall Double Indemnity by James M. Cain (2 pts) 8/26
Double Indemnity by James M. Cain

August Specials

7.School: "We're waiting to hear back from the school about who she hung out with" (p.196) 14 by J.T. Ellison (4 pts) 8/22/14
8.War: Why not just declare war on the worst of the lot?" (p.255) Love Me to Death by Allison Brennan (3 pts) 8/9
9.Naked: "you need to go watch naked women dance tonight" (p.185) 14 by J.T. Ellison (2 pts) 8/22/14
10.Camping: "when I wobbled back to camp" (p.319) Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster by Jon Krakauer (2 pts) 8/13
11.Friend: "i'll cover your ass with Whitman on whatever you're working on" (p.22)A Perfect Evil by Alex Kava (4 pts) 8/4
12. Black: "the widow appeared, a little old woman wearing an unusually long and shabby rustling black dress" (p.197) Under the Volcano by Malcolm Lowry (3 pts) 8/8

message 34: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Congrats Rebecca!

message 35: by Jade aka MrsTosh (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 699 comments Yay complete - 29.08.14

message 36: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Awesome, Jade!

message 37: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 127 comments Didn't think I'd ever find camping, but finally found it.
Done.

message 38: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Well done, Missyb!

message 39: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) Completed!! Pretty good this month!

Letter = W

19 POINTS

General
1. Book Title: Wild Wolf8/25/14 3.5★ 2 POINTS
2. Author: Joss WareNight Betrayed8/2/14 3.5★1 POINT
3. Main Character: Simon WolfguardWritten in Red8/21/14 5★ 1 POINT
4. Secondary Character: WulfDesire Untamed8/6/14 3.5★ 1 POINT
5. Place: Seattle, WashingtonWitchling8/8/14 3★1 POINT
6. Cover: Waves Air Bound8/30/14 4★ 1 POINT
Desire Untamed (Feral Warriors, #1) by Pamela Palmer Night Betrayed (Envy Chronicles, #4) by Joss Ware Witchling (Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon #1) by Yasmine Galenorn Written in Red (The Others, #1) by Anne Bishop Air Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #3) by Christine Feehan Wild Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #6) by Jennifer Ashley

August Specials
7. School: " I never asked why you left school. I never asked what went so wrong." p. 364 Summer Days8/10/14 3.5★ 4 POINTS
8. War: " War was a serious word because war reshaped the world." p. 285 Murder of Crows8/21/14 4.5★3 POINTS
9. Naked: "... she'd witnessed him almost completely naked..." p. 93Pleasure of a Dark Prince 8/29/14 4★1 POINT
10. Camping:
11. Friend: "She didn't want to watch her friends die ..." p. 20Striking Distance8/25/14 4.5 ★2 POINTS
12. Black:"While I'd wanted a cat - a black one ..." p. loc 2025WitchlingSEE ABOVE 2 POINTS
Summer Days (Fool's Gold, #7) by Susan Mallery Murder of Crows (The Others, #2) by Anne Bishop Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9) by Kresley Cole Striking Distance (I-Team, #6) by Pamela Clare

message 40: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Way to go, Leslie!

message 41: by Nancy (last edited Sep 01, 2014 12:08AM) (new)

Nancy (nancyhelen) | 210 comments I did a lot better this time, but I still didn't get it finished. Let's see how September goes...

10 Points
Tasks 8/12

General
1. Book Title:
2. Author: Edith Wharton - The Age of Innocence
3. Main Character:
4. Secondary Character: May Welland - The Age of Innocence
5. Place:
6. Cover: woman - The Italian Girl

The Italian Girl by Iris Murdoch

August Specials
✔7. School: This is why, when I went back to school after Mameha agreed to be my older sister... Memoirs of a Geisha p. 141 (2 points)
✔8. War: We don't have barons and counts in Japan any longer, but we did before World War II... Memoirs of a Geisha p. 184 (1 point)
✔9. Naked: But if you ask me whether I'd rather look at a kimono or a naked woman... Memoirs of a Geisha p. 248 (1 point)
10. Camping:
✔11. Friend: one of the women was Hatsumomo's friend, Korin. Memoirs of a Geisha p. 194 (2 points)
✔12. Black: Everywhere were long brushes, some broken or gnawed, and big wooden boards with half-finished drawings in black-and-white. Memoirs of a Geisha p. 220 (1 point)

Books Read
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden - Read 7.08.14
The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton - Read 22.08.14
The Italian Girl by Irish Murdoch - Read 26.08.14

message 42: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Well done, NancyHelen!