Harry Potter Fans discussion

Important > Mod Election 2018

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julia (new)

Julia Here is where you come to apply for a modship.

message 2: by Julia (new)

Julia We will have a total of 7 mods. 2 head mods (Still to be determined if those spots are up for grabs, more info later), 1 mod per house and a deputy mod. After the new mods are elected the 4 house mods will each pick an organizational job to take on as well. Yes, we are combining the House Mods and Organizational Mods into one. So for example someone could be the Hufflepuff Mod and the Poll Mod.
Now as for timing. You will have till May 1st to turn in you Mod Application, then starting on May 1st through May 10th the polls will run for voting for the mods. So here are the spots that are open.
Gryffindor Mod
Hufflepuff Mod
Ravenclaw Mod
Slytherin Mod
Deputy Mod (the deputy mod takes over for other mods when they cannot be online for a couple days)

Once the elections are over the Gryffindor Mod, Hufflepuff Mod, Ravenclaw Mod and Slytherin Mod will each take one of these for jobs as part of their mod responsibilities.
Discussion Mod
Poll Mod
Photo Mod
Game Mod

If you are interested in becoming a mod please answer these questions and post the answers here. Please only fill out applications for Gryffindor Mod, Hufflepuff Mod, Ravenclaw Mod, Slytherin Mod or Deputy Mod.
What is your name?
What house are you in?
What spot are you running for?
How many days a week are you on goodreads?
How long have you been in this group?
Why do you want to be a mod?
What do you think you can add to this group to make it better?

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to message me or comment on the questions thread. I’m happy to answer any questions you might have.
Julia

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Utecht (mockingjay16) | 6 comments Name: Hannah
House: Slytherin
Spot: Slytherin Mod
Days: 2ish but I can make it more
How long: Just joined, and am loving it!
Why: I believe I would make a great leader in the group, I have made other groups
Add: I think I can provide new prespectives

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 30, 2018 03:47PM) (new)

What is your name? Slytherpuff
What house are you in? Slytherin/Hufflepuff
What spot are you running for? Slytherin preferably but will take Hufflepuff
How many days a week are you on goodreads? Every day.
How long have you been in this group? Several months
Why do you want to be a mod? I want to help out to make this group better than it was before and act upon suggestions.
What do you think you can add to this group to make it better? Add fan fiction and other contests. We could also do challenges of sorts and a Harry Potter related book of the month.

message 5: by Julia (new)

Julia Heads up everyone, BOTH Head Mod spots are up for grabs! Abby and Sophie will be retiring.

message 6: by Ev (last edited Apr 30, 2018 11:04AM) (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) What is your name? Evelyn or Ev
What house are you in? Gryffindor
What spot are you running for? Head Mod or Gryffindor Mod
How many days a week are you on Goodreads? I usually check it everyday or so, but I can be on more if needed
How long have you been in this group? A little bit over a year
Why do you want to be a mod? I’ve been Gryffindor mod this last cycle and I’ve loved it and would love to help this group even more
What do you think you can add to this group to make it better? I’d love to help people make friends in this group and I’ve also believe that I can help this group grow. I’m a mod in serveral other groups and I can definitely use what I’ve learned from there to help this group. I also think that I could help get this group super active again

message 7: by Julia (new)

Julia What is your name?
Jenine Zuhour

What house are you in?
Gryffindor

Gryffindor mod and game/quiz mod

How many days a week are you on goodreads?
5-7 days

more than a year

I can have more fun with it

probably make a topic for roleplay (it doesn't mean we're going to make it a Roleplay

message 8: by Tyler, Ravenclaw Mod (new)

Tyler Morrison (avengingwarrior) | 69 comments Mod
Name: Tyler
House: Ravenclaw
Position: Head Mod
Activity: 5-7 Days
How long have I been in the group: Few months
Why: I believe that I can truly improve the quality and enjoyment of this community. I have Moderator experience, I was a former Moderator of the MCU wikia and the Harry Potter wikia.

message 9: by Julia (new)

Julia What is your name? I'm Ella, but El is fine,

What house are you in? I'm in Gryffindor, this is no lie, I swear I was sorted on pottermore and like every other potter fan site!

What spot are you running for? ???? I am okay with anything I guess!

How many days a week are you on goodreads? I'm on everyday for a while I am super active!

How long have you been in this group? It was the first group I ever joined so since one or two years ago

Why do you want to be a mod? Because I feel like I can be a lot of help and I am huge HP geek so I could add a lot of cool stuff!

message 10: by Jo (new)

Jo Robson (jorobson) | 2 comments Hi I’m Johanna, and I’d like to apply for the deputy mod, because I am a busy person but still would love to contribute to this group. I usually have about 4 days a week on Goodreads and I’ve been in the group for a bout a year in total. (Maybe more?) I think I would be a good mod as I love Harry Potter and I’m always pondering headcanons and theories and exploring pottermore. To help Harry Potter Fans I can be reliable and I have plenty of discussion or poll ideas I can feed through. (P.S. I’m a gryffindor!)

message 11: by Myra (new)

Myra | 131 comments Hi everyone! I'm Myra, and I am a Ravenclaw. I would like to run for Ravenclaw Mod. I am very active on Goodreads, as I am on every day. I have been in this group for about a year and a half, and have loved every minute of it! I love Harry Potter, and it is so great to talk to people who love Harry Potter just as much, or more than me. I would love to be a Mod for my house, as I think I will be able to contribute to the group in a constructive way. I also have moderator experience, as I was a Mod on another group on Goodreads. If I am elected as Mod, I will create new polls and topics, as I have several ideas already. Overall, I think I will be a reliable Mod, and I will bring new ideas to the group! Thank you!

message 12: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 90 comments What is your name? Serena ( I know it says Alyson, but I go by Serena)

What house are you in? Ravenclaw

What spot are you running for? Ravencalw Mod

How many days a week are you on goodreads?7

How long have you been in this group?2 years

Why do you want to be a mod? I want to bring back more discussions, more interactions, and Harry Potter book of the month

What do you think you can add to this group to make it better? I can bring in both new and old ideas as well as try to bring new people to the group.

message 13: by River (new)

River (riveraria) Hi! I'm River. I know that I am still new. I was injured after surgery (unrelated, but painful.) and am only just now getting into things again. I'm headmistress on a large HP group, so I don't have enough time to be a full time mod for another group. However, if you need someone to run a monthly book talk or group read I would be glad to do something like that.

message 14: by Rachelle tilikum (new)

Rachelle tilikum Lazore | 1 comments please thank you

rachelle? copy group harry potter

message 15: by Julia (new)

Julia 1.) Grace
2.) Ravenclaw
3.) Doesn’t matter
4.) Everyday
5.) Not sure
6.) To meet new people who share my love of the Harry Potter universe
7.) Well, I’m nothing special, I can just be a person

message 16: by Rylee, Gryffindor Mod (last edited Apr 30, 2018 06:59AM) (new)

Rylee (theneverlandgal) | 86 comments Mod
What is your name? I'm Ella, but El is fine,

What house are you in? I'm in Gryffindor, this is no lie, I swear I was sorted on pottermore and like every other potter fan site!

What spot are you running for? Head Mod, but I am okay with anything I guess!

How many days a week are you on goodreads? I'm on everyday for a while I am super active!

How long have you been in this group? It was the first group I ever joined so since one or two years ago

Why do you want to be a mod? Because I feel like I can be a lot of help and I am huge HP geek so I could add a lot of cool stuff! Also, a lot of my friends love HP so I can encourage them to join!

message 17: by Eden (new)

Eden | 7 comments What’s your name? Eden
What house are you in? Gryffindor
What spot are you running for? Gryffindor Mod
How many days a week are you on goodreads? I usually check it everyday
How long have you been in in this group? Almost a year
Why do you want to be a Mod? Will I’d like to take this responsibility as a part of life and i can help improving this group as well
I think i can make more fun and improve it in many ways
Thank you very much<3

message 18: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) What is your name? Wolf
What house are you in? Slytherin
What spot are you running for? Slytherrin Mod
How many days a week are you on goodreads? Monday through Thursday
How long have you been in this group? A while
Why do you want to be a mod? I can help improve the group and more mods are needed right now and I want to help.
What do you think you can add to this group to make it better? I can invite more people and create more challenges/tournaments, and get people active again.
Thanks

message 19: by aarifa (last edited Apr 30, 2018 10:26AM) (new)

aarifa What is your name? Aarifa
What house are you in? Slytherin/Ravenclaw (Slytherin by heart)
What spot are you running for? Deputy Mod
How many days a week are you on goodreads? At least 5/6 times a week.
How long have you been in this group? Since it started.
Why do you want to be a mod? I've been switching from Slytherin Mod to Deputy Mod for a while now and thoroughly enjoy the group and everyone's opinion.
What do you think you can add to this group to make it better? Well as the group hasn't been active for a while--except for the members having fun and meeting new people-- and I was hoping we could start the group up again. The reason a Deputy Mod is here is because when a mod is out, you can take their place to keep the house/discussion running!
Thanks Julia and nice seeing you again,
Aarifa, your Deputy Mod
P.S. I advise that there are at least two Deputy Mods, I see some people have ran for Deputy Mod.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

If needed I'm willing to do Hufflepuff mod especially because no one signed up for that position

message 21: by Julia (last edited Apr 30, 2018 04:20PM) (new)

Julia Would anybody be willing to apply for head mod? Right now as far as I can tell, we only have 1 person applying for it and there are two spots open. Of course if your too busy for that I understand, we don't want to elect a head mod that doesn't have the time and energy to do all the work, I just think that if the work load of "head mod" is spread between 2 people its a lot easier to handle. If you have already applied but want to change to apply for the head mod possition just post your name and say your changing your application to Head Mod instead. But, no matter what you apply for, everyone thank you for applying! This group is very important and I'm so happy you guys want to help lead it!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Julia wrote: "Would anybody be willing to apply for head mod? Right now as far as I can tell, we only have 1 person applying for it and there are two spots open. Of course if your too busy for that I understand,..."

If you really want me too, but I don't think I have the time still being in school. I can definetely take Hufflepuff mod even though my house on this is Slytherin.

message 23: by Eragon10316, Hufflepuff Mod (new)

Eragon10316 | 225 comments Mod
What is your name? Eragon

What house are you in? Hufflepuff

What spot are you running for? Hufflepuff Mod

How many days a week are you on goodreads? 5 to 6

How long have you been in this group?since February of 2016

Why do you want to be a mod? I want to help out as much as I can. I was already a mod but I wasn't able to be on for a while but I am back and would love to help out.

What do you think you can add to this group to make it better? I can bring in both new and old ideas as well as try to bring new people to the group.

message 24: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) I'll volunteer for head mod.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm willing to be head mod if needed.

message 26: by Grace , Head Mod (new)

Grace  Wright | 657 comments Mod
What is your name? Grace Wright
What house are you in? Ravenclaw
What spot are you running for? Head Mod
How many days are you on goodreads? Like three
How long have you been in this group? Around one and a half years
Why do you want to be a mod? I really love HP and I love this group and would like to contribute as much as possible.
I'll bring back house points, add more quizzes and polls, etc.

message 27: by Abigail (new)

Abigail | 47 comments What is your name?
Abigail, but you can call me Abby.

What house are you in?
Ravenclaw.

Ravenclaw Mod and Poll Mod.

How many days are you on Goodreads a week? 4-5 days a week.

9-10 months.

I want to be a mod because I want to introduce new ideas to the group.

What do you think you can add to make this group better?
I think I can add new ideas and for everyone to feel more comfortable talking and posting in the House chats because I know everyone may not feel confident in posting.

message 28: by Rylee, Gryffindor Mod (new)

How do we know who won???

message 29: by Julia (new)

Julia Sorry, Im putting up the polls up now.

message 30: by Rylee, Gryffindor Mod (new)

Yay, can't wait! Thanks I love this group!

message 31: by Rylee, Gryffindor Mod (new)

Also I was just wondering, when do we find out the winner?????

message 32: by Julia (new)

Julia May 17th

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 87 comments Name Amy
House Slytherin
Slytherin mod or deputy slytherin mod
How many weeks everyday and every week unless something comes up I will always let people know!

How long in the group a lot of months

I want to be a mod because I think I have great leadership skills, could help people find thief place in the house and I am kind and helpful.

I could add to the group with confidence, feel good wherever they are, I can help depending on situations and I think I could make the house better!