Year-long NaNo discussion

Loretta Marchize > A Princess at Heart- word count

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Marchize (goodreadscomloretta_mz) | 59 comments NOTE FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO ARE READING THE LOST PRINCESS: THESE SNIPPETS AND DESCRIPTIONS MAY INCLUDE MINOR SPOILERS I will work hard not to include major ones, but be warned.
This book is not on Goodreads yet but will be soon. For the description/etc, you can go here: https://fairytalechronicles.wordpress...
I have been slowly plowing through the first draft, and had a bit of a slump during chapters 4-6, but I've gotten over it now that I took a break to do the second draft of The Princess Ambassador
A Princess at Heart is all about Cilla Starling and Jay White, whose story started way back in book one, almost exactly one year before this book takes place. (this book also features Mason, Celeste, Dove, and a new character)
Sypnosis:
Cilla Starling has been a servant her whole life, at Queen Villn’s mercy. But after Queen Villn falls and she is released to live her own life, she moves in with her half-brother and their friend, Celeste. Then one day she gets an important invitation- an invitation to the annual royal White Kingdom balls that celebrate the peace between the Kappaka Kingdom and the White Kingdom. Cilla agrees, but once there she runs into trouble with dashing Prince Jay. Will she ever convince him that she could never become a queen? And then- just when her troubles are finally being resolved, terrible news arrives at the palace. Oria has attacked. And their not about to give up, so Cilla is stuck at the White Kingdom palace.
A Princess at Heart is based on Cinderella. (with a twist or two, of course)

I have just finished chapter 8, and I'm at 23,837 words. I'll be posting snippets and such as I go along!
First snippet:
(from chapter two)
“Ivory!” Cilla exclaimed. She walked over and gave Ivory a one-armed hug, avoiding the baby. “And how is he?” she asked.
“Just wonderful,” Ivory replied, holding up the baby. Andrew was nearly four months old by now, and very healthy. “Do you want to hold him?” she asked.
He gurgled and clenched his fist.
Cilla smiled and tickled his cheek. “Yes, but first I have to unpack.” A sad sort of smile crossed her face. “Someday, someday I’d like to have children of my own,” she said.
Ivory nodded “You’d be a good mother,” she said.
“I don’t know if it will ever happen though,” Cilla replied.
“No?” Ivory sat down in a chair and cradled Andrew.
“Well,” said Cilla, “if I’m being practical, I might not get married. I couldn’t have children then.”
Ivory’s eyes creased with worry. “I’m sure you’ll get married,” she said softly. She frowned and leaned back in her chair. “Why would you not?”
Cilla shook her head, as if to banish away dark thoughts. “I don’t know. It doesn’t matter.” She finished unpacking and sat down next to Ivory, taking Andrew into her arms. She cuddled him and cooed.

Yup that's right, The Lost Princess readers, this book features a (The Lost Princess spoiler)(view spoiler)

message 2: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Marchize (goodreadscomloretta_mz) | 59 comments I've been super busy with The Lost Princess's book release and The Princess Ambassador's editing- so I kinda forgot about A Princess at Heart. Opps. Anyways, I HAVE been writing. I just finished chapter 12 and started chapter 13, with a total of 29,961 words. (including cast list)

Snippet: (chapter 11)
“Wait for Father to make the first move. It’s only understandable that he will, after all, it’s like a giant game of chess. Your move was kidnapping me, now it’s his turn.” Jay turned to Rose. “Rose, would you get some water?”
She nodded and hurried away.
“Randolph, I didn’t want Rose to hear, but I think Father might bring in armed forces. Has your daughter seen a battle?” Jay asked.
“No,”
“Does she have any close by place to go?”
“No,”
“Well, she’s about to get educated. Father will go all-out to get me back.” Jay sighed. “Maybe it’s best if you hid her away, or put her with me.”
“I’ll keep her by my side,” Randolph said. “Don’t worry. She’ll be fine.”
Jay pressed his lips together.
“Really, she will. You can’t worry about her anyway, not if you’re leaving.” Randolph gave him an uneasy smile. “I’m just a bit worried about my army.”
“I’ll tell Father not to injure anyone- at least too much. And I can’t make any promises for Lu.”
(who's this Randolph? sorry, can't tell you! (two words- captain, enemy))

message 3: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Loretta wrote: "I've been super busy with The Lost Princess's book release and The Princess Ambassador's editing- so I kinda forgot about A Princess at Heart. Opps. Anyways, I HAVE been writing. I just finished ch..."

Nice!! :D

message 4: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Marchize (goodreadscomloretta_mz) | 59 comments R.A. wrote: "Loretta wrote: "I've been super busy with The Lost Princess's book release and The Princess Ambassador's editing- so I kinda forgot about A Princess at Heart. Opps. Anyways, I HAVE been writing. I ..."

Thanks!

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments You still working on this?

message 6: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Marchize (goodreadscomloretta_mz) | 59 comments Hannah Schuck wrote: "You still working on this?"

Yes... I just haven't been updating and I've been working on editing the book just before this, The Princess Ambassador!
I will get back to it soon, possibly this evening.

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Cool!

message 8: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Marchize (goodreadscomloretta_mz) | 59 comments Hello again! Believe it or not, I have been working on APH! Just... not as much as I hoped to. I was kinda doing some plotting and revising.
Total word count is now 30,933 (again, including cast list)
I'm about halfway through chapter thirteen.
Snippet:
Cilla picked at her dinner, trying to ignore the muted conversation taking place at the head of the table.
“I’m worried that he’s dead by now,” the advisor said.
King Travis groaned, putting his head in his hands.
“I’m sorry, my lord, but you have to face the facts. Prince Jay disappeared nearly four days ago. He most likely has been mistreated and not fed.”
“King Travis! Queen Amanda!” A servant nearly shouted, running in. “We just got news from Kappaka! King Ethan sent Lord Rush to free Prince Jay, since our forces were busy defending the land.”
“Was it a success?” Queen Amanda asked, sitting up straight and staring at the servant.
AND.... you'll never know whether or not it was a success. (;

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Ugh... trying to make me wait? How horrifying! XD

message 10: by R.A. (last edited Jun 01, 2018 05:26AM) (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Loretta wrote: "Hello again! Believe it or not, I have been working on APH! Just... not as much as I hoped to. I was kinda doing some plotting and revising.
Total word count is now 30,933 (again, including cast li..."

Yay for writing!!! :)

Oh, that snippet!!!! What's happening to Jay???

message 11: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Marchize (goodreadscomloretta_mz) | 59 comments R.A. wrote: "Loretta wrote: "Hello again! Believe it or not, I have been working on APH! Just... not as much as I hoped to. I was kinda doing some plotting and revising.
Total word count is now 30,933 (again, i..."

Hannah Schuck wrote: "Ugh... trying to make me wait? How horrifying! XD"

Yup Hannah, and sorry Rosalyn, you're just going to have to wait and find out! Poor Jay has quite a time these last few chapters!

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments *sighs* Oh great.... why your just-just an author.... *cough* *cough*

message 13: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Loretta wrote: "R.A. wrote: "Loretta wrote: "Hello again! Believe it or not, I have been working on APH! Just... not as much as I hoped to. I was kinda doing some plotting and revising.
Total word count is now 30,..."

Aww poor guy!! :-/

message 14: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Marchize (goodreadscomloretta_mz) | 59 comments Hannah Schuck wrote: "*sighs* Oh great.... why your just-just an author.... *cough* *cough*"

XD don't worry, you'll find out soon enough. I've almost finished!

message 15: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments Been avoiding this thread cause- spoilers, but way to go Loretta! Great work. And oh no! Poor Jay!

message 16: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Marchize (goodreadscomloretta_mz) | 59 comments Nicki wrote: "Been avoiding this thread cause- spoilers, but way to go Loretta! Great work. And oh no! Poor Jay!"
Thank you! (I've been trying to avoid them, but it's really hard)
I actually have an announcement coming up concerning this book... today!

message 17: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments Loretta wrote: "Nicki wrote: "Been avoiding this thread cause- spoilers, but way to go Loretta! Great work. And oh no! Poor Jay!"
I actually have a..."

:D (I know what you mean, spoilers like to creep up everywhere in books- even if they're the first ones in a series!)

Ooh, exciting! When will you be announcing it?

message 18: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Whoops!! *cough* anyways.... that's good to hear cause like I've been waiting.... *clears throat*

message 19: by Loretta (last edited Jun 04, 2018 01:44PM) (new)

Loretta Marchize (goodreadscomloretta_mz) | 59 comments Hannah Schuck wrote: "Whoops!! *cough* anyways.... that's good to hear cause like I've been waiting.... *clears throat*"

Nicki wrote: "Loretta wrote: "Nicki wrote: "Been avoiding this thread cause- spoilers, but way to go Loretta! Great work. And oh no! Poor Jay!"
I..."

I'll be posting it within the next 30 minutes. (: *I am so excited!!!!*

message 20: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Yeah, cheers!!! *dances around* This is so exciting!! I'll be waiting....
*eyes stare at screen* Watches. Waits.

message 21: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Marchize (goodreadscomloretta_mz) | 59 comments I've finished! (throws confetti)
I began this April 23rd, 2018 with 23,837 words, after getting the idea on chapter 2 of The Lost Princess.
Although I will always love The Lost Princess and The Princess Ambassador, and their characters, from the very beginning I couldn't wait for A Princess at Heart- the perfect ending. (and my favorite character- Cilla!)
And I've now finished at 30,755 words, and the perfect ending.
It will release August 9th (I chose that day because it's the last Fairy Tale Chronicles book, and that's a special day for me)
SO I'll need some alpha/beta readers!

message 22: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments *sighs sadly* I am very happy for you.... I-I-I would love to be an alpha or a beta reader for you.... but I haven't read your first to books....

message 23: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments Loretta wrote: "I've finished! (throws confetti)
I began this April 23rd, 2018 with 23,837 words, after getting the idea on chapter 2 of The Lost Princess.
Although I will always love The Lost Princess and The P..."

CONGRATS!!!! *flings confetti* That's awesome! And great word count. It's about the same length as Winter Cursed- maybe they're cousins ;D

message 24: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments XD

message 25: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Marchize (goodreadscomloretta_mz) | 59 comments Nicki wrote: "Loretta wrote: "I've finished! (throws confetti)
Although I will always love The Lost Pr..."

Hannah Schuck wrote: "*sighs sadly* I am very happy for you.... I-I-I would love to be an alpha or a beta reader for you.... but I haven't read your first to books...."

Thank you! Maybe they are cousins, Niki! Hannah, I'd be willing to send you PDF copies of both The Lost Princess and The Princess Ambassador in exchange for reviews on Goodreads.

message 26: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments YES! YES! YES!

I have never given reviews before, but if you would explain the requirements I would be oh so happy to!

message 27: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Marchize (goodreadscomloretta_mz) | 59 comments Hannah Schuck wrote: "YES! YES! YES!

I have never given reviews before, but if you would explain the requirements I would be oh so happy to!"

There aren't really many, just pm me your email and I'll send them over to you. You just mostly have to read them and review them like you would a regular book.

message 28: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Okay! Deal!

They you'd except me as an alpha/beta reader?

message 29: by R.A. (last edited Jun 04, 2018 03:03PM) (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Loretta wrote: "I've finished! (throws confetti)
Although I will always love The Lost Princess and The P..."

Yay!!!! Could I be an advanced reader instead? :)

message 30: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Marchize (goodreadscomloretta_mz) | 59 comments Hannah Schuck wrote: "Okay! Deal!

They you'd except me as an alpha/beta reader?"

Yup! I went ahead and sent you the A Princess at Heart copy too.

message 31: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Marchize (goodreadscomloretta_mz) | 59 comments R.A. wrote: "Loretta wrote: "I've finished! (throws confetti)
Although I will always love The Lost Pr..."

Probably, although I don't really know what an advanced reader is. You can PM me.

message 32: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Yeah!! So excited!!

message 33: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Loretta wrote: "R.A. wrote: "Loretta wrote: "I've finished! (throws confetti)
Although I will always lov..."

Okay!

message 34: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Marchize (goodreadscomloretta_mz) | 59 comments Okay so yeah I haven't updated in a while, but I'm still editing and that's boring. I will be doing a blog tour over the book release, but because I'm going to be gone my friend Gracelyn is going to host it. You can sign up for the tour here: https://goo.gl/forms/jTwz7ga1OCYeqgcp1
It will be August 3rd through August 9th.