The Secret Library discussion

Reading List > THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE by Audrey Niffenegger

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kris (last edited Aug 14, 2009 07:05AM) (new)

Kris Johnson (kjtoo) | 45 comments Mod
Jay "The Kingfish" Lynn, Minister of Crackpot Schemes and Unfortunate Synergies, has selected The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. We're very much aware that there's a motion picture adaptation on the way, so we're trying to get the book read and discussed on the show before the movie is released.

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

message 2: by Jay (new)

Jay | 2 comments I apologize in advance if anyone decides that this is, in fact, a chick book.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris Johnson (kjtoo) | 45 comments Mod
Jay wrote: "I apologize in advance if anyone decides that this is, in fact, a chick book."

I'm about 100 pages from the end (I have the 500+ page edition with the big "NOW A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE" seal on the cover) and it's very good. Is it a chick book? I'll let my wife answer that after she's read it.

message 4: by P.G. (new)

P.G. Holyfield (pgholyfield) | 2 comments While it does revolve around a romance, this is right at the top of my "favorite novel read in the last five years" list... best time travel novel I've ever read.

message 5: by Jay (new)

Jay | 2 comments Rachel McAdams let fly with several significant plot points on the Daily Show, now my wife is refusing to go see it. She figures that most of the plot is now spoiled. Curse you, McAdams!

message 6: by P.G. (new)

P.G. Holyfield (pgholyfield) | 2 comments It got so-so reviews. I'll probably go see it.

message 7: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (CassidyVictoria) | 2 comments I haven't read the book yet, mom reckons I'm too young. But the movie was very sad and touching. I can't wait to read it!