YA Book Addicts discussion

Book Talk (Standalones) > The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
So thoughts on this book? I've only seen the movie, which was great (but intense!)

message 2: by FangirlNina (new)

FangirlNina (spocktapus210) | 742 comments The book is even more intense! This is my all time favorite contemporary book. I find it so amazing and truthful. You should read it! It's only 213 pages!

message 3: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Jordyn | 2757 comments Mod
I really want to read it but the movie was super amazing. I feel like if fit in with Sam Charlie and Patrick!!!

message 4: by FangirlNina (new)

FangirlNina (spocktapus210) | 742 comments Same. I wish they were real so I could hug them and make them my best friends. My favorite is Patrick.

message 5: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Same!!! And yeah I love Patrick (:

message 6: by Miss (new)

Miss Literal (MissLiteral) | 8 comments I agree with FangirlNina. The book is amazing. I think it should be one of the required readings for high schoolers. :) I like Patrick too.

message 7: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (new)

electra | 623 comments Mod
I really liked the book for some reason and rated it pretty high, even though I agree with what the people who hated it said about it but I don't know... I have a weird relationship with it. I still want to see the movie, though! I love the casting they chose for it and it looks pretty good judging from the gifs I saw of it.

message 8: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Amee-I have like this connection to the movie! I've seen it so many times and relate to it in so many ways!! You need to see the movie and I need to read the book haha.

message 9: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (new)

electra | 623 comments Mod
Jordyn wrote: "Amee-I have like this connection to the movie! I've seen it so many times and relate to it in so many ways!! You need to see the movie and I need to read the book haha."

Yup!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I love this book so much. The movie is nothing compared to it. This book has changed me

message 11: by FangirlNina (new)

FangirlNina (spocktapus210) | 742 comments I think the movie is pretty good, but not as good as the book.

message 12: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

This movie(book. But I haven't read it yet) taught me that it's okay to be an outsider and that it's okay to be yourself. Even if yourself is crazy, not normal, or not always accepted. I relate to Charlie and Patrick so much!! Not so much Sam but I just love this movie <3

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

@ Jordyn do me a favor and read the book. I read it once a year when starting school

message 14: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

I plan to(:

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay!!:)

message 16: by Jordy (new)

Jordy | 49 comments I'm currently reading Perks of Being a Wallflower, and I have already seen the movie. I thought it was really good and had an amazing story. So I'm excited to finish :)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay the book is better