The Masks and More Book Club discussion

A Marvel Unlimited query

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ez (new)

Ez (thevapidwench) | 15 comments Yo folks,

I'm taking advantage of the a Marvel Unlimited SDCC promo, since Comixology and ill advised late night one-click purchases are bankcrupting me.

I'm currently chugging through the Bendis run on New Avengers. Any other recommendations?

message 2: by Aaron (new)

Aaron (trippdigital) | 8 comments Runaways!

message 3: by Alex (new)

Alex (o_t4ng) | 17 comments Yes. Runaways.

Don't know if it's part of the MU but the new run of Black Widow is really good (collection of #1-5 was released last week or the week before).

Also Captain Marvel by Kelly Sue Deconnick. Latest arc also features the GotG.

message 4: by Craig (new)

Craig | 43 comments Mod
If you're going to read Runaways, I suggest the Brian K. Vaughan and Joss Whedon runs. I also thought Joss's run on the Astonishing X-men was solid.

I haven't read it yet, but I hear Hawkeye by Matt Fraction is awesome.

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex (o_t4ng) | 17 comments I've been waiting for time/finances to open up before I jump onto Hawkeye.
I did got a free digital copy of issue 1 and liked it, so definitely want to continue it eventually.

message 6: by Ez (new)

Ez (thevapidwench) | 15 comments I'v read Hawkeye/Hawkguy - really looking forward to vol. 3 coming out soon! It lives up to all the praise it's getting. He is very well realised, and has real depth. Also, I'm getting the purple Hawkeye chucks, can't not. I'm so smitten by the dude.

Will check out the Black Widow run and put Captain Marvel on the list!

message 7: by Alex (new)

Alex (o_t4ng) | 17 comments Ms Marvel too. Representation yo!

message 8: by Alex (new)

Alex (o_t4ng) | 17 comments Good run down of top 15 female Marvel characters atm. Most of them have their own books running right now, or they're coming soon.
http://kellysue.tumblr.com/post/93213...

message 9: by Ez (last edited Jul 29, 2014 04:51PM) (new)

Ez (thevapidwench) | 15 comments Great stuff, ta Alex. I've got 29 days left... I bet I can read most* of them!

Complete tangent, but, Alex, I know you read Lumberjanes are you reading Noelle Stevenson's(aka Gingerhaze) web-comic, Nimona? It's so good.

*All. Bwhahahaha!

message 10: by Alex (new)

Alex (o_t4ng) | 17 comments I haven't read Nimona yet. It's so far along that trying to catch up is too daunting a task. I tried with Questionable Content.

Is there a good jumping on point, closer to the current episode?

message 11: by Ez (new)

Ez (thevapidwench) | 15 comments It's got a closed arc and its almost over, so pretty soon you can sit down and read through the whole thing.

There's some serious art evolution, it's a little rough around the edges to start, but the story is excellent and the characters (a super villain and his hench-person) are funny, touching, wonderful. Also, the comic has some of the nicest comments you'll read on the Internet.

message 12: by Aaron (new)

Aaron (trippdigital) | 8 comments I've been meaning to read Hawkeye, but after being underwhelmed by Sex Criminals, Matt Fraction got pushed back down the list a little.

message 13: by Craig (new)

Craig | 43 comments Mod
I've only read the first two issues of the new Ms. Marvel, but definitely worth checking out based on my early impression.

I'm also enjoying the current Captain Marvel run.