The Jolly Good Reading Society discussion

An Abundance of Katherines
This topic is about An Abundance of Katherines
Readalongs! > John Green Readalong: Katherines August!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Charlotte Jones (ramblingsofanelfpire) Who's taking part in the An Abundance of Katherines readalong in August? =)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm definitely taking part. While I didn't really care for Looking for Alaska, I know that I can't judge an author by only one of his works. The synopsis for An Abundance of Katherines has always appealed to me, so I'm interested in this one. To be safe, I loaned it out from the library, considering I'm in the middle of that I-dare-you-to-not-buy-anymore-books challenge so graciously started by my husband. :) I'm looking forward to this one. I will probably tackle it fairly soon in the month.

Charlotte Jones (ramblingsofanelfpire) Liz (Liz'sBookBuffet) wrote: "I'm definitely taking part. While I didn't really care for Looking for Alaska, I know that I can't judge an author by only one of his works. The synopsis for [book:An Abundance of Kath..."

For me it'll probably be more towards the end of the month if I get to it. I'm in the mood for adult fiction and classics at the moment after reading so much YA recently. I can still take part in the discussions though because I read it last year and still remember all that happened =)

message 4: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen | 468 comments Mod
I'm still on my honeymoon in Budapest but thought I'd pop by to say "hi" and update my reading progress.
I was planning to bring my kobo with me but changed my mind at the last minute and grabbed An Abundance of Katherines from my bookcase instead. I'm so glad that I did! I managed to read about half on the journey over here and I'm saving the rest for the trip back but so far I'm really enjoying it. I love the characters and their little idiosyncracies. I just hope the second half is as good! :)

Charlotte Jones (ramblingsofanelfpire) Jen wrote: "I'm still on my honeymoon in Budapest but thought I'd pop by to say "hi" and update my reading progress.
I was planning to bring my kobo with me but changed my mind at the last minute and grabbed ..."

Great! Hope you're enjoying the honeymoon!

message 6: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen | 468 comments Mod
Charlotte wrote: "Jen wrote: "I'm still on my honeymoon in Budapest but thought I'd pop by to say "hi" and update my reading progress.
I was planning to bring my kobo with me but changed my mind at the last minute ..."

Budapest was amazing. It's a beautiful city and the food is delicious.
I'm just travelling home atm and have finished reading "Katherines". I really liked this one a lot more than Alaska. The characters were more likeable and I found the whole story more humourous and cleverly written. (I even enjoyed the maths bit at the end).
I'd definitely recommend this book... I gave it four stars ☺