Joyce Carol Oates discussion

Bellefleur
This topic is about Bellefleur
Bellefleur or A Bloodsmoor Romance

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new) - added it

Christina (christinamacabre) | 8 comments Deciding whether to read Bellefleur or A Bloodsmoor Romance. I think I would like to read A Bloodsmoor Romance, but part of me feels I should start with the beginning of the gothic saga (despite he fact that I started with The Accursed).

message 2: by Jk (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jk | 3 comments I have recently read both books and started with Bellefleur. Even though they were both great and I rated them both 5 stars, Bellefleur has a special place in my heart! There is something about the flow and the lyricism of the writing that is just not matched in Bloodsmoor.

As far as the gothic saga goes the order is not important since each book is completely unconnected and stands alone. I think the gothic saga refers more to a mood and writing style than a series!

message 3: by Christina (new) - added it

Christina (christinamacabre) | 8 comments thank you so much!!

message 4: by Jude (new)

Jude Hall (judyboom) | 2 comments What did you end up choosing? How is it going so far? I started Bloodsmoor Romance for a second time after reading it a couple of years ago, and am loving it!

message 5: by Ryan (new) - added it

Ryan | 1 comments Little off topic but I'm reading Mysteries Of Winterthurn for the first time and I adore it. Her gothic saga contains some of her best work.