Horror Aficionados discussion

Legacies  (Repairman Jack, #2)
This topic is about Legacies
Buddy Reads > Legacies by F. Paul Wilson

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Feel free to join in. We'll be starting Monday 7-28.
Use spoilers when necessary~

So far it's:

Ctgt
Me

message 2: by Addy (new) - added it

Addy | 4989 comments I'm tempted to, but I'm in over my head right now. Looks good though.

Jon Recluse | 12043 comments Mod
I've read this one a few times, so I'll be around.

message 4: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Rutigliano | 136 comments Read this one a couple years ago. It's a good book, albeit a little different in content than the other Repairman Jack novels.

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Addy wrote: "I'm tempted to, but I'm in over my head right now. Looks good though."

Well, if you feel like you can, just jump in. I'm juggling quite a few myself :)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Jon Recluse wrote: "I've read this one a few times, so I'll be around."

A few times? Must be good ;)

Nikki wrote: "Jon Recluse wrote: "I've read this one a few times, so I'll be around."

A few times? Must be good ;)"

I'm a huge Repairman Jack fan. ;)

OddModicum Rachel (oddmodicumrachel) | 37 comments Jon Recluse wrote: "Nikki wrote: "Jon Recluse wrote: "I've read this one a few times, so I'll be around."

I'm a huge Repairman Jack fan. ;)"

Oh, me too! I'm due for a reread of whole series, in fact. I'm new here with a rather silly question... on these group reads/buddy reads and what not, I assume you have the whole month to read and participate in the discussion, unless otherwise stated? I see a start date but no end date here. wHERE does the discussion live? Right here in the thread? Thanks so much anyone who helps. ;)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Rachel wrote: "Jon Recluse wrote: "Nikki wrote: "Jon Recluse wrote: "I've read this one a few times, so I'll be around."

Oh, me too! I'm due for..."

Welcome, Rachel.
These don't last the whole month. You read at your own pace. You finish when you finish. I read pretty fast so I slow it down and make sure I hide spoilers if I'm farther ahead.
Yes, the discussion takes place here.

message 10: by Jon Recluse (last edited Jul 27, 2014 01:29PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rachel wrote: "Jon Recluse wrote: "Nikki wrote: "Jon Recluse wrote: "I've read this one a few times, so I'll be around."

Oh, me too! I'm due for..."

Welcome, Rachel!

Nikki beat me to the answer. ;)

OddModicum Rachel (oddmodicumrachel) | 37 comments Thanks, guys! Well, i'll likely miss this one, then, unless you guys are slowish readers, cause I couldn't start for a few days yet. But I'll check the thread to see where you all are when I'm ready to get into it, for sure. Killer book choice! Hope you guys love it!

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Rachel wrote: "Thanks, guys! Well, i'll likely miss this one, then, unless you guys are slowish readers, cause I couldn't start for a few days yet. But I'll check the thread to see where you all are when I'm read..."

Thanks, Rachel. Hope you're able to join~

message 13: by Ctgt (last edited Jul 29, 2014 02:01PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ctgt | 761 comments Sorry Nikki, getting a late start, just a few chapters in but I'm already liking the direction.

message 14: by Ctgt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ctgt | 761 comments From Friday Chapter 8

(view spoiler)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Chapter 4

"His list of things that scared him was a short one, but the HIV virus was at the top on the list"

I'm reading many, many books so, we're good :)

OddModicum Rachel (oddmodicumrachel) | 37 comments Nikki wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Thanks, guys! Well, i'll likely miss this one, then, unless you guys are slowish readers, cause I couldn't start for a few days yet. But I'll check the thread to see where you all ar..."

I just accepted some last minute review gigs, so I'm up against deadlines and definitely gonna miss this one... but I'm following the chatter and will pick up with ya'll on the next. And seriously... it is SUCH a great series... hope those of you who are enjoying it for the first time have a ball with it!

OddModicum Rachel (oddmodicumrachel) | 37 comments Nikki wrote: "Chapter 4

"His list of things that scared him was a short one, but the HIV virus was at the top on the list"

I'm reading many, many books so, we're good :)"

lol... thrilled to see I'm not the only one who has a truckload of titles all going at once!

OddModicum Rachel (oddmodicumrachel) | 37 comments Ctgt wrote: "From Friday Chapter 8

[spoilers removed]"

You might keep in mind that this is a 14 year old publication when thinking of your spoiler content.... public sentiment and understanding of subject matter has changed a TON since 2000. I studied it in college in 1994, and its literally laughable how wrong we were about so many things at that point, and the fear mongering was outrageous. So I'm thinking that may well play a part in his attitudes.

message 19: by Ctgt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ctgt | 761 comments OddModicum Rachel wrote: "Ctgt wrote: "From Friday Chapter 8

[spoilers removed]"

You might keep in mind that this is a 14 year old publication when thinking of your spoiler content.... public sentiment and understanding o..."

You're right about the age of the book but I was thinking about Jack specifically, I just think of him as a guy who makes it his business to know the ins and outs of most things.(I could be projecting) Maybe Wilson is using this to push for a better understanding of the disease. (view spoiler)

message 20: by OddModicum Rachel (last edited Jul 30, 2014 10:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

OddModicum Rachel (oddmodicumrachel) | 37 comments Ctgt wrote: "OddModicum Rachel wrote: "Ctgt wrote: "From Friday Chapter 8

[spoilers removed]"

You might keep in mind that this is a 14 year old publication when thinking of your spoiler content.... public sen..."

That's a heck of a point you made... and you were dead on when you described Jack (forgive me... don't wanna track down the post so I'm working from memory) as something of a defender of the underdog. That's sorta his defining characteristic and raison d'etre as a 'repairman'.

message 21: by Ctgt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ctgt | 761 comments Still trying to figure out what is going on with Alicia. It seems apparent that (view spoiler)

message 22: by Ctgt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ctgt | 761 comments So I've finished up and it's a 3.5 star read for me. Couple of things. I liked the way Wilson handled Yoshio
(view spoiler)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Girl, you got me beat! I'm only on page 86. I had to work for the last 5 days and haven't been able to buckle down.

I'll comment on your spoilers at a later date.

Glad it was a good read for you~