Young Adult Contemporary Romance discussion

❤ ARCHIVES > #30 We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments This thread is to discuss We Were Liars.

message 2: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia (cinthiah) It was very good. It took me a while to get used to the writing, but it got much better by the second half.

message 3: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap!!!!! I don't want to finish this......I don't think I want to know how it end!!!!!!

message 4: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Argh! I can't wait to start!!!!!

message 5: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Okay so I picked my kindle back up and finished it. Erika this is right up your alley......

message 6: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Vega_girl wrote: "Okay so I picked my kindle back up and finished it. Erika this is right up your alley......"

Yay! Can't wait. I'm finishing up Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill then I'm on it :)

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily | 417 comments Yeah this one stayed with me for days I was reeling from the ending. The writing style is hard to get into at first, but don't give up because it is worth it.

message 8: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments So far I'm loving it!!!

message 9: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Oh, I love it when I know what's coming and other people don't!!! Haha, the anticipation is killing me to know your reaction!!!

message 10: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments I finished!!!!'!!!!!!!!!!!! I have no words, none. Where do I even start. Totally not what I was expecting.....

message 11: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments I know !!!!!!!! I don't know how I feel about it all coming to that....but it was epic....a really great read!!!

message 12: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Yes, the end completely took me by surprise. I had to go back and read certain parts of the book.

message 13: by Iman (new)

Iman (iman-t) Oh boy, I'm excited to be back reading with you guys. I've read this book months ago and I had a love/hate feeling towards it. It wasn't an easy read but it was so worth it. Even months later it is stuck in my head and I revisit a lot of the events in my head .... very emotional and very unpredictable.
This will always be a good book to recommend.

message 14: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Iman wrote: "Oh boy, I'm excited to be back reading with you guys. I've read this book months ago and I had a love/hate feeling towards it. It wasn't an easy read but it was so worth it. Even months later it is..."

What did you love/hate?

message 15: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments It's great to have you back Iman!!!

message 16: by Kat (last edited Aug 05, 2014 06:36AM) (new)

Kat L (k4atk4) | 231 comments I just finished this book. Are you kidding me? Who lets me read things like that. I am not going to sleep for months now. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. They are all dead??????????? Whatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhat I dont know if I should cry or throw stuff in the wall because of all the anger. ............

message 17: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments K4tk4 wrote: "I just finished this book. Are you kidding me? Who lets me read things like hat. I am not going to sleep for months now. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. They are all dead??????????? Whatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhat I d..."

Haha, that is exactly how I felt!!! When she first flashed back to the hospital scene I put my kindle down, hyperventilated, paced for awhile, commented on good reads........then came back to have my heart ripped out!!!!

message 18: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments I laugh because it's good to know I am not the only crazy out there...... :)

message 19: by Iman (new)

Iman (iman-t) The whole plot twist took me by surprise. I know a lot of ppl said they saw it coming but I didn't. I just thought the girl was a little weird, not guessing what was wrong with her.

I love when a book surprises me. I always guess the ending before I'm halfway through.

I kind of hated the writing style. It bugged me at some points.

Nevertheless, good read!

message 20: by Kat (new)

Kat L (k4atk4) | 231 comments Yeah. I thought she was raped by Gat or something. I dId not expect THAT!!!

message 21: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments I was totally taken by surprise. I was not expecting that at al! I didn't think Gat did something to her but also couldn't think of what actually happened.

message 22: by Chris (new)

Chris | 7142 comments Mod
I'm so intrigued with the comments about this book. I know I'm late, but I'm going to read this book after I finish the one I'm currently reading.

message 23: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Chris wrote: "I'm so intrigued with the comments about this book. I know I'm late, but I'm going to read this book after I finish the one I'm currently reading."

Ahhh, you should not read these comments Before you read the book!! There are way to many spoilers......but you will love this book or be terribly angry with it either way it's great!!

message 24: by Kat (new)

Kat L (k4atk4) | 231 comments Chris wrote: "I'm so intrigued with the comments about this book. I know I'm late, but I'm going to read this book after I finish the one I'm currently reading."

Make sure you come bak here when you finish ... I reallyreallyreally want to see your reaction! Make sure you DONT READ ANY SPOILERS BEFORE YOU READ IT. It will ruin everything:) Happy reading!

message 25: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Chris wrote: "I'm so intrigued with the comments about this book. I know I'm late, but I'm going to read this book after I finish the one I'm currently reading."

Can't wait to see what you think.