Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives 2014 > August BOM Nominations

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (last edited Jul 28, 2014 03:15PM) (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Sorry this is so late guys!

Please nominate your choice for the August BOM (Book of the Month) nominations.

Topic:
I always associate August with heat. This month please nominate a book about creatures of the night or darkness or whatever makes you think of something hot.

The Guidelines
1. Each member can nominate one book.
2. Please restrict your nomination to UF or PNR genre
3. If you nominate a book that is not the first in a series please ensure it can stand on its own
4. Please give both the title and author when suggesting or use the link so I can make sure the correct book is chosen.
5. If you are an author you cannot nominate your own book.
6. Please check the BOM History to make sure you don't pick a book that has already been featured

Thanks!

Nominations
Covet (Vampire Erotic Theatre Romance, #1) by Felicity Heaton A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill A Demon and His Witch (Welcome to Hell, #1) by Eve Langlais Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian Fireborn (Souls of Fire, #1) by Keri Arthur Skies of Fire (The Ether Chronicles, #1) by Zoe Archer Free Agent (Grimm Agency, #1) by J.C. Nelson Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily Rose (emrose6207) | 10 comments Since the latest Immortals After Dark (Kresley Cole) book comes out on 8/5, I'd like to suggest the first book of the series, A Hunger Like No Other. There is a prequel novella before this, but you don't have to have read it to appreciate A.H.L.N.O. Actually, all of the books in the series can be read as stand-alone books, but since each books happens near, or at, the same time as the others, they are better read as a series.

A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole

A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole

message 4: by Angie (new)

Angie | 419 comments Blood Games (Chicagoland Vampires, #10) by Chloe Neill by Chloe Neill is coming out 8-5, and I'm going to be all over it! Love for everyone else to jump in to, but if it's better to go with the first in the series, Some Girls Bites has been on sale for $1.99 on most digital formats. Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill

message 5: by Angel (new)

Angel Hatfield (angelramona) | 2 comments I also nominate Some Girls Bite

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily Rose (emrose6207) | 10 comments Chicagoland Vampires series has been on my TBR list forever and I never can get to it. My list is never ending! lol. If Some Girls Bite gets picked I might be able to finally start the series.

message 7: by Leigh (new)

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 2 comments I'd have to nominate the first book in the Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian- Kiss of Midnight. Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian Kiss of Midnight

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily Rose (emrose6207) | 10 comments Midnight Breed is a good series, too. It also has a new release on 8/5. I think I already saw Kiss of Midnight as a BOTM in the archives for BOTMs though.

message 11: by Anjali (new)

Anjali I also nominate Covet by Felicity Heaton.

message 12: by Lisarenee (last edited Jul 27, 2014 03:54PM) (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments I nominate:
Fireborn (Souls of Fire, #1) by Keri Arthur
Fireborn (Souls of Fire #1) by Keri Arthur

message 14: by Karena (new)

Karena (karenafagan) I also vote for Chloe Neill. :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Scared to Death by CS Latu

message 16: by Lisarenee (last edited Jul 28, 2014 04:57AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments Nominations so far:
Covet (Vampire Erotic Theatre Romance, #1) by Felicity Heaton A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill A Demon and His Witch (Welcome to Hell, #1) by Eve Langlais Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Fireborn (Souls of Fire, #1) by Keri Arthur Skies of Fire (The Ether Chronicles, #1) by Zoe Archer Scared To Death by C.S. Latu

I'll leave it to Dawn to decide if any don't meet her specifiations. I'm not sure about a couple. Can we nominate steampunk, Dawn? If so, I may change my nomination.

The two I question are:
Skies of Fire (The Ether Chronicles, #1) by Zoe Archer Scared To Death by C.S. Latu
Steampunk and Contemporary New Adult Romance

message 17: by Becky (last edited Jul 28, 2014 06:53AM) (new)

Becky | 6 comments A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole

message 18: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) I nominate Free Agent (Grimm Agency, #1) by J.C. Nelson . Release date is tomorrow.

message 19: by Lara (new)

Lara | 742 comments If Skies of Fire (The Ether Chronicles, #1) by Zoe Archer is disallowed, then I'll replace it with a nomination for Seduce Me in Dreams Seduce Me in Dreams (A Three Worlds Novel, #1) by Jacquelyn Frank by Jacquelyn Frank

message 20: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments Veronica wrote: "I nominate Free Agent (Grimm Agency, #1) by J.C. Nelson. Release date is tomorrow."

That looks like the author's first book?

message 21: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) Lisarenee wrote: "Veronica wrote: "I nominate Free Agent (Grimm Agency, #1) by J.C. Nelson. Release date is tomorrow."

That looks like the author's first book?"

It looks that way. Is that not allowed? It is a leap of faith, I suppose. lol

message 22: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) Actually, I retract my nomination. I just saw the "hot" theme and I don't think this book fits with that. I'll see if I can come up with something else...

message 23: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments Veronica wrote: "Lisarenee wrote: "Veronica wrote: "I nominate Free Agent (Grimm Agency, #1) by J.C. Nelson. Release date is tomorrow."

That looks like the author's first book?"

It looks that way. Is that not allowed? It ..."

It's allowed, I just hadn't seen her name before.

message 24: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments Veronica wrote: "Actually, I retract my nomination. I just saw the "hot" theme and I don't think this book fits with that. I'll see if I can come up with something else..."

We might be able to persuade Dawn. It says there are dragons which make me think of the fire breathing variety which makes me think hot. lol

message 25: by Emily (new)

Emily Rose (emrose6207) | 10 comments Veronica wrote: "Actually, I retract my nomination. I just saw the "hot" theme and I don't think this book fits with that. I'll see if I can come up with something else..."

I wouldn't think you'd need to retract it. The specifications were "nominate a book about creatures of the night or darkness or whatever makes you think of something hot" and this looks like it fits most of those ideas. It is creatures of the night/darkness, so if it makes you hot (lol), it should work.

message 26: by Ladondra (new)

Ladondra | 7 comments Since the Book of Life by Deb Harkness came out last month, I wanted to suggest it. However, I did not see Shadow of Night, the second in the trilogy on our past books list. I suggest, Shadow of Night or The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness, depending on the previous BOM status :)

message 27: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Julia wrote: "Scared to Death by CS Latu"

This does not appear to be PNF or UF...can you confirm if it is.

Thanks!

message 28: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Lisarenee wrote: "... Can we nominate steampunk, Dawn? If so, I may change my nomination..."

Sure, most steampunk that I have read has paranormal elements and in this group we tend to lean towards the ones with a bit of romance.

Let me know if you want me to change it.

Thanks for listing the nominations!! To bad I don't read through the post first :-(

message 29: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Lara wrote: "If Skies of Fire (The Ether Chronicles, #1) by Zoe Archer is disallowed, then I'll replace it with a nomination for Seduce Me in Dreams Seduce Me in Dreams (A Three Worlds Novel, #1) by Jacquelyn Frank by [author:Jacquelyn Frank..."

You are good thanks for the alternative though :-)

message 30: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Veronica wrote: "I nominate Free Agent (Grimm Agency, #1) by J.C. Nelson. Release date is tomorrow."

Oh Yay! A new author!! This looks interesting I think it could go either way.

message 31: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Emily wrote: "Midnight Breed is a good series, too. It also has a new release on 8/5. I think I already saw Kiss of Midnight as a BOTM in the archives for BOTMs though."

Good eye!!
We restarted the BOM this year because we have a lot of new members.

message 32: by Emily (new)

Emily Rose (emrose6207) | 10 comments Dawn wrote: "Emily wrote: "Midnight Breed is a good series, too. It also has a new release on 8/5. I think I already saw Kiss of Midnight as a BOTM in the archives for BOTMs though."

Good eye!!
We restarted th..."

Awesome! I really like that series; it was a good pick. I'm new to this too, so the restart on BOM is good news as well.

message 33: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4483 comments Dawn wrote: "Veronica wrote: "I nominate Free Agent (Grimm Agency, #1) by J.C. Nelson. Release date is tomorrow."

Oh Yay! A new author!! This looks interesting I think it could go either way."

I preordered that one cause it looked interesting :)

message 34: by Emily (new)

Emily Rose (emrose6207) | 10 comments Amy wrote: "I nominate Burn For Me (Phoenix Fire, #1) by Cynthia Eden

Phoenix and vampires and dragons?? Sounds interesting :)"

That one is pretty good, and book two is even better. The third book of the series comes out 8/26

message 35: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Nominations are over please vote

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

Voting ends on August 1st