The Challenge Factory discussion

Jewels of the Sun (Gallaghers of Ardmore, #1)
This topic is about Jewels of the Sun
2014 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Angie, Drew & Ezinwanyi - Jewels of the Sun

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 4 stars

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5347 comments Mod
Drew & Ezinwanyi - Jewels of the Sun

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Hello again! Same questions from the Scribe thread. When do you want to start? By chapters or number pages?

message 3: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16144 comments Mod
Hey Angie,
I would like to read the Scribe before this one. I would like to start the Scribe next week.

I vote for Chapters, but will go with whatever you and Drew decide

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments I've got no problem with reading the other book first. Picking up this book from library today.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Jewels has 20 chapters

message 6: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ wrote: "Jewels has 20 chapters"

I'm doing this on audio

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments That's okay with me.

message 8: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angie, my son will be going back to school tomorrow and so I'll be able to read more.

I can start this one in the morning and read the Scribe at the same time. Is that okay?

message 9: by Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (last edited Aug 05, 2014 05:16PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments That's fine with. I just started reading this one today. Glad that your son is feeling better too.

message 10: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ wrote: "That's fine with. I just started reading this one today. Glad that your son is feeling better too."

Really? How far are you?
Thanks. strep throat sucks. I've had it and it's Iike a sore throat times 10x plus a fever

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments I've only read first 5 chapters. I'm further ahead in Scribe.

message 12: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

I'm just on chapter 2. It's not as gripping as the Scribe. Just a lot of Imagery and inner dialogue about her Irish background and restless in her life right now.

I hope it picks up really soon.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments It does pick up after chapter 2 as she explores herself and her Irish background more. Aidan is completely yummy!

message 14: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ok. We'll see. Don't forget to leave me crumbs to follow along behind you :D

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments (view spoiler)

message 16: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

I can't tell what their connection is but I like Aiden just like you do.

I hope Jude writing her book will allow her to let go some of her control and just feel/experience life

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Those are my thoughts about Jude as well.

message 18: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ wrote: "Those are my thoughts about Jude as well."

Ok. So Jude had a girls party (view spoiler)

message 19: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

I am on Chapter 13:
Just for the record, £2,000 is $3355.03, if the conversion were made today.

(view spoiler)

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments I love that Jude is breaking out of her shell with Aidan. I just read a beautiful scene where Jude discovers she wants more out of life than ever before because of Aidan and having female friends.

message 21: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ wrote: "I love that Jude is breaking out of her shell with Aidan. I just read a beautiful scene where Jude discovers she wants more out of life than ever before because of Aidan and having female friends."

Yes. I love the effect of The girls. Aidan is a good man

message 22: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ wrote: "I love that Jude is breaking out of her shell with Aidan. I just read a beautiful scene where Jude discovers she wants more out of life than ever before because of Aidan and having female friends."

Yes. I love the effect of The girls. Aidan is a good man

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Just finished and loved it. I have the rest of the series from the library. I'm going to finish before the end of the month.