Austen August: A Pride and Prejudice Read-A-Long discussion

Longbourn
This topic is about Longbourn
Discussions > Austen-related books: Longborn

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Andie (thebookheap) | 208 comments I will also be reading "Longborn" in the month of August. If anyone wishes to join me in reading this as well, all discussions/comments about this book can go here :)

Andie (thebookheap) | 208 comments I'm really enjoying this so far. One of the more interesting points raised is that it is possible that Bingley's family "Trade" is sugar, since he hails from the north of England, which could mean that his family wealth came from, or still came from the Slave Trade.

Other than that I'm enjoying Sarah and the other servants of Longbourn and I'm intrigued to see where this perspective goes

Noreen | 16 comments Hi Andie. After your mention of the book Longbourne, reading the reviews and reading a sample online, I decided it would be interesting to read both P&P and Longbourne. I better get cracking. So far, I recommend this book. So nice to see another characters point of view!

Andie (thebookheap) | 208 comments that's exactly what I'm doing :) I'm ahead in Longbourn (vol 2 chap 4) but it is so good so far!!