All About YA discussion

Book of the Month > Suggest a Theme

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
About every other month, we'll be doing a theme read. Feel free to leave your suggestions here, and they'll be included in the poll for the Themed Book of the Month for September.

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 1232 comments Mod
Dystopia!

message 3: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) I'd like to suggest horror for October, but I think I'll forget :-P

message 4: by Adele (new)

Adele Horror for October is amazing.

message 5: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) For September:
LGBT (ya of course!)
Poetry/short stories
Underrated books
Movie adaptations
Multiple POV
Diaries (books told in diary form)
Humor
Retellings

That's just what's on top of my mind lol

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela Dossett (whisperingwillo) | 94 comments Colors
ABC's either titles or authors
New indie authors
Specific genres

Wow, great choices guys!

message 8: by Erin Lynn (new)

Just so everyone knows, I'm planning on the first themed BOTM to be for October because the poll for September is already up and running.

With BOTM and the Series Reads, I was thinking three books might be too many for one month. After that, we'll alternate between a themed read and just a regular BOTM.

Sounds good Erin!

message 10: by Erin Lynn (new)

Thanks, Robin. I'll make the poll in the beginning of September.

message 11: by Guy Vestal (new)

Guy Vestal  - Counter Culture Critic (DaddyRose) For December is it? Definitely a new indie author that would be tickled pink , and forever grateful over all of our reviews.

message 12: by Anesa (new)

Anesa | 17 comments Romance!! Or Dystopian!

message 13: by Erin Lynn (new)

Anesa wrote: "Romance!! Or Dystopian!"

Those are both themes on the current poll. If you haven't voted, check it out. It'll help us pick our next BOTM. :)

message 14: by Anesa (new)

Anesa | 17 comments Thx I voted!!

message 15: by Erin Lynn (new)

Anesa wrote: "Thx I voted!!"

Thank you! :)

message 16: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 388 comments Mod
I just voted in the poll

message 17: by Erin Lynn (new)

Janessa wrote: "I just voted in the poll"

Thank you, Janessa! :)

message 18: by Anesa (new)

Anesa | 17 comments I voted too!

message 19: by Erin Lynn (new)

Anesa wrote: "I voted too!"

Thank you! :D

message 20: by Rosie (new)

Rosie Willis (lilabookslover) | 2 comments sweet contemporary

message 21: by Erin Lynn (new)

Alright, everyone... The next theme read for our BOTM will be in December. If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave them here.

message 22: by Erin Lynn (new)

TheSandPrincess wrote: "Since I can't read the January BOTM, I was wondering: will there be one for February? I saw there is a series read planned for The Selection, but I thought maybe there would be a standalone book as..."

There will also be a BOTM for February. We have a BOTM each month, and the series reads are just another thing that we do.

message 23: by Erin Lynn (new)

Hey, I was thinking about a themed read for April or possibly reading two books from the same theme that month. If you have any ideas, leave them here.

message 24: by Cas ❦ (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments I reckon a certain genre, eg YA Paranormal Romance... or something similar.

message 25: by Erin Lynn (new)

I was kind of thinking like books with pranks or something for April Fool's Day, but I want to go with a theme, not a genre. I think that would be cool. I should have gone with Irish for March and love for this month, but I forgot.

message 26: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn Historical Fiction :) Maybe something related to slavery because it is Black History Month.

message 27: by Cas ❦ (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Erin wrote: "I was kind of thinking like books with pranks or something for April Fool's Day, but I want to go with a theme, not a genre. I think that would be cool. I should have gone with Irish for March and ..."

:)

message 28: by Emily (new)

Emily The choice- Nicholas sparks for February as it's gonna be a film later in the year and it's a romance for valentines day:)

message 29: by Erin Lynn (new)

Emily wrote: "The choice- Nicholas sparks for February as it's gonna be a film later in the year and it's a romance for valentines day:)"

Hi, Emily. Although I love Nicholas Sparks, this is a YA group, and we don't add adult fiction titles to the polls.

message 30: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Culican | 5 comments I love fantasy books.....dragons, werewolves, wizards....anything magical!

message 31: by Erin Lynn (new)

Just a quick question...

With the upcoming election, would anyone be interested in reading any YA books with politics in them? I can name a few, but you're more than welcome to suggest others that might make an upcoming poll.

(Please remember that we can read about politics in YA and middle grade books, but discussing them in our group, other than fictional ones will not be tolerated. We don't want to see any fights about who you think is best qualified to be President, and we definitley don't want to see anyone pushing political views on others.)

message 32: by Spottyblanket (new)

Spottyblanket | 5 comments I'd like to read YA poltical books. How about time periods as well? You could do loads with the 20th century.