Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive (BOTM) > August 2014 group read nominations

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4467 comments Mod
Hi all,

Sorry this is a bit late going up but do you have a nomination of what we should read as our group read for August?

I'll pop up a poll in a few days :-)

message 2: by Stacey (new)

Stacey O'Neale (staceyoneale) Selfishly, I would love to nominate my YA PNR prequel novella, THE SHADOW PRINCE. It's a free download on Goodreads, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble. Currently, it's a Readers' Choice finalist (winners announced in September) in the short story category.

The Shadow Prince Every sacrifice has consequences.

Sixteen-year-old Rowan has spent most of his life living among the mortals—learning to control the element of fire, impatiently awaiting the day his vengeful mother, Queen Prisma, will abdicate her throne. When he finally returns to Avalon for his coronation, his mother insists he must first prove his loyalty to the court by completing a secret mission:

Kill Kalin, the half-human, half-elemental daughter of the air court king.

Willing to do anything to remove his mother from power, he agrees to sacrifice the halfling. He returns to the mortal world with his best friend, Marcus, determined to kill the princess. But as he devises a plan, he starts to question whether or not he's capable of completing such a heinous task. And what price he will pay if he refuses?

message 3: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments I'd like to nominate Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs

I'll stick to one nomination for now, and post another if we get closer to the end with only a handful of books.

message 4: by Jami (last edited Jul 27, 2014 09:47AM) (new)

Jami Brumfield | 8 comments I would like to nominate The Healer The Healer by C.J. Anaya by C.J. Anaya and also my own book The Witch's Vampire (Mystery Springs Series) by Jami Brumfield The Witch's Vampire by Jami Brumfield both books are super fun reads.

message 6: by Elise (last edited Jul 27, 2014 10:52AM) (new)

Elise Walters (goodreadscomelise_walters) | 1 comments I'd like to nominate my own book Tentyrian Legacy Tentyrian Legacy by Elise Walters by Elise Walters and The Winter Witch by Paula Brackston

message 7: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla (ppomeroy72) | 364 comments Mercy (Lost City Shifters #1)
by Eleri Stone
Mercy (Lost City Shifters, #1) by Eleri Stone

message 8: by Beenee (new)

Beenee Reads (beaniehos) | 39 comments ' Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark, #14) by Kresley Cole Dark Skye' by Kresley Cole. Comes out August 5.

message 9: by Robin (last edited Jul 27, 2014 12:57PM) (new)

Robin Toy | 3 comments Damon (The Protectors, #1) by Teresa Gabelman I nominate Damon awesome start of a series

message 10: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Anaya (cjanaya) | 3 comments I vote for Lone Wolf Rising Lone Wolf Rising (The Winters Family Saga, #1) by Jami Brumfield

message 11: by Lady S (new)

Lady S I nominate Fireborn Fireborn (Souls of Fire, #1) by Keri Arthur by Keri Arthur

message 12: by Wren (new)

message 13: by Mitsy (last edited Jul 27, 2014 08:29PM) (new)

Mitsy (mitsyc) | 13 comments Hi! I'd like to nominate The Light Who Shines by Lilo Abernathy.

The Light Who Shines (Bluebell Kildare, #1) by Lilo Abernathy

message 15: by Erica (new)

Erica (MamaRox) | 5 comments Lady S wrote: "I nominate FirebornFireborn (Souls of Fire, #1) by Keri Arthur by Keri Arthur"

I second this nomination :)

message 17: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.