YA romance discussion

Fangirl
This topic is about Fangirl
Book Discussions > Fangirl

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa (lesashoe) | 263 comments Mod
Has anyone read this? I think this book is one of the most hyped I have seen so I am keen to read it.

Priscilla Casalino (priscycas) I've read it and I'd highly recommend it. RR is a very talented writer, a book to cherish :-)

krisusnoona | 13 comments i've read it ,i love it , rainbow is such a sweet and great author ;))))

message 4: by Lisa (new) - added it

Taylor wrote: "I think that I am the only person in the world who did not really enjoy this book."

What didn't you like about it?

message 5: by Lisa (new) - added it

I really do enjoy the cover though and the difference of colour, I think it kind of captures the essence of the book...even though I haven't read it ahahha

message 6: by Lisa (new) - added it

Do you prefer to read a book with hype coming with it like Fangirl or a book slightly underrated?

Marisa (daemonsskitten) | 23 comments Finished this, and it didn't disappoint. At first I was a bit nervous. By the end I didn't want this world to end. Made me understand fanficition a lot. See why people love it so much now :) It was cute. Had high expectations after Eleanor and Park, but this author is easily becoming a favorite.

Priscilla Casalino (priscycas) Lisa, if I had to choose it would be the one with hype coming with it and the other one for later ;-)
About Fangirl, it all began with Eleanor & Park and since then Rainbow Rowell is one of my favorites authors.

message 9: by Linley (new) - added it

Linley I just finished last night, and wow. I just agh. I feel like I am Cath, in away, and all I want to do is hide away and read (which is what I usually do anyway) but I think Cath is in me, as she is in a lot of teenage girls, she is so relatable as is her sister. The book is so well written (unlike this comment). I just love the book, its so good, its so me, i love it so much. I'm about to start Eleanor and Part and I'm very very very excited. agh, just wow.

message 10: by Lisa (new) - added it

I used to read quite a lot of fan fiction and when I heard Fangirl was coming out I was quite sceptical due to whether Rainbow Rowell would capture my love adequately. Now I read little to none so I feel I would be less critical. If that makes sense.

I am happy that you Linley and Marisa both liked/loved it. I will DEFINITELY read it (I say this in most book discussions) but I will.

I agree with you Priscilla I do like reading books with hype to see exactly what it is all about, but I do feel more critical with those books.

Marisa (daemonsskitten) | 23 comments Can't wait to see what you think Lisa. Would love to hear your thoughts since you have read fanfiction. Don't think I have read enough to even understand it lol.

message 12: by Lisa (new) - added it

Hahaha me too, I used to be obsessed!!!

krisusnoona | 13 comments read it too lisa =))