Aussie Readers discussion

The Shadow Miner
This topic is about The Shadow Miner
Our Authors Spotlight > Katie Beitz - Australian Fantasy

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie Beitz (KatieBeitz) | 30 comments Hi, just wanted to start a thread to introduce myself and share my novel.

I recently released my first novel - an Australian Middle Grade Fantasy. I wanted to write about what I know and felt that lots of fantasy novels seem to be set in a very European setting. I was interested to see if this could translate to Australia. So, my novel is set in the fictional land of Gilth - which is inspired by the landscapes of Australia. Would love to get my work out there for lots of people to read.

At the moment, I just have it published as and ebook Amazon, but am hoping to have a paperback version out soon.

Thanks for the opportunity to share.

Katie Beitz

message 2: by Leonie (last edited Jul 27, 2014 04:57AM) (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 3116 comments Congratulations Katie!

message 3: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie Beitz (KatieBeitz) | 30 comments If anyone is interested in having a free look at the first few chapters the link is:

http://amzn.com/B00K6OPFUU

Probably should have put that up. :)

message 4: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 68750 comments Mod
Congratulations Katie! It sounds really good:)

message 5: by Rita (new)

Rita Chapman | 140 comments Hope it does well for you Katie.

Veronica ⭐️ | 2242 comments The Shadow Miner is a great read. I really loved the Australian flavour. Here's my review.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 7: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Great review Veronica:)

message 8: by Phrynne, Series Queen! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Phrynne | 11113 comments Mod
Yes - lovely review Veronica. And so another book appears on my Kindle. Now how did that happen? :)

message 9: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

lol!!!

Veronica ⭐️ | 2242 comments Thank you Phrynne and Brenda. It's a quick read and I'm eagerly awaiting the next instalment Katie Beitz

message 11: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie Beitz (KatieBeitz) | 30 comments Thanks for the encouraging words - I have finished the plan for the next novel and have written the first five chapters. Unfortunately, I get very busy so it is a little difficult to get it done quickly. :) That and I'm having a few difficulties with one of the characters. He just won't seem to behave!!

message 12: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Haha! That's funny;)

message 13: by Phrynne, Series Queen! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Phrynne | 11113 comments Mod
Katie wrote: "Thanks for the encouraging words - I have finished the plan for the next novel and have written the first five chapters. Unfortunately, I get very busy so it is a little difficult to get it done q..."

We often like men (in our books) who won't behave:)

message 14: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie Beitz (KatieBeitz) | 30 comments He is an interesting character. I won't spoil too much for you - but as a character he has been a bit problematic since the very beginning - originally I had planned to kill him off, but I just liked him too much, to do it. Now, I am rather pleased that I didn't. :)

Veronica ⭐️ | 2242 comments Oooh you have me intrigued now.

message 16: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 3116 comments Katie wrote: "He is an interesting character. I won't spoil too much for you - but as a character he has been a bit problematic since the very beginning - originally I had planned to kill him off, but I just li..."

It's funny how that happens, isn't it? Sometimes they're just too good to kill off, or too annoying to keep :)

message 17: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie Beitz (KatieBeitz) | 30 comments In this case, perhaps a little of both.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Shadow Miner (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Katie Beitz (other topics)