UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Signed kindle books

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jo (new)

Jo | 6 comments I am so excited because I recently found out you can get your Kindle books signed by the author. I was told about this when when to the Harrogate crime book festival to see Elizabeth Haynes who was part of a talk on New wave forensics. I have had two done this week and am really impressed.

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 2998 comments Spill the beans, woman!

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (Spiderg1rl) (spiderg1rl) | 735 comments Michael wrote: "Spill the beans, woman!"

This :-)

message 5: by Jo (new)

Jo | 6 comments Yes authorgraph , sorry new to posting I thought I had added the info :-)

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 2998 comments Nah, don't believe you Jo. If your profile pic is anything to go by you're just a big tease.

message 7: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25063 comments I've got Jonathan's authograph. It's less legible than his real one. Which is quite an achievement.
*ducks and runs*

message 8: by Jo (last edited Jul 27, 2014 03:33AM) (new)

Jo | 6 comments Michael glad you like my legs- Definitely not teasing on this occasion :-) If I was going to tease I would do it with more style (wink) why don't you give it a go it is really satisfying when you get your first one! Don't forget to put something in the message because this will mean you will get a more personal reply, enjoy:-)

message 9: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Hill | 1603 comments People do say I should have been a doctor.
(I have the ability to throw long and low.)

message 10: by Jo (new)

Jo | 6 comments Kath wrote: "I've got Jonathan's authograph. It's less legible than his real one. Which is quite an achievement.
*ducks and runs*"

I got a paperback signed and a kindle book signed by Elizabeth Haynes and the kindle one compares well to the paperback one x

message 11: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21944 comments I normally just scrawl on the screen with lipstick

message 12: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments I like to think my signature ripples through every sentence I've coined ;~)

message 13: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25063 comments Jim wrote: "I normally just scrawl on the screen with lipstick"

You farmers. You're all the same....

message 14: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25063 comments David wrote: "I like to think my signature ripples through every sentence I've coined ;~)"

If only the coins rippled as richly!

message 15: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments T'would be nice.

message 16: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21944 comments Kath wrote: "Jim wrote: "I normally just scrawl on the screen with lipstick"

You farmers. You're all the same...."

You mean that we have kindles held together with baler twine and the screen has bits blanked off with tape to cover the cracks :-)

message 17: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25063 comments Yep! And bits drop off your kindle and into your turnups!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Turnups or turnips?

message 19: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21944 comments Kath's used to men wearing turnups so big they can store turnips in them!

message 20: by Kath (last edited Jul 27, 2014 08:55AM) (new)

Kath Middleton | 25063 comments I am an' all. Our friendly farmer and his family came to tea last night. On his farm he often wears wellies with turnups too - except they're turndowns!

message 21: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21944 comments I knew a chap who'd been a POW in Germany in the war. He was a dab hand at smuggling turnip turnovers in his turnups

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments How was he with parsnips?

message 23: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21944 comments Parsnips, persimmons and pumpkins he Pâtéd

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments And he rumbaed in the rutabagas!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Did I hear my name?

message 26: by Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (last edited Jul 27, 2014 12:13PM) (new)

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (vanessaakadumbo) | 8703 comments I got a few autographs ages ago. I think it was our Steve Robinson that told us about it if I'm not mistaken.

Just looked back and it was in August 2011 and it was Steve.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Did I hear my name?"

Not unless you are now called Pâté...

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Chopped liver, me.

message 29: by D.M. (new)

D.M. (DMYates) I belong to authorgraph and a woman who bought my book requested an autograph through them. I am happy about this service.

message 30: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Sinclair | 985 comments How very exciting. I shall be pouncing all over this.

message 31: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Sinclair | 985 comments Done. Books added to authorgraph site along with very dodge signature. Epic.

message 32: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2273 comments Will I make myself unpopular if I say that I think autographing eBooks is lame?

message 33: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25063 comments Could be!

message 34: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Hill | 1603 comments I wouldn't call it lame. It's another way of readers interacting with authors so I'm all for it.

message 35: by Jo (new)

Jo | 6 comments Jonathan wrote: "I wouldn't call it lame. It's another way of readers interacting with authors so I'm all for it."

I agree Jonathan I love that we can send personal messages to authors about our reading experience so they can personalise the reply. It isn't about the look it is about the sentiment. As a dyslexic I rarely read psychical books because I find it quite a slog if the font and colour isn't right for me. The kindle has been a god send because I can change the the font and colour to suit me and I adore reading, I am currently on my 54th book of this year. This facility means I don't feel left out any more when my friends get their books signed. I will definitely be using it again and have told all my friends about it. A big thank you to all the authors who make peoples days by signing up to this service.

message 36: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2273 comments Hmm... you make a good case but still not sure that I'm sold.

message 37: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Sinclair | 985 comments I'm all signed up. My signature looks ridiculous. It's worth a request just for that. Did it on my tablet, had three goes at it, shocking.

message 38: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21944 comments How do you actually create the autograph?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Someone get Jim a quill.

message 40: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21944 comments Quills don't leave the proper sort of mark in the clay tablets to be honest

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Someone get Jim a pointy stick.

message 42: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21944 comments Please, am I surrounded by illiterates? Does nobody have a piece of properly trimmed reed?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I've got a slightly sticky bendy straw. You can also have the dregs of flat coke in the bottom of the cup.

message 44: by Philip (new)

Philip Whiteland | 3138 comments Bring me a pointy stick, I've decided to have a go:

https://www.authorgraph.com/authors/p...

message 46: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21944 comments Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "Now THIS is a pointy stick.

http://www.foundation3d.com/uploads/c..."

I want, I want!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments For yak herding on Tsarina?

message 48: by Philip (new)

Philip Whiteland | 3138 comments Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "Now THIS is a pointy stick.

http://www.foundation3d.com/uploads/c..."

I worry about you, sometimes ;-)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Philip, most people I know worry about me :)

message 50: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21944 comments Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "For yak herding on Tsarina?"

More for restoring order on facebook!

« previous 1