What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. older novel: young girl travels to world with a vampire, witches, and other sorcery

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John C | 1 comments looking for an older human/vampire relationship novel from a series that's based in a dream world of some sort with witches and sorcery. I read it ten years ago and it looked like a fairly old book then (1970-1990?) The most helpful information I can start y'all with is that its about a young adult woman falling in love with a vampire guy and is brought into a world with multiple realms and terrible witches that guard each territory. she always had mystical dogs or lions of some sort that would guard and stay with her on her journey. Its the first of three to five books in a dark, random, but very enticing story. The antagonist is a witch of a lake that is out to kill this girl that has traveled to their world. I hope this helps :/

message 2: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments Probably not it but Blood Price?

I'm guessing it's more straight-fantasy than urban fantasy? Do they take place mostly in the other realm or is there a lot of back & forth traveling? Could the dogs/lions be hellhounds? Was it more adventure with some romance or more of a romance with some adventure thrown in? Do you remember anything about the cover?

My searches keep pulling up various Ravenloft series. Could it be one of them?

message 3: by Mir (new)

Mir | 702 comments Could it be one of L.J. Smith's Night World series?

message 4: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments Can't be NightWorld - everything takes place 100% in this world, just not always in this time, you know? (Plus, I just finished reading the entire series and nothing matches)

message 5: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Reed | 4 comments Was it "The Darkangel"? First published 1982. The next two books in the series are "A Gathering of Gargoyles" and "The Pearl of the Soul of the World" Here's the wikipedia page on the trilogy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark...

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36933 comments Mod
John, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments Pm'd John.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36933 comments Mod
No response in 3 years. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Blood Price (other topics)