Teen Library discussion

The Fault in Our Stars
This topic is about The Fault in Our Stars
BOOKS > The Fault in Our Stars

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ariana | 634 comments Mod
Did you cry when reading this?

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) I actually did not cry while reading this. I didn't read this book for a couple months. Picked it up due to all the hype. Loved it more than expected but it takes a lot for a book to make me cry. I tend to cry when reading a series because if something does happen, I'm upset because I have been with that character for so long it's heart breaking.

message 3: by It’s.Annie, The Fantastic Mod! (new) - rated it 5 stars

It’s.Annie (itsannieeee) | 262 comments Mod
I cried during the movie

message 4: by Haley, that weird and awesome person DUH... (last edited Jul 27, 2014 11:41AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Haley | 760 comments Mod
omg yes

so when i was finishing this book i was about half way through and had to finish it before the next day so that i could watch the movie so i bought it as a audio book and listened to it. so for about a hour i was laying on my bed at like 2 in the morning listening to the end of the book with my eyes closed crying almost hysterically

although i did not cry at all the next day during the movie

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I just... I can't express my love. I have seen the film 5 times so far and plan to go 45 more.

message 6: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new) - rated it 4 stars

YOU'VE SEEN IT FIVE TIMES!?!?!?!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes and I cried helplessly each time. I was a mess! I could barely stand up to leave :,,(

message 8: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new) - rated it 4 stars

My sister called me heartless. I didn't cry at all.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Ariana wrote: "My sister called me heartless. I didn't cry at all."

My fiend didn't cry either. Mum refused to go

message 10: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new) - rated it 4 stars

My sister cried really bad though. She brought a Fault In Our Stars bag and candy cigarettes.

message 11: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new) - rated it 4 stars

I got to slap my sister.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

WHERE DID SHE GET THE BAG AND CIGARETTES

message 13: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new) - rated it 4 stars

Online.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

AWESOEM

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) I didn't cry at all either. It's sad but i wasn't with the character long enough for example like in a serious to get too attached and cry.

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) Ignore my last comment forgot I posted on here.

message 17: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new) - rated it 4 stars

Why?

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) I wrote almost the same thing on here already

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) It's hard to see everything on here on the iphone app

Athena Moore (dymondmr17) | 4 comments I didn't cry reading the book but I shed a few tears in the movie. That said there was a horribly weepy mom next to me at the pre screening who I assume had never read the book so guess it's appropriate.

message 21: by It’s.Annie, The Fantastic Mod! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dymond wrote: "I didn't cry reading the book but I shed a few tears in the movie. That said there was a horribly weepy mom next to me at the pre screening who I assume had never read the book so guess it's approp..."

yeah i loved Augustus but once i saw he died i wanted to kill him

Athena Moore (dymondmr17) | 4 comments Although I loved the book, I will say these were not my fave John Green characters so far. They just seemed way to metaphorical.Like if you're going to spend half the book talking about metaphors, please don't make the characters one too. I haven't read Looking for Alaska yet tho so I'm not gonna fully judge yet.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Samantha wrote: "My friends told me I was a soulless monster that needed to go to a therapist. The book was a classic love story, there wad nothing wrong with it, I just didn't connect with it like most people did...."

Um... That's a bit harsh if you ask me the stuff about a therapist. People have real problems and need therapists and it kinds offends me how ppl joke about it and say stuff like that. It's fine that you didn't connect with it. Opinions are here for reasons

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) How well do u guys think they did on the movie? The accuracy for me was pretty good, at first I wished they put in the stuff about Augustus ex then realized it might have been as worth it.

message 25: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new) - rated it 4 stars

I expected Peter Van Houten to look differently.

Athena Moore (dymondmr17) | 4 comments Honestly, the whole PVH thing seemed really natural to me.I though it was Atton Brown at first haha but when I found out it was Harry's dad fro mthe original Spiderman I was shocked with the great makeup they put on him.

Harmony (okayokay4610) | 1 comments Yes I cried so much literally cried for three hours strait I about dehydrated.

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) This was also one of the books that got me back into reading.

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 19 comments I loved that book

Angelique (bookgoddess323) The book was awesome! But only one tear escaped my eye. (Unlike most people, apparently)

message 31: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia (croft) | 1330 comments ❇FallenAngel❇ wrote: "I didn't cry at all I got all of my tears out in allegiant."

oh wow lol that is really interesting. i didnt cry at all when reading the book, and watching the movie there. i was just really silent, when watching the characters, that play them.

message 32: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia (croft) | 1330 comments did anyone listen to the full audio, that from the book TFIOS?

message 33: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia (croft) | 1330 comments Aryan wrote: "Olivia wrote: "❇FallenAngel❇ wrote: "I didn't cry at all I got all of my tears out in allegiant."

oh wow lol that is really interesting. i didnt cry at all when reading the book, and watching the ..."

that is interesting.

message 34: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia (croft) | 1330 comments i am almost done listing to the audio of TFIOS, but the book is really long to read..

Ashley Green (Divergentlover) I love this book

James (theadventurousbookreader) | 26 comments I like this book a lot and I would really want to see the film adaption of this book.

James (theadventurousbookreader) | 26 comments The Book Dude!:D wrote: "uh-huh same"

I am glad I am not the only one who hasn't seen the movie yet.

message 38: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia (croft) | 1330 comments The Book Dude!:D wrote: "yeah:D"

i already watch the movie, and i read half way though the book of the fault in our stars that on there. i really like it.

message 39: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia (croft) | 1330 comments did anyone watch the movie yet?

message 40: by It’s.Annie, The Fantastic Mod! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I did

message 41: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia (croft) | 1330 comments Annie- Its a hard knock life for us, wrote: "I did"

that cool. what did u think about it?

Mossring It was nice but I didn't cry at all

message 43: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia (croft) | 1330 comments Elisa Evalyn Eunwol wrote: "It was nice but I didn't cry at all"

yeah same here to, it was nice but i didnt cry at all when i watch the movie. i heard that other girls when they watch it they burst out in tears.

message 44: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new) - rated it 4 stars

Olivia wrote: "Elisa Evalyn Eunwol wrote: "It was nice but I didn't cry at all"

yeah same here to, it was nice but i didnt cry at all when i watch the movie. i heard that other girls when they watch it they burs..."

That sounds hilarious.