Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives > suggestions for books that make you feel empty/shocked after reading them.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bradley Kennedy | 7 comments I already read Johnny got his gun and the road. I just wanted to know if there were any books that fit into that category.

message 2: by Bookgeek_zah (new)

Bookgeek_zah | 14 comments 'Six' by Karen Tayleur

Bradley Kennedy | 7 comments Just read the description. It sounds pretty interesting. I'll have to check it out sometime.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan (megandurrence) | 6 comments I felt this with a recent book called Lovely Vicious. The main character is hilarious and you're just going along with her sassiness when suddenly it's the end of the first book and this major, serious thing happens and you're left with your mouth hangging open! I'm still doing damage control...

Also, I felt this way a while back when I read Something Witchy This Way Comes. There are so many questions at the end that I just think about it all the time! The worst part is I don't know when there will be another in the series D: by far a favorite of mine, though.

Angelfall is another of these jaw-dropping books with the tendency of making you feel empty. But the series is moving along faster and the third one comes out next year, so I think I'll survive it :)

message 5: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 11 comments Megan wrote: "I felt this with a recent book called Lovely Vicious. The main character is hilarious and you're just going along with her sassiness when suddenly it's the end of the first book and..."

I love all three of these books! Lovely Vicious and Something Witchy are two of my absolute favorites!