Addicted to YA discussion

Any Questions? > Your Opinion on Cover Art?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Regulus (last edited Jul 26, 2014 08:52PM) (new)

Regulus Aurum | 3 comments Hullo everyone, I'm currently in the process of publishing to Amazon and I wanted to know your opinion on cover art. What do you like/dislike, what do you feel is cliche/overdone, etc...?

The reason I'm asking is because I want my cover art to have a particular style but I don't know how readers will react to it. The book would be Urban Fantasy and the style would be similar to this: http://blog.mangamagazine.net/wp-cont...

What do you think? If you saw a cover like this would it pique your interest of would you pass right by it?

message 2: by Regulus (new)

Regulus Aurum | 3 comments Anyone...?

message 3: by Liz (new)

Liz (lookingstrongjohn) | 909 comments I think this cover is different from most other books which is good and it would make me pick it up off the shelf if I saw it. Hope that helps! :)

message 4: by Maria Liz (new)

Maria Liz | 1 comments I would definitely pick it up with a cover like that! It's not something you usually see on covers.

message 5: by Regulus (new)

Regulus Aurum | 3 comments Thanks Liz! Thanks Maria! Younger people like you seem to like it more than adults, I think.

I was thinking, readers would already be in the amazon genre I'm publishing in, so they would know automatically (hopefully) that the book belonged there, and since its so different from the rest it might pique their interest.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I think that cover's totally gorgeous! I'd pick it up off the shelf for sure. :)

message 7: by Alkim (new)

Alkim I usually don't like it when books have pictures of people on them but I don't mind this one because of its style. And I love the flowy red things (cloth?) so it would be really pretty if that sort of a design would continue on the back cover too. Hope I could help :)