Medieval Times (Rp Group) discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

message 2: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments After having met her contact Cyra was more than willing to call it a day, or night, however one saw it. However, as soon as she vanished in the depths of the wood, she made her decision: It was time for that sick person to pay his price. Such arrogant pricks needed to be taught a lesson, which hand was better to elect this than hers. Her mind was working overdrive as it always did, though this time it tried to come up with the connection of William Howard. There was something and it annoyed the hell out of her that she did not know – She almost faltered when she remembered him again! Oh what a funny coincidence, she knew exactly where he lived. He'll get a funny surprise. She decided to drop by her house to get her weapons, and then she would be off to have a nice 'chat' with him

message 3: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments Carwen sighed as she carried the washing, she thought about the woman she had begged help from and sighed again. Would she ever help? Has she gone back on her word? She just shook her head as her thoughts got carried away. Carwen bit her lip and carried on walking with the heavy load of washing that was draped over her arms.

message 4: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments unlocking the door of her small cottage which she shared with three other students of university, she went inside and found it empty. Not that it was surprising, most of her colleagues did not bother spending the night here, as they easily slept elsewhere - god knew where. Right now, she liked their absence, as it made accessing her weapons so much easier. Cyra set one foot in front of the other until she reached the far left corner of the small room, dragging away her mattress she looked underneath to find the wood sprinkled with dust just as she left it. The less suspicious it looked the better, she knew it was not ideal to store the last and only weapons of hers in the same house she lived in, but there was not another choice as leaving them outside would be acting on the risk of getting stolen. Here, under the watchful eye of her matress, they were partly safe.
The scholar put away the wooden planks to reveal the chamber underneath - two katanas, her weapons of choice, two daggers and a handful of throwing knifes lay scattered in front of her. Hm... which weapon would be the choice of the day?

message 5: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments Carwen staggered back into the house, her arms arms aching in effort. She saw her landlord stumble down the corridor drunk, her eyes widened in fright and she tried to walk past him without him noticing she was there. "Hey..." He slurred as he walked towards her. Carwen stood tense and slowly turned around, swallowing the huge lump in her throat.
"Yes?" She squeaked as he wrapped a meaty arm around her shoulders.

message 6: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments Cyra was wrapped in a long dark coat, giving her the advantage of molding in with the shadows and hiding the weapon of her choice: this time she decided for a throwing knife and a thin almost needle-like dagger. Striding brusquely into the inner part of town, she cleaned her mind – creating enough calm for the act she was about to do, it was pure training to space out in the span of a few seconds, but when you fought you deftly needed the eerie blankness in your brain to coordinate your moves and act on instinct instead of pure thoughts. Ah, there it is, she said after a time. Before she stormed in like the army, she wanted to watch through the side window, in order to check whether he had not moved.……

message 7: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments William smiled a toothy grin. "Carwen my favourite girl it's my time." He dragged her down to his room with a surprisingly strong grip. She tumbled after him as he tugged her by the arm, Carwen was pale but knew better than to say no or struggle. It would just make everything worse, she thought about Cyra, she said she would help her, but she isn't here. Not when she needed her. She felt her heart pound as she was thrown to the floor of Williams room.

message 8: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments When William marched his body through the door, she immediately felt a sharp pang of hate twist her heart. Back then she was too young to do anything against the things she had seen, but now, oh now she wanted nothing more than revenge and when she saw Carwen's face, a mask of fear and blant acceptance, she was done. She went around the front, no need to jimmy the lock as he did not lock his door that idiot, and moved towards the room, she could hear his voice the nearer she got, after all the house was not large.

message 9: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments Carwen looked at the covers as he he lifted her and placed her on the bed, she just laid there. William leaned over her as his trousers were now off and he lifted her skirt. Carwen shivered as he pushed her face into the sheets, the alcohol of his breath staining the air. William grinned cruelly not realizing what was going to become of him.

message 10: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments Curling her throwing dagger into her left hand, her dominant one, she could not watch this theater any longer. This bastard who had raped so many women, and young girls that she could not even say a number, had to die. Pulling her cape low over her eyes, she balanced the metal on her fingers, making it an extension of her arm. With one pull, she threw back her arm and let go of the knife, embedding it with pure precision into his ribcage, piercing and penetrating his heart.

message 11: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments William fell over Carwen's small body and she shrieked as he lay on top of her dead. She turned under him and stared wide eyed into his glassy, lifeless eyes. She didn't know whether to be relieved or horrified as he stared at her, she could feel the accusing gaze and didn't dare blink as she watched his eyes. Carwen lay frozen under him.

message 12: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments Cyra thought the girl was strong and had the will to push him off, but she simply lay there, frozen like a pack of peas. Deciding to help, she pulled Williams body of her, letting it thump to the floor, she could care less what the body came to use as: cockroaches' food, flies feast meal or the victim of cannibalistic organ dealers. She only wanted to be assured of Carwen's safety, as stupid as it sounded to her own ears.

message 13: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments Carwen sat up and snapped out of her stupor. She moved her head in the direction of Cyra. "You came." She said in breathless relief and got off the bed. Carwen looked down at William but didn't feel anything this time, nothing. No anger, no sadness, no sympathy. Only relief came to her and she looked at Cyra. "Thank you."

message 14: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments Looking at Carwen, Cyra felt a familiar pang in her heart – she never ever met with her clients again after they gave her the job, it would be too suspicious, besides why would she when she got paid up front normally? She forced herself to be social, despite the situation, “Nothing to thank me for. He had to be taken care of some time.” An angry glint was in Cyra's eyes, she knew. This glint always awakened when she felt strong emotions, but would Carwen notice it?

message 15: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments Carwen noticed the glint of anger and she raised her brows slightly, she looked down at the evil man and swallowed. "You're right." She nods and smiled slightly at Cyra. "Thanks anyway, is there anything I can do for you?" She asked.

message 16: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments For me? What was there to do for me?, she thought. She was content with the way she lived at the moment, she could not undo her past or her mistakes, and she did not want to either as they made her who she was now. So instead of asking something for herself, she wanted Carwen to receive the best, “No, thank you. Though steer clear of men like this guy here and come to the old church at the outskirts of town tomorrow at noon.”

message 17: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments "The old church, got it." She nods and smiled at her brightly. "I should probably leave this place, what should we do with him?" Carwen whispered the last part and looked down at William with a frown. She was worried that even though he was dead, that maybe she would be accused of his murder as she was his maid.

message 18: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments Cyra simply snorted very unladylike, the thought of getting caught were minimal to non-existent. Nor would Carwen be accused of anything as in a town like this, with people swarming all over the place, leaving one victim after another on the streets, one body more or less wouldn't make a difference. But before the woman had a panic attack, she sighed, “Three options: a) you either burn down the house b) you get the police yourself and say it was self-defense or c) you could simply leave him and fend for your honor. What will it be?”

message 19: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments "I don't know what would you suggest I do?" She asked with twisted lips as she still stared into his vacant eyes. Carwen tore her eyes away and looked up at Cyra again. "Because I have no clue." She said and put her hands to her waist.

message 20: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments “Depends on the value you give this house. If you chose a then it might cause too much attention, option b) I mean, come on, who are we kidding – the police does not care about the body of a landlord. Personally, I would chose option c.”

(sorry for taking so long.)

message 21: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments "But they don't care much for a bloody maid either!" She exclaimed and looked back at the house. "It doesn't mean anything to me."

message 22: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments she snorted, "Right. They sure do not. All of your options have a short fuse, but if the house reall doesnt mean much to you and as I am not your decisionmaker," Cyra rubbed her hands together"may I ask whether you have a fireplace nearby? or even better, a log of wood?"

message 23: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments She pointed to the fireplace where there were many logs, she raised an eyebrow with a large smile. She chuckled and then crossed her arms over her chest.

message 24: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments This girl would be just fine, she thought. The way she grinned, told her that she would take on anything, and even have delight in mean actions - she might even start to like Carwen. Might.
Turning to the log, Cyra took stock of the furniture, all made out of wood. perfect. She knew how to build a fire, kneeling down in front of the fire place she got one going, immediately enjoying the warmth it gave her. Cyra picked one log out, which was glowing softly at the end; "If I start this we have to leave as soon as we can, okay? I do not want to be responsible for your death, these fumes are toxic in mass. Are you ready to run when I tell you to?"

message 25: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments Carwen felt a nervous bubble in her stomach but nodded, her eyes following the flames as they danced over the wood. She pulled her gaze to Cyra, "Yeah." She said after clearing her throat.

message 26: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments Cyra could read people perfectly, she knew this girl had an attitude but she way scared to. In her position she would be too, though now was not the time to chat and think about the past whilst drinking tea, now was the time to burn down a house and she would enjoy every second of it. Never said she was a saint.

She tipped the wooden log onto the other wooden surfaces until smoke erupted, charring everything. Scattering the rest of the fire in the room, she told Carwen to wait at the door, she scurried there in a hurry, the fire was gaining ground fast. There was one thing Cyra yet had to finish, not wanting almost innocent Carwen to see: Leaning over the madmans body she struck down with the burnt tip, pressing it into his flesh until the air was tinged with burned meat, "You got what you deserved. Hope you rot nicely." she whispered to the corpse. As soon as the last word was spoken, she turned around and fled, yelling, "RUN" to Carwen as her feet were already dragging themselves over the hardwood panels.

message 27: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments Carwen's eyes widened as she saw the hungry fire gain speed on her, she quickly turned and ran down the corridor, hoping that Cyra was behind her. She got to the front door and twisted the nob, she banged against the heavy wooden door, willing it to open. She finally fell through and on to the ground as her weight sent her off balance.

message 28: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments Running towards the exit, she saw Carwen fall through the door in slow motion. Cyra barely managed to stop herself from falling too, instead she grabbed hold of the girls arm, tugged her up rather forcefully, the fire did not leave time for kindness, and dragged her with her, leaving the raging fire behind them.

message 29: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments Carwen stumbled trying to gain her footing, then ripped away from her arms and followed her, scared to look behind her to see the damage they had done, she could hear the fire crackling and could smell the toxic smoke rising from the building. Her eyes stung and she coughed as she ran, soot smudges her face and clothes.

message 30: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments Cyra run until they were a bit farther away ,only then did she slow to a walk, nobody needed to know what they had just done. Inconspicious was always her first choice. As inconspicious one could as a woman with short hair.
Having reached quite a distance, lurking in a clearing in the forest, the Scholar turned around, facing her customer.
"I guess this is where our ways depart. I hope I could help you with your problems, but if someone ever asks about me, claim you do not know me. For your and my own good."

message 31: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments Carwen swallowed, "Okay, where am I supposed to go?" She asked as she looked at her, panting for breath. She wrapped her arms around herself and cleared her dry throat, then wiped her eyes clear of any water and soot.

message 32: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments Oh no... not the vulnerable-girl-role, she always was a sucker for those, needing to help everybody.
“Do you not have other... relatives around here?” Cyra swallowed strongly, grasping at straws

message 33: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments "No, my parents are dead and my brother is missing." She said quietly and looked at her again, shuffling on her feet and coughed into her hand.

message 34: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments Great. She just made this girl homeless, what a wonderful idea it was. Was she honest with her? Yes, Carwen did not look like she had lied, but ... did Cyra truly want to take her in, she was only a few years older than her. Basically Carwen could do well on her own.
“What's your story? What other qualities do you have?” needing to know more about the woman before her.

message 35: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments She bites her lip. "I was once of a wealthy home until my parents died, I had no other family and was made an orphan. I was sent to the orphanage and my brother disappeared one day and I never saw him again. I was then sent here when I turned sixteen. I don't understand."

message 36: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments Another one with a fuzzy past, much like her own. Was she sure of taking her in? Wait, she might have another option!
”You can take care of yourself, right? What if told you that I would help you look for a new cottage?”

message 37: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments "I can." She smiled, "But how am I supposed to own my own cottage if I can't afford it because I have no job?"

message 38: by Mina_rrat (last edited Aug 23, 2014 01:40PM) (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments Cyra smirked. “Did I not say I'm going to take care of that?”

message 39: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments "Yeah, but I can't get a house without money." She asked with a raised brow.

message 40: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments Now she challenged her back with her own raised eyebrow, “I was talking about the job, Carwen, not the cottage.”

message 41: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments "I know but I can't buy a house without out money and I don't own a penny to my name, I didn't even get a wave as Williams maid." She said quietly.

message 42: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments What? .. No, .. “did he.. pay you anything at all? In a different matter?” she asked timidly

message 43: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments "He paid me in small rations of food and a place to sleep and trying to rape me everyday." She sighed and wrapped her arms around herself again, trying to protect herself from the unseen.

message 44: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments “You said trying, how did you manage to defend yourself on the other days?”

message 45: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments "He was so drunk he usually passed out or he'd accidentally fall over and not get up." She said quietly. "Sometimes be managed."

message 46: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments Oh boy. Hitting way to close.
Should she get close to this woman? was it worth the risk? she didnt know. Rubbing a hand over her face, she groaned.
"Listen. I cannot promise you anyything, but there might be someone who can help you. Just promise to not tell anybody where she is located. I am taking a risk here witth you"

message 47: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments Carwen shrugged. "I won't say anything, why would I?" She asked and raised a brow. "You've saved me."

message 48: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments Cyra knew of enough people who had tried to fool her, her question was only legitimite. She sighed, this was a new kind of crazy, even for her. She was not a savior, she killed people, that was not what an angel would do.
"Saving is such a strong word.. I .. I am not sure I did that." Cyra stuttered. "However, just follow me and I am going to introduce you to .. someone I hold close to heart, who might need your help."

message 49: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 82 comments "Who?" She whispered softly, not being able to help feeling a little scared. Carwen watched Cyra with a steady eye.

message 50: by Mina_rrat (new)

Mina_rrat | 78 comments "I will not tell you her name before. 'The dangerous ones do not live forever but the scared ones never.' Who will you be?" Cyra said, keeping a watchful eye on her.

« previous 1