What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > separated fraternal twins, with paranormal elements

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy Petty | 7 comments I'm still trying to find this rather old book. Here's what I can recall about it (which unfortunately is not much).

The two main characters are FRATERNAL twins, a brother and sister.

They are separated and going to different schools at the start of the book, so separate, but NOT from birth.

There are references to the typical paranormal abilities twins purportedly have: being able to feel each other's emotions, etc. But this isn't hugely prominent, I don't think. I recall this being present to the story but not necessarily very prominent. Might be wrong on this one.

One character is an old man (a grandfatherly sort?) who refers to himself as Hu. A later reference in the book is the sister saying something like "Guess what I noticed? Hu-man."

The siblings come into considerable conflict with adults. I THINK it was the brother who found himself at odds with administrators of his school, in particular.

This would have been published NO LATER than the 80s, as I read it when I was in grammar school. I can't pin it down any better than that, unfortunately.

That is, I'm afraid, all the information I can come up with. I'd appreciate any help. And PLEASE actually read my OP and don't post books about identical twins published well after the 1990s, LOL. Thank you.

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Brien | 151 comments Could this be one of Zenna Henderson's People books? The People: No Different Flesh for one of them.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy Petty | 7 comments Barbara wrote: "Could this be one of Zenna Henderson's People books? The People: No Different Flesh for one of them."

No, that's not it. The book I'm thinking about has a modern, real-world setting; the only things out-of-the-ordinary are the apparent paranormal twin abilities, and the mystery surrounding Hu. I appreciate the help, though.

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Brien | 151 comments Henderson's books took place on "modern day" earth, but were published in the 1960s, so "modern day" was a bit different. The People were aliens who had crash landed on earth and had different gifts; some were psychic, others could sense water, etcetera.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy Petty | 7 comments Well, I mean, no aliens, nothing really supernatural or sci-fi beyond the little I mentioned. Definitely no aliens. Just a story about two separated twins trying to navigate their now-separate worlds and running into trouble with the adults around them.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37625 comments Mod
Gemini?

Aunt Eleanor begins to suspect that the twins, Peter and Pandora, use their telepathic connection to commit murder.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37625 comments Mod
Amy, are you still looking for this or did you find it?