YA Book Addicts discussion

Book Talk (Series) > Delirium

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Riya (last edited Jul 26, 2014 05:15PM) (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Of course there was a love triangle :P Anyone else read this series?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah but only liked the first

message 3: by S (new)

S Jakes | 897 comments The end of the third book left me feeling like she had forgotten to send the rest of it to her publisher.

message 4: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
I agree! The first book was great, but then it really sucked. I totally know what you mean that it didn't end...

message 5: by S (new)

S Jakes | 897 comments And the second book… seriously? It was totally unnecessary for Lena and Julian to fall in love. Why couldn't he have just liked her as a friend and have thought that since there was nothing wrong with her all his assumptions were wrong?

message 6: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Exactly!!! Like Alex was great, but then he wasn't in the second book at all and then there was a random love triangle and I don't even know what was going on!??!?!

message 7: by Miss (new)

Miss Literal (MissLiteral) | 8 comments I only read the first one. Do you think it's worth it to try reading the rest?

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Folded Between the Pages of Books (jessilovesbooks) Miss wrote: "I only read the first one. Do you think it's worth it to try reading the rest?"

I wouldn't bother. I wish I had stopped at the first one!!

message 9: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Jessica wrote: "Miss wrote: "I only read the first one. Do you think it's worth it to try reading the rest?"

I wouldn't bother. I wish I had stopped at the first one!!"

Haha same- just make up your own ending!!!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved the first book the second was a bit confusing but what got me was the last book. LIKE WHAT TYPE OF BOOK ENDS LIKE THAT!? No conclusion:(

message 11: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Exactly!! It just stopped?!?!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes I know. Like what guy did she choose so basically the love story led up to*drum roll* nothing

message 13: by Connie (new)

Connie (faeriewings) | 86 comments I needed way more closure with Requiem :/
I found Delirium to be relatively enjoyable; I was getting into the whole dystopia world, and Pandemonium followed up alright, but the last book left me unsatisfied. I also think Julian is kind of creepy, maybe that's just me.

message 14: by S (new)

S Jakes | 897 comments I think that the idea was good, and I quite like the plot, but it just didn't work (mostíky because of Julian). I really liked Lena, but then she met Julian, and I was extremely put out. However I did like that she didn't immediately ditch Julian (although Alex was better).

message 15: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Haha Julian was quite annoying- I was the exact same way S!!!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Julian was Whiney. It felt like Lena was more incharge

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) This series was such a letdown. I had high hopes but the books just got worse and worse. :P

Lena was annoying, Julian was a creep, Alex was sassy and selfish.

And the ending is not clear at all!!

message 18: by S (new)

S Jakes | 897 comments I must say, I actually liked Alex, but then he got a bit moody and hostile.

message 19: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) S wrote: "I must say, I actually liked Alex, but then he got a bit moody and hostile."

you can say that again xD

message 20: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Miss Perfection (Rachel) wrote: "S wrote: "I must say, I actually liked Alex, but then he got a bit moody and hostile."

you can say that again xD"

Very true! Still better than Julian though!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes for sure

message 22: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments I loved the first, hated the second, and the third one...can we even call it a whole book of it didn't even have an ending?

message 23: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Haha I feel like the ending just got chopped off the book or something!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Exactly like where's the next page

message 25: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 21 comments I enjoyed this series but it wasn't quite up to par with some of the other series I am currently reading.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes I like legend best

message 27: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (creativityandcrazy) I am on page 70 on Delirium/Book 1, is it worth continuing?

message 28: by S (new)

S Jakes | 897 comments I'd say to finish the first book, because personally I really liked it, but don't bother with book 2 or 3

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Finish the first and it'll leave you with a cliffhanger

message 30: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments Just finish book one, the other ones really aren't worst reading.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Maya wrote: "Just finish book one, the other ones really aren't worst reading."

yeah. just look on Wikipedia and find out what happens in last two because theyre terrible. :-(

message 32: by Dawyn.S. (new)

Dawyn.S. Hunter (siotamalifagoodreadscom) | 34 comments wow ..these are actually one of my favourite series,disappointed about the ending but in the end i loooved it ,lauren oliver is an amaxing writer

message 33: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn I loved this series. At first, I was bummed about the ending, but I'm glad Oliver left it up to the readers to decide what happens next.

message 34: by Kia (new)

Kia | 11 comments I really love the series. I mean I've just finished the second one, which I am not a big fan of, but I've become attached to Lena and this world of hers. I'm probably going to read the third one, though I barely made it through the second.

message 35: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl L | 40 comments I liked Alex so much better than Julian .