YA Book Addicts discussion

Book Talk (Series) > Shatter Me

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
So- Warner or Adam? Thoughts on the last book? :)

message 2: by Connie (new)

Connie (faeriewings) | 86 comments I'm actually only midway through the first book, so I can't say a whole lot, but right now I detest Warner. I'm guessing something later happens, but right now I am seriously not getting the attraction.

I love the crossed-out lines. I've always thought books should include those thoughts that characters have but don't dare say and hardly even dare think. It makes it seem more realistic--that their thought process isn't just a stream of beautiful prose.

message 3: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Yeah- she definitely had a unique writing style

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Warner he was so perfectly broken and beautiful! Adam was Whiney and annoying. You're right Riya her style is different but good

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) TEAM WARNER <3

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) This series was okay, not my favorite but not horrible. The writing was good at times and gave me headaches at other times. The ploce (repetition of words) annoyed me to no end. The crossed out words were interesting to read though. It was a poor excuse for a dystopia though, it was more of a romance novel.

message 7: by Connie (new)

Connie (faeriewings) | 86 comments @Rachel I am still waiting for that moment when Warner becomes attractive, because right now I still kind of hate him xD
And I've heard that a lot; that this trilogy is more like a romance set in the future that a real dystopia. It's still pretty interesting though!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I like Adam better and in the end, I feel really bad for him. My favorite book was the last one. I thought that every time Juliet and Adam fought was really interesting.

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) Connie wrote: "@Rachel I am still waiting for that moment when Warner becomes attractive, because right now I still kind of hate him xD
And I've heard that a lot; that this trilogy is more like a romance set in t..."

It's coming ;)

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) Haley wrote: "I like Adam better and in the end, I feel really bad for him. My favorite book was the last one. I thought that every time Juliet and Adam fought was really interesting."

I felt bad for Adam too, he's kind of a jerk in IM tho :P

message 11: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (Olivia3Books) | 52 comments TEAM WARNER!!! I enjoyed the last book, it was full of action and Juliet finger urged out what she wanted. In a way this series was like The Selection. America and Juliet both had two boys they loved very much, or thought they loved (Adam and Aspen). Each girl couldn't decide which boy to stay with and it annoyed me (I wanted to slap America sometimes.....er...most of the time....;) Both main girls also couldn't decide who they were...embrace myself or hate myself, cower or rule, go home or stay at palace, and listen to heart or listen to head?

message 12: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (Olivia3Books) | 52 comments Figured*

message 13: by Morning Star (new)

Morning Star | 13 comments The two novellas show you how much Juliette means to each Warner and Adam. After reading them, you can clearly see that Warner loves her way more than Adam, who sort of gave up on her fairly quickly to be with his brother. I think Adam loved the idea of a future with Juliette because of his past whereas Warner truly sees who she is and loves her for it. In short, I'm team Warner <3

_booksaremyescape_ | 59 comments I'm half way through Unravel Me and I still don't get why everyone is Team Warner? I still don't like him at the moment and Juliette feels pity for him, I'm Team Adam for now

message 15: by Kayla (new)

Kayla I decided to stop at the first book even though it was as good because it ended well. Who did she choose?

message 16: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl L | 40 comments I am totally Team Warner. I really don't like Adam.

message 17: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (Olivia3Books) | 52 comments ^^^