YA Book Addicts discussion

Book Talk (Series) > If I Stay

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Anyone else read this series? It's a completely unique idea, and it's an amazing one! Honestly one of my favorite books

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I just finished this and am reading where she went now I love it

message 3: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Yeah- the sequel is so heartbreaking as well!!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm not at the heartbreaking part yet but thanks for the warning I will prepare the tissues;)

message 5: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Haha it's just intense (that's probably a better word!)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay. Adams view is definitely intense. Things have changed so so much

message 7: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
for sure!

message 8: by Connie (new)

Connie (faeriewings) | 86 comments I've only read the first book; it was absolutely amazing! Forman has a way with words, and I felt so connected with the characters--Mia, Kim, Adam, everyone <3 can't wait to read the sequel.

message 9: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Connie wrote: "I've only read the first book; it was absolutely amazing! Forman has a way with words, and I felt so connected with the characters--Mia, Kim, Adam, everyone <3 can't wait to read the sequel."

You'll love it!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished it! I loved it!! Their ending was good for a minute I thought they were going to breakup again

message 11: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments I loved the series!! If I Stay was probably my favorite, but yes, Where She Went was so heartbreaking!! But awesome. :)

message 12: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Erin (eisawesome) | 1215 comments Mod
I need to read this book like NOW

message 13: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire I just finished If I Stay. It's beautifully written and I highly recommend it. Check out my review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 14: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (mockingjay_fire) | 22 comments Both of these books were beautifully written. In my oppionion I liked Where She Went better than If I Stay and I'm kinda sad that there not making a Where She Went movie :(

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

@ kaitlyn all her books are beautifully written

message 16: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments Caitlin: I wish they'd make a Where She Went movie! That would be awesome!

Lauren: Its good to hear that all of her books are good. I was going to read her other ones but wasn't sure on their quality.

message 17: by Jordy (new)

Jordy | 49 comments I'm about to start this book and I'm so excited I've heard many good things about it.

message 18: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments Ohmygosh I just saw the movie today, and even after reading the book I was not prepared for the level of Xtreme Sadness and waterworks that it procured from me. Awesome movie adaptation!!

message 19: by Dory (new)

Dory (fishthatreads) The movie adaption was alright, but it focused more on the relationship between Mia and Adam in comparison to the book.. I'm not a fan of romance really. The book was great, i love reading sad books. I love it when I cry because of a book or movie, and this book and book adaption did that. :)

message 20: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (new)

electra | 623 comments Mod
I just received my copy yesterday from the library after a month of waiting! I haven't started it yet, but I should be finished with it by the end of the week. Hopefully.

message 21: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments awesome!!

message 22: by Alison (new)

Alison Morquecho (thebookishcamper) | 77 comments love this book!! can't wait to see the movie

message 23: by Skyler (new)

Skyler (skyler13) I only read the first book, but I loved how Forman used music throughout the book to sort of set the mood and carry the story.

While reading it, I couldn't put it down and ended up staying awake until like 3 AM reading it.

message 24: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments I know, I loved how original she was while writing it, and the flashback style was really engrossing

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished this book yesterday and I really liked the story, although her writing style it's not my favourite...

Should I read the sequel?
And did someone see the movie adaptation? How it was?

message 26: by Радост (new)

Радост | 25 comments I read this book for 2 days and I loved Gayle Forman's style of writing. I also liked the story because it was something different and it gives you some things to think about.
Where she went is also a great book !

message 27: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 364 comments This had to be one of the greatest books I've read in a long time. it had a unique, interesting concept. I really enjoyed it because it had a girl talking about death and thinking about what comes next without it being about cancer. Nowadays there seem to be a lot of cancer books going around in YA literature and it was a refreshing break to get a serious, and sad book without it being about cancer. Thank you Gayle Forman.

message 28: by BriboSwaggins (new)

BriboSwaggins :) | 49 comments I just saw the movie :) It's amazing I luv it

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

It's really good! !

message 30: by BriboSwaggins (new)

BriboSwaggins :) | 49 comments Haley wrote: "It's really good! !"

I know right!

message 31: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments Yeah it was!! I cried like 90% of the time.

message 32: by FangirlNina (new)

FangirlNina (spocktapus210) | 742 comments Just finished the first and got the second! So great. Seriously, though. I loved it.

message 33: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl L | 40 comments this book is beautifully written and really sad

message 34: by Miriam (new)

Miriam Passman (onetwigleekeber3) i love this series

message 35: by 3rica (new)

3rica | 5 comments I love this series so much!!!Adam and Mia are just so perfect together. The first and second book were just amazing!!!