Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives > Are there any werewolf stories that AREN'T romances?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate Whitaker | 5 comments Look, I have no issues with romance. I read romance! That's not my issue.

I write werewolf stories, and I'm trying to improve my ebook presence. So I decide to look at other stories about werewolves. See, what they're doing.

So I hit up amazon,type in werewolf, and it's page after page of romance. Again, nothing wrong with romance, but c'mon! Where are all the OTHER types of stories that ALSO feature werewolves?

Any help finding such a thing?

message 2: by Albert (new)

Albert | 19 comments The Last werewolf by Glen Duncan and the following 2 books in the trilogy.

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate Whitaker | 5 comments Thank you!

message 4: by Richard (new)

Richard (amazoncomauthorricharddparker) | 183 comments The Wolf's Hour by Robert McCammon by Robert MacCammon it's about a werewolf that's a spy during world war II.

message 5: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 240 comments I read High Moor a while ago. There is one small bit with some romance but it is very minor. I enjoyed the book:)

message 6: by The Angry Lawn Gnome (last edited Aug 21, 2014 04:48AM) (new)

The Angry Lawn Gnome (mostlyharmlessreviews) Albert wrote: "The Last werewolf by Glen Duncan and the following 2 books in the trilogy."

Hmmm...I kind of thought all the raw sex in Books 2 and 3 turned into a kind of bizarre romance at some point. The characters did seem to spend a lot of time in between full moons obsessing over each other at any rate.

An oldie but a goodie: The Wolfen. Written before the author got abducted and anal probed by aliens. Or jumped into the deep end of the pool, depending upon one's perspective.

Edit: The blurb for the Wolfen makes it sound like a romance but I honestly don't remember any. Seemed like more of a detective novel with werewolves running around to me.

The Angry Lawn Gnome (mostlyharmlessreviews) Richard wrote: "The Wolf's Hour by Robert McCammonby Robert MacCammon it's about a werewolf that's a spy during world war II."

Thank you!

*Adds to TBR list.*

Shame on me. I'd never even heard of this one before, I guess b/c MacCammon has always been a bit hit or miss for me. But this one looks like amazingly good pulp fun.