Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Paper Towns
This topic is about Paper Towns
BLIND DATE: ARCHIVED > ✓ Pair 28: Tashia & Kat V. (August 2014)

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (last edited Jul 26, 2014 04:24PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Blind Date Challenge: Tashia & Kat V.

Task: Themed: Road trip

message 2: by Gisbelle (last edited Aug 17, 2014 06:54PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Badges

photo task_zps0d355b52.jpgdescription

Tashia Moseley (tashiareads) Can we have number 12 if it's not taken

message 4: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Added

Tashia Moseley (tashiareads) Thank you

message 6: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments You're welcome :)

Tashia Moseley (tashiareads) Does An Abundance of Katherine's count

message 8: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Yes, that one does count. As long as there are scenes involving road trip.

Tashia Moseley (tashiareads) Okay well Kat we could read that if you want I have been wanting read it anyway it's by John Green

Tashia Moseley (tashiareads) The description is:

Katherine V thought boys were gross
Katherine X just wanted to be friends
Katherine XVIII dumped him in an e-mail
K-19 broke his heart
When it comes to relationships, Colin Singleton's type happens to be girls named Katherine. And when it comes to girls named Katherine, Colin is always getting dumped. Nineteen times, to be exact.

On a road trip miles from home, this anagram-happy, washed-up child prodigy has ten thousand dollars in his pocket, a bloodthirsty feral hog on his trail, and an overweight, Judge Judy-loving best friend riding shotgun--but no Katherines. Colin is on a mission to prove The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability, which he hopes will predict the future of any relationship, avenge Dumpees everywhere, and finally win him the girl. Love, friendship, and a dead Austro-Hungarian archduke add up to surprising and heart-changing conclusions in this ingeniously layered comic novel about reinventing oneself.

Tashia Moseley (tashiareads) Okay then I guess we accept the challenge

Tashia Moseley (tashiareads) And she said we can start reading when we want to so whenever you want to start let me know

Tashia Moseley (tashiareads) If you want I'm up for anything I'm just excited to do this because last time I was going to participate my grandpa passed away and I had to stop

Tashia Moseley (tashiareads) It's okay and I'm glad we get to do this

Tashia Moseley (tashiareads) Hey Kat I know you said you are getting the book tomorrow but I was wondering when you wanted to start reading and how many chapters a day do you want to do

Tashia Moseley (tashiareads) Ok just let me know

message 17: by Tashia (last edited Aug 10, 2014 11:03AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tashia Moseley (tashiareads) So here are my thoughts for the prologue and chapters one and two:
(view spoiler)

Jessica | 802 comments Trisha, are you reading Paper Towns or An Abundance of Katherines?

Tashia Moseley (tashiareads) Kat couldn't get an abundance of Katherine's so we are reading paper towns sorry I meant to put that.

Jessica | 802 comments Oh that's okay! I was just confused because I say Abundance of Katherines at the top of the thread and then it sounded like Paper Towns in her thoughts.. No problem, I'm just reading a lot of these threads. :)

Tashia Moseley (tashiareads) That's cool but sorry to confuse you

message 22: by Tashia (last edited Aug 10, 2014 11:03AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tashia Moseley (tashiareads) Ok so I haven't had time to post my thoughts for a few days but here they are:
(view spoiler)

message 23: by Tashia (last edited Aug 10, 2014 11:01AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tashia Moseley (tashiareads) (view spoiler)

Tashia Moseley (tashiareads) (view spoiler)

Tashia Moseley (tashiareads) Here are my thoughts of chapter 14(part 2)- the end:
(view spoiler)

Tashia Moseley (tashiareads) I really enjoyed this book. It's a good story about growing up and life in general after high school.