Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

What would your simulation be like?

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

brooke1994 So for those of us who have read Divergent, of course we know that the simulations mean when we go and face our fears head on. So I was wondering out of curiosity, which fears would you have to face? For me it would either be spiders or tight and dark spaces.

Josephine D'Anvers I think mine would be failure, although I can't imagine a specific situation...

Tana Lovegood of Dumbledore's Army✞~ Rogers/America The dark, heights, sharks

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood shadow people, heights, drowning, and being forgotten by everyone.

Ilana that's a good question - i feel like part of the point of the simulation is to identify fears that you don't know that you have - so i'm not sure what mine would be. i'm terrified of snakes and things of that nature, but the ones that i don't know i'm afraid of i think are the more dangerous ones.

Kwancheche:) mosquitoes noise, people i love dying and leaving me, hearing fights from parents, unable to reach my goal, being criticized by others, being invisible

Jeske Spiders, lots of big fat spiders. And loneliness and failure.

Mariah Hmmm.. I would definitely say rollercoasters/heights would be in mine. I think losing everyone I love would also be a fear. Like what Tris has to face by killing her family. I feel like that would be mine as well.

crystal sanchez sharks, spiders, snakes, my family being killed, loneliness, not finding love, and being criticized by others

Alicec Messing up, Embarrassment, Barking dogs, Fictional Characters Dying :'( :'( , Roller coasters, AND PROBABLY A LOT MORE THAT I DONT KNOW ABOUT

Alyssa feeling unloved, my family being killed, being criticized, people not accepting me for who i am...

Kynkynsmc (little infinities) Dieing,drowning,embarrassment,people no accepting me, failure,watching all of my favorite books burn,a bunch of bugs swarming me and much more.

message 13: by Samantha (last edited Aug 06, 2014 07:26AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Samantha Walking on glass suspended in air, escalators, choking/drowning, spiders/bugs/snakes, and getting shot by a gun

Maybe more that I don't know about but this is all I know

And Cancer

And being cowardly (it's not as much a fear as it is disappointing myself)

message 14: by Ben (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ben Washington Heights, something going through my eye, something driving the cartilage of my nose upward toward my brain, blinded, deafened, seeing my loved ones in some sort of pain/torture; and then a few personal things I don't feel comfortable sharing.

Lilly hmm drowning.. elevators, being in the water but not seeing whats in it (like something is going to grab me and drag me under) disappointing loved ones. losing loved ones. knocking my teeth out

AbigailDenyse01 this is so easy, sharks, deep water, heights, small spaces, elevators, aliens, failing, clowns.

Leonie Bouget confined spaces, being completely and utterly alone in the world, like genuinely alone, not like thinking no one cares kind of alone, being so far under water you don't know which direction you need to swim in to get to the surface... um ye

Megan I would get some sort of nickname with my fear landscapes! I have developed a new fear of spiders not seeing them, that's fine, it's just when I touch them.. eww! Also being murdered, raped and kidnapped would also be in there. And I think one of the most that stays at the back of my head day by day would be dying alone with noone to love me.. very sad! And losing my boyfriend.. he means the world to me:( Oh also drowning, I can't even put my face under the shower for too long before getting worried! Underacheiving in my life! Oh there's probably more but I don't want to bore you's too much LOL!

message 19: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim DUCKS!!! Yeah, i know weird fear... But they are sooooo creepy and weird :)
Also cockroaches,snakes,dark rooms with weird sounds,being trapped somewhere.hmmmmm....
There are probably a dozen more which i don't know of...yet...
So biggest fears of all are Ducks and heights!
:)

Megan Kim wrote: "DUCKS!!! Yeah, i know weird fear... But they are sooooo creepy and weird :)
Also cockroaches,snakes,dark rooms with weird sounds,being trapped somewhere.hmmmmm....
There are probably a dozen more w..."

It's funny you say ducks, I'm scared of Swans lol!
And im scared of the dark too but I tell myself I'm being silly and calm myself down so it's not really a fear.

message 21: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Hahaha!!
Really?!?! I thought i was the only one!

message 22: by Megan (last edited Aug 01, 2014 09:27AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Megan No! I'm in the same boat. They look beautiful from afar then I get closer and take a little panick attack to myself lol!

message 23: by Ida (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ida probably heights, small places, snakes, ugh, i hate snakes. more deeper ones.. not being in control.. i don't really know. i guess i have some that i'm not even aware of yet.

Victoria Rose Heights, clowns and being in a fire/burning

message 25: by Ammo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ammo spiders

Rizqa heights, snakes, swans, losing love ones, airplane turbulence, deep water, motorcycle accident

message 27: by Eva (last edited Aug 04, 2014 07:29PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Eva siamese fighting fish, lizards, being embarrassed badly, seeing people I love dying, being made to watch something really bad but I can't do anything about it,

Amphitrite Fear of dying, being alone with everyone I love dead, being kidnapped, horror movies, pain, complete darkness, needles, the dentist especially orthodontist, getting a fatal disease, betrayal, ghost, slender man, failing school, and intimacy

message 29: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Intimacy?

Casey I'd be standing in a dark room with no light or people with me. I'd go to my knees and crawl around when I fall down a hole that appeared there. It would be light and I'd see everyone I love watching me fall and laughing. When I'd finally reach the bottom there would be an endless ocean until a giant squid would surface and try to eat me. I'd try to swim away but it'd catch me in it's tentacle. Suddenly the tentacle would turn into a spider's web and lots of giant spiders would crawl up and try to eat me. I would struggle until I broke free, accidentally breaking off one of the spider's pincer things. I would grab it and it'd turn into a gun as I'd suddenly be in a room with my family tied to a chair and a person telling me to kill them. I'd kill them and then the floor would turn into quicksand. I would try to get back out until I did and the simulation would fade away.

Vignesh.k I would probably be forced to kill my family and then probably embarrassed publicly

Lilly Casey wrote: "I'd be standing in a dark room with no light or people with me. I'd go to my knees and crawl around when I fall down a hole that appeared there. It would be light and I'd see everyone I love watchi..."

That would be intense

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Mine would be snakes, not being on solid ground and then something grabs my feet, and endless falling. there's probably more, but can't think of em.

Catarina Alexandre Dogs, firework, insects, tsunamis... (too long)

Audrey I know there are more things that I am scared of but the only think that comes to mind are snakes.

message 36: by Emma (new) - rated it 2 stars

Emma Spiders. Being along in darkness maybe? I think the biggest one, other than spiders, would be someone having control and power over me personally. I loath the idea of a person telling me what to do and how to be, it makes me so angry. I can't even have my mother ask me to help my brother clean the mess HE made. I bet that makes me sound like a shank - but my biggest fear is someone telling me what to do, without a choice.

message 37: by Emma (new) - rated it 2 stars

Emma Megan wrote: "Kim wrote: "DUCKS!!! Yeah, i know weird fear... But they are sooooo creepy and weird :)
There are probably a ..."

Talking about ducks and swans, I am terrified of my chickens! I can't stand feathers, and when I go to feed them they RUN at me, and peck my dog's face, and they peck at our glass sliding door. Chickens make me sick :'O

Megan Emma, I've had bad experiences with chickens to it freaks me out when they run at you, especially big macho roosters! Lol

Megan Emma, I've had bad experiences with chickens to it freaks me out when they run at you, especially big macho roosters! Lol

message 41: by Emma (new) - rated it 2 stars

Emma No shit hey it's so scary :'(

shelsel.lh death of my love ones . high up in the air.