All About YA discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Series Reads > Suggest a Series

Comments Showing 1-50 of 149 (149 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Erin Lynn (last edited Jul 26, 2014 04:42PM) (new)

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
After we read The Lunar Chronicles, we'll need another series to read. Feel free to suggest any series that you'll want to read as a group here. Just be sure that all of the books in the series are released. I want to read them all in a row. We'll be binge reading.

message 2: by It’s.Annie (new)

It’s.Annie (itsannieeee) | 14 comments trylle series

message 3: by Fasiha (new)

Fasiha | 5 comments I think the Soul Seekers series would be nice...or Unearthly series.
Fated (Soul Seekers, #1) by Alyson Noel Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand

message 4: by Wren (new)

Wren Figueiro | 11 comments Veilwalker Trilogy
Into the Veil (Veilwalker Trilogy, #1) by Jennifer R. McDonald Through the Gloom (Veilwalker Trilogy, #2) by Jennifer R. McDonald

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Infernal devices trilogy

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 1232 comments Mod
Nice suggestions guys, I want to read all those books lol!

message 7: by Erin Lynn (new)

The only one I've heard of out of all of these is The Infernal Devices.

Tell your friends to keep suggesting. We'll have a variety of series to choose from in the poll about series reads! :)

message 8: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) Sookie Stackhouse :D

message 9: by Angela (new)

Angela Dossett (whisperingwillo) | 94 comments The Hidden series by Colleen Vanderlinden is amazing. She is working on the last book in series.

message 10: by Adele (new)

Adele I have no idea if any of you have read these but these are some series that have all of the books out..
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Lost Voices (Lost Voices, #1) by Sarah Porter Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1) by Anna Banks Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo

message 11: by Erin Lynn (new)

Adele wrote: "I have no idea if any of you have read these but these are some series that have all of the books out..
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu..."

Thanks, Adele! There are quite a few of those series that I haven't read yet, and I'm sure plenty of those will make the next poll.

message 12: by Erryn_x (new)

Erryn_x | 36 comments I'm OBSESSED with two series'...

The Grey Wolves' series, by Quinn Loftis is full of sarcasm, sexy wolves and blows your mind!

The Celestra series by Addison Moore tackles the hardships of teenage life...whilst also being an angel...oh! And did I mention the time travel? ;)

Both well worth reading xx

Thanks for the recommendations Erryn!! I know that the first book in The Grey Wolves series is free in ebook format. So I have that book in my possession.

message 14: by Erryn_x (new)

Erryn_x | 36 comments Oh yeah! I forgot that it was free Robin c; and i think that 'Ethereal' ~ book one in Celestra, is free too.

Also, there is currently one book in a spin-off from GWS (Grey Wolves) which I'm currently reading xx

I've been debating starting that series for a long while now. I know that I read the preview for the first book in the Grey Wolves series and loved it.

message 16: by Erryn_x (new)

Erryn_x | 36 comments Grey Wolves is an amazing series by a totally sweet and down-to-earth author; seriously moreish ;) xx

Erryn_x wrote: "Grey Wolves is an amazing series by a totally sweet and down-to-earth author; seriously moreish ;) xx"

Well I'm definitely going to have to pick up the Grey Wolves series soon!

message 19: by K.J. (new)

K.J. Bryen (kjbryen) | 23 comments The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray Although the second book doesn't come out until 2015 (serious sad face :_( ) I loved this book. I can't wait to read the next one

message 20: by Suzy (new)

Suzy | 4 comments The Infernal Devices is a brilliant series although I still have to read Clockwork Princess! I'm surprised no one mentioned The Lux series by Jennifer L.Armentrout! I've read the first two in the series but will be starting again when I order them all so I can marathon them! Also the Delirium series is good! True Blood series :)

message 21: by K.J. (new)

K.J. Bryen (kjbryen) | 23 comments Oh, I missed that. My bad

message 22: by Suzy (new)

Suzy | 4 comments Angie wrote: "suzanne wrote: "The Infernal Devices is a brilliant series although I still have to read Clockwork Princess! I'm surprised no one mentioned The Lux series by Jennifer L.Armentrout! I've read the fi..."

I haven't read TMI series yet but I have the first three books! Honestly, when I first started TID series I got half way through the book and didn't have a clue what it was going on about because it was my first book with shadowhunters but I picked it up a couple of months later and flew through the rest of book 1 and book 2!

message 23: by Erin Lynn (new)

I tried to read City of Bones, but the first few pages were so dull that I resold the entire series. I didn't feel like wasting my time with them. It just wasn't for me, but I tried. I got them super cheap and got paid more when I sold them.

Angie wrote: "suzanne wrote: "The Infernal Devices is a brilliant series although I still have to read Clockwork Princess! I'm surprised no one mentioned The Lux series by Jennifer L.Armentrout! I've read the fi..."

I tried TMI as well and wasn't a giant fan of it.. I wanted to like them but.. they weren't/aren't for me.

message 25: by Suzy (new)

Suzy | 4 comments I haven't tried TMI series either lol! But I will probably love it since I love TID series!

message 26: by Jasna (new)

Jasna Nickells | 20 comments I've read infernal devices twice! They are quite good books. What about the gone series?

message 27: by Uzma (new)

Uzma Parveen (ultimatebookmaniacs) | 3 comments VAMPIRE ACADEMY SERIES and KATE DANIELS SERIES..

Both has BADASS female leads, epic love stories..

message 28: by Suzy (new)

Suzy | 4 comments Jasna wrote: "I've read infernal devices twice! They are quite good books. What about the gone series?"

I got half way through gone and couldn't keep reading. Not my cup of tea..

message 29: by Guy Vestal (last edited Aug 26, 2014 06:02PM) (new)

Guy Vestal  - Counter Culture Critic (DaddyRose) Anything except anything from Cassandra Claire. Plagiarism is not my cup of tea. LOL

message 30: by Erin Lynn (new)

I'll take all recommendations/suggestions into account and create a poll. From there, it's up to group members to decide.

message 31: by Guy Vestal (new)

Guy Vestal  - Counter Culture Critic (DaddyRose) Well I knew that. It was an obviously failed attempt at injecting humor.

message 32: by Erin Lynn (new)

It wasn't directed at you. I've just had a few new suggestions in the past few days. I just want everyone (and our many new members) to understand how I run the Series Reads.

message 33: by Guy Vestal (new)

Guy Vestal  - Counter Culture Critic (DaddyRose) Ok, Sorry. :-)

Thanks Ravdeep, for the series suggestions!

message 36: by Jess (new)

message 37: by Erin Lynn (new)

Great suggestions, everyone. I'll take some of the ideas and use them in a poll in either October or November, so remember to vote when it opens! :)

message 38: by Guy Vestal (new)

Guy Vestal  - Counter Culture Critic (DaddyRose) Is it too late? I recently decided to reread LUX and darkest minds, so if you want to consider them?

message 39: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) If it's not too late yet:
Storm (Elemental, #1) by Brigid Kemmerer
The Giver (The Giver #1) by Lois Lowry

Everyone! It'll probably never be too late, because once we finish one series, it's onto another.

Also Irene, I am just dying to read Storm!

message 41: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) Robin wrote: "Everyone! It'll probably never be too late, because once we finish one series, it's onto another.

Also Irene, I am just dying to read Storm!"

So am I! Book 2, 3 and 4 is on sale as Kindle Daily Deal today, if you're interested :D

message 42: by Erin Lynn (new)

I have a poll started, but I can always edit it. I've been wanting to finish The Giver series, Irene, so that will probably make this next poll.

Everything else is still fair game for upcoming Series Reads polls. I just want to make sure that I don't forget to make it when the time comes. :)

Thank you so much Irene!

message 44: by Erin Lynn (new)

Alright... so there are thirteen choices in the poll for the next series in our Series Reads. That'll be available for voting soon.

Keep suggesting series. I'll use them for more upcoming polls.

message 46: by Erin Lynn (new)

Robin wrote: "Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. MaasTiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen HouckThe Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1) by Rae CarsonDie for Me (Revenants, #1) by Amy PlumSweet Venom (Medusa Girls, #1) by Tera Lynn Childs[bookcover:Starling..."

I've only heard of three of them. You'll have to let me know what you think of Throne of Glass because I am on the fence about reading that series for myself.

message 47: by Eve (last edited Dec 15, 2015 08:21PM) (new)

Eve (arweneve) I suggest:

Harry Potter: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter #2) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter #3) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter #5) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter #6) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7) by J.K. Rowling

message 48: by Erin Lynn (new)

Hey, everyone! For those of you who might have missed it, the poll is up for our next Series Read.

Anything that wasn't included in the poll is still fair game for the choices for the next poll. And keep suggesting series. I'm sure they will all be used at one point!

Happy reading!

message 49: by Belle (new)

Belle | 14 comments legend by marie lu is awesome if you don't want to read it then you are mad, cuz it is so awesome.

message 50: by Belle (new)

Belle | 14 comments oh the giver quartet is really good also.

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.