Horror Aficionados discussion

Book Recommendations > young adult/new adult horror

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wren (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) looking for young adult/new adult horror. already read r.l stine and kendare blake. any others?

message 2: by Jeff (new)

Jeff The Monstrumologist series by Rick Yancey.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 875 comments Definitely check into Darren Shan's Cirque Du freak series. Not really horror but dark and fascinating. The first part of the first book was a little childlike as the author was finding his footing, but the second half was better. I especially loved the second book.

message 4: by Ken B (new)

Ken B | 6465 comments Try Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book and Avi's The Seer of Shadows. YA horror is one of my favorite genres. There are several more listed in my YA folder. I don't like romance or sparkly vampires. There are a lot of good books in that list and I am always looking for recommendations.

message 5: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 415 comments Clive Barker -The Thief of Always

message 6: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (bekahb83) | 2 comments The Devouring trilogy (The Devouring, Soulstice, and Fearscape) by Simon Holt was pretty disturbing. The plot is different than the Kendare Blake books, but there are elements in the Holt books that remind me of Anna Dressed in Blood.

message 7: by Wren (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) Kirstin wrote: "Clive Barker -The Thief of Always"

i love that book

message 8: by Chico (new)

Chico (ccrodriguez) | 16 comments I just read I Hunt Serial Killers by Barry Lyga and I would definitely recommend it.

message 9: by Wren (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) Chico wrote: "I just read I Hunt Serial Killers by Barry Lyga and I would definitely recommend it."

is it a horror or more of a thriller?

message 10: by Chico (new)

Chico (ccrodriguez) | 16 comments Its called "I Hunt Killers," I was mistaken. I would say that it is more of a thriller than a true horror story. But it is pretty good. I plan on purchasing the sequels to it soon.

Carrie (brightbeautifulthings) (brightbeautifulthings) | 45 comments Rin Chupeco's The Girl from the Well and The Suffering are very creepy and well-done (despite their awful cover art). I liked them more than the Anna Dressed in Blood series. If you don't mind short stories, Slasher Girls & Monster Boys is also pretty good!