Write, Wrote, Written discussion

Rubyfirewoods12's Writing > Harry Potter Fan Fiction

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

Ruby (rubyyy) | 2486 comments Mod
I wrote this, and it is like if in the chapter in book 2, of Harry fighting the basilisk, Ginny is fighting and Harry is unconscious, instead.... :)

Ginny backed away, gasping and coughing from the effort. Trying to warn Harry about Tom and the diary while he was constantly surrounded by groups and people had been hard enough. And now, she had to fight and defend herself from the terrifying monster that had been lurking in the shadows of the huge room. Ginny scrambled behind a nearby pillar to hide as she remembered what had happened earlier that afternoon.
She had woken up on a strange floor, slick with fresh blood. Harry battled with the snake-like monster only yards away from where she sat, and she had just barely heard him shout, "Ginny! Get away! Hide! Whatever you do, don't look into its eyes! Ginny-" But before he had had time to finish his warning, the ferocious monster had hit him full on with its long, scaly tail. Ginny knew she would be forever haunted by the memory of Harry being thrown, unconscious, onto the floor as if his body was a sack of bones. The sickening crunch had scared her through and through. Ginny vaguely recalled screaming, but even then she had somehow known no one could hear her. After Harry had fallen, Ginny stood, shaking, before the Basilisk. Before she had even had time to think, she was running full tilt at the creature, wand drawn out. Even though she had her eyes tightly closed, Ginny could feel where the monster was. But, the monster had just slapped the wand from her hands and nearly squashed her. Ginny had run away then, and hidden behind another pillar. She remembered sitting, gasping for breath much in the same way she was now, all anger and hatred gone from her. Now all she had was fear.
But, out of nowhere, she'd seen a glimmer. Down, through the tunnel entrance Harry must have come through, a huge creature came flying. A streak of orange feathers, then a clang as something heavy hit the floor only feet away from where she'd sat. Upon closer inspection, Ginny had found it was a branch. A branch from the Whomping Willow, as Ginny would later find out. She had taken it up and ran out from behind the pillar, determined once again. As Ginny swung the branch wildly, it elongated and grew to three times its original size. It hit the Basilisk full-on, paralyzing it for a moment. And in that moment, Ginny had time to run off, to the other side of the room, to confuse the creature. Tom hadn’t liked her hitting his monster very much.
“Now, now, Ginny.” He’d said in his nasally voice. “Don’t do that. You must play nice.” Ginny was still disgusted by his ability to be so evil and totally relaxed at the same time. He always gave the impression he knew he would always win. She hated him, limb to limb. She was also disgusted with herself, the way she’d been so easily drawn and trapped by Tom Riddle, and she was determined to make up for it. Now, as she sat panting, the willow branch in one hand, the stunned Basilisk writhing on the floor on the other side of the room, she was energized with a new kind of power. She stood, and turned to face the monster on the floor. She looked over at Tom, then at the Basilisk, and finally, Harry. She raised the branch and yelled defiantly.
She ran, again, at the monster and this time, she struck home. The branch shortened and sharpened at the tip and she plunged it into the Basilisk’s side. Ginny backed away, panting, as blood surged out from the wound. She was about to turn away, when a nasally voice struck her ears. “Ginny Weasley.” Ginny turned to face the teenager. “That wasn’t nice, Ginny.” He said softly. “But, it doesn’t matter. I can just kill you now and finally- finally I will have Harry Potter.” He grinned scarily. “No,” Ginny answered, just as softly. “No, Tom.” And without warning, she charged. Tom seemed astonished at this, but he soon got over it. He side-stepped her and Ginny ran into the wall with a thud. She stumbled away from the wall, holding her nose. Blood dripped through her fingers onto the smooth, glass floor. Tom Riddle grinned as he stepped lazily towards the girl.
“It’s over, Ginny Weasley. You’ve lost. Forget it,” he said with every step. Ginny stumbled back, and her spine met cold wall. “It’s over.” He hissed. Soon he was so close Ginny could smell his foul breath. She tried to say something, but her voice failed her and she slumped against the wall. She knew she’d lost. It was over, like Tom had said. “But there is one more thing, I think you should know.” Tom grinned his malevolent grin. Behind him, Ginny saw the letters of his name spell themselves out in the air. “Tom Marvolo Riddle,” he said bitterly. “Didn’t you ever notice it also spells…” The letters rearranged themselves to say: “I am Lord Voldemort”. Ginny’s eyes widened as she glanced from Tom to the writing, and back again.
“No,” she breathed. Tom grinned even wider, but before he had a chance to say anything, another voice said: “Oh, well that’s nice to know.” Tom- Voldemort- whirled around just in time to see Harry plunge the Whomping Willow branch into the open diary at his feet. With a scream, Ginny was released, and she stumbled over to Harry, far away from the brilliantly lit, screaming, Tom Marvolo Riddle. With one long, bright flash, he was gone.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

love it

message 3: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

:) thanks!

message 4: by Kamiko (new)

Kamiko (kamiko1108) | 1125 comments This is great!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow, this is great! I love Harry Potter fanfics, and especially ones about Ginny :). Are you alright with a tiny bit of constructive critism? You are a great writer, and you have a great style of writing. One thing that I noticed was that Harry stabbed the diary with a willow branch. I thought that it was super cool, but doesn't it need to have basilisk venom to work? Or will it be explained later on? Sorry, the story is great, though!!!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

hi julane...welcome...i know right its good

message 7: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

:) Thanks, I am totally open to constructive criticism, Julane, I will work on that story!

And Zaynah, thanks!!!!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

This is so good! Really action packed and I just really like Ginny so this makes it even awesomer :))

message 9: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

Awww thanks guys!

message 10: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kburson) | 18 comments Really nice job! You have some great descriptions and leave the reader on the edge of her seat!

message 11: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

Thanks!