GOOD REVIEWS discussion

The Roman Mongrel
This topic is about The Roman Mongrel
Second Novel > Historical Fiction looking for review

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mary Bernsen (marybernsen) | 7 comments Hi there! I'm currently looking for reviews for my historical fiction/romance novel THE ROMAN MONGREL. You can view the blurb here The Roman Mongrel by Mary Bernsen

If interested, just let me know which format you would like and where to send it. Thanks!

message 2: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth Lim (limeaglegmailcom) | 7 comments Hi Mary,
Here's an interview as a backgrounder to my book with helpful links.
http://sarahjanebutfield-glass-half-f...
If you want a read/review swap, I'm game.
Kenneth

message 3: by Len (last edited Jul 28, 2014 10:34AM) (new)

Len Robertson | 76 comments I like history and I know about about the Romans, both then and now. One thing I really know is that Romans never crucified pretty young girls.

A brief story. A few years ago, Linda and our younger daughter, (who was leggy 15, cute and blond) visited Roman. Crossing the street was dangerous for my wife and me because all the Roman were leaning out their window to get a better look at our daughter. Our daughter was always shown the best table and Mommy and Daddy were allowed to sit with her.

We got an idea of what was coming when two guys hawking pretty birds in the railway station had their eyes glued to my daughter. On the train from Milan to Venice, a Carabinieri soldier invited her to first class and stood over her as if he was her personal body guard. Oh, my wife and I were invited, also.

At the Colosseum, we saw the best example of Roman attitudes when we witnessed a suicide Italian style. A man was at the highest wall of the Colosseum with a sign tied to him and he was threatening to jump. A well dressed Italian detective strolled up to talk with him. We couldn't understand their words but their waving arms made plain the conversation. "I'm going to jump," the man's said. "I'm doing it for Humanity.

No, your not," the detective's arms said. "I'm arresting you."

This went on for a few minutes and then they both stopped. The suicide suddenly looked down on the street. The detective stepped to the wall alongside the suicide. Curious, I stepped alongside to see what was going on. A pretty young girl in a short skirt sauntered along on the sidewalk. The suicide and the detective watched the girl intently until she disappeared around a far turn.

Then, the detective gave the suicide a cigarette and they went back to waving their hands at each other.

Lots of things could happen to pretty young girls in Rome then and now but crucifixion isn't one of them.

As for the story, if the book is free on Smashwords or iTunes, give me the title to look it up. If not, email the pdf file to me. I have about two slots left for books to review. My email address is lrobertsonbooks@aol.com.

By the way, if anyone reading this is going to Chicago's Comicon on August 21, 22, 23 and 24, look for the table I share with Matt Hansel in the Artists and Writers section and sit for a bit to rest your feet.

message 4: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne Crowe | 31 comments Hi Kenneth, I'm interested in a review swap if you are up for it. Link to my book http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KY04QG0
Let me know and I can provide either Mobi or PDF formats.
Please forward me a MOBI file of your book to yvonnenz03@gmail.com if you are interested.

Kenneth wrote: "Hi Mary,
Here's an interview as a backgrounder to my book with helpful links.
http://sarahjanebutfield-glass-half-f...
If..."

message 5: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne Crowe | 31 comments Hi Mary, would you be interested in a swap review. Here is the link to my book, also Historical Fiction http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KY04QG0. I can provide MOBI or PDF.

Contact me at yvonnenz03@gmail.com if you are interested. I prefer MOBI format.

Mary wrote: "Hi there! I'm currently looking for reviews for my historical fiction/romance novel THE ROMAN MONGREL. You can view the blurb here The Roman Mongrel by Mary Bernsen

If interested, just le..."

message 6: by Tracy (new) - added it

Tracy Ehlers | 4 comments Hi Mary, is it still possible to read and review?
Mobi would be great if it is
dabeko77@gmail.com
Ttfn Tracy :-)