Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Original author not listed as primary

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (rhondaal) | 37 comments Can someone take care of the following? These books need to have E.B. Walters added and listed as the primary author as was noted by a Super-librarian on other editions of these books.

Slow Burn
Mine Until Dawn
Kiss Me Crazy
Dangerous Love
Forever Hers

Additional question... Why am I able to add an additional author to a book sometimes and not others--even if/after the books have been combined?

Thanks!

message 2: by Koenraad (new)

Koenraad (koenraadkelemen) | 4843 comments Done.

Rhonda wrote: "...Additional question... Why am I able to add an additional author to a book sometimes and not others--even if/after the books have been combined?

The system won't allow you to directly add a second author if it's too similar to the first one. The workaround is to add a fake temporary name (something like temptemp or anything you are sure doesn't already have any author profile) to each book you want the second author on. Then merge the fake author profile with the desired profile.

message 3: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (rhondaal) | 37 comments Koenraad wrote: "Done.

Rhonda wrote: "...Additional question... Why am I able to add an additional author to a book sometimes and not others--even if/after the books have been combined?

The system won't allow you..."

Thank you for the explanation!