Brain Science Podcast discussion

Neurobiology for Dummies
This topic is about Neurobiology for Dummies
2014 > BSP 110 Frank Amthor: Neurobiology

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ginger (last edited Jul 26, 2014 11:11AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ginger Campbell (GingerCampbell) | 313 comments Mod
BSP 110 is now available. It is an interview with Dr Frank Amthor, author of Neuroscience for Dummies and Neurobiology for Dummies.

Listent to the mp3

BSP 110 show notes

message 2: by Judy (new)

Judy (dujyt) | 6 comments Enjoyed this interview! Especially interested in the research Dr. Amthor is doing in vision and the possible technology that may be developed for vision loss. Thanks for doing these interviews!

message 3: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Seager (StephenSeager) | 3 comments Hi,
Heres something that ties the neurobiology into the real world of treating brain diseases. Thanks for accepting my friend request. I’m a writer too. We need to stick together. I’ll share your page with my writer and reader friends. I’ve got a new book out from Simon and Shuster on Sept. 16th. I invite you to checkout my website: Stephenseager.com. My book is about working at Napa State Hospital, in California and treating the mass murderers and psychopaths - the real life Hannibal Lecter’s - of the world. It discusses the neurobiology of the different brain diseases and how they currently treated. The book also Behind the Gates of Gomorrah: A Year with the Criminally Insanedetails what a violent dangerous place Napa is: 3,000 assaults per year. I’m advocating for change, hoping that by exposing the problem, it will become a safer place for everyone. Most especially my patients, many of whom have been forgotten. My very best to you...