Goodreads Reviewers' Group discussion

Natasha Holme
This topic is about Natasha Holme
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Lesbian Crush Diaries, by Natasha Holme (Reviews, please)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natasha (new)

Natasha Holme (natashaholme) Hi Reviewers,

My second book is out: Lesbian Crushes at School: A Diary on Growing Up Gay in the Eighties (1983-1989).

This is the 'prequel' to Lesbian Crushes and Bulimia: A Diary on How I Acquired my Eating Disorder (1989-1990).

REVIEWS, PLEASE
I am particularly seeking reviews for Lesbian Crushes at School as it is just released. But if you would like to receive either book, in exchange for a review, please email me at natasha@lesbiancrushdiaries.com, letting me know whether you would prefer mobi, epub, or pdf. THANK YOU.

BOOK DESCRIPTION

In 1983 thirteen-year-old Natasha is in love with her French teacher, Miss Williams. When Natasha is cruelly banished from Miss Williams's class forever, the love develops into obsession ... stalking ... unhealthy behaviour ... and painfully misguided cries for attention.

This uncomfortable yet light-hearted memoir in diary form is primarily a record of obsession.

Natasha is a love-sick lesbian teenager in an all-girls school in the eighties, juggling her Latin homework, Bible study, a crush on Elaine Paige, and her suppressed sexuality. How can she make sense of it all?

But more importantly ... tormented by unrequited love ... how can Natasha make Miss Williams love her back? Take a sneaky peek inside ...

message 2: by Natasha (new)

Natasha Holme (natashaholme) I asked my local bookshop if they would be interested in stocking my paperbacks. And they said YES.

:-)

message 3: by Natasha (new)

Natasha Holme (natashaholme) How my diary-writing obsession started:

www.lesbiancrushdiaries.com/how-my-di...

message 4: by Atlanta (new)

Atlanta (lantadonn) | 6 comments Is there any way I could get a free print copy of this book and review it? I'm really interested, but I just can't get into mobile copies of books!

message 5: by Atlanta (new)

Atlanta (lantadonn) | 6 comments I'm interested in both books

message 6: by Natasha (new)

Natasha Holme (natashaholme) My third book is out: Lesbian Crushes in France: A Diary on Screwing Up my Year Abroad (1990-1991). Looking for reviews! If you're interested, please let me know at natasha@lesbiancrushdiaries.com whether you prefer mobi, epub, pdf.

BOOK DESCRIPTION:

In 1990 twenty-year-old Natasha finds herself in France on her university year abroad. She is ANGRY. Everyone should be a lesbian, or she will punish them for their oversight (particularly her bemused fellow English assistant friend, Ange).

The frites and the pâtisseries are not helping Natasha recover from her bulimia. And the door-to-door Mormon missionaries are bedevilling her reluctant search for God.

Natasha does not respond well to the frosty demands of the headmaster of the school where she is teaching.

She passes her time befriending a pair of thieving drop-outs on the run from the law, skinning up grilled banana skins, dodging flashers, and hitch-hiking around Europe.

message 7: by Natasha (last edited Apr 27, 2015 08:01AM) (new)

Natasha Holme (natashaholme) Free for review, my diary collection, Lesbian Crush Diaries: School, Bulimia, France.

BOOK DESCRIPTION
Lesbian Crushes at School: A Diary on Growing Up Gay in the Eighties
In 1983 thirteen-year-old Natasha is in love with her French teacher, Miss Williams. When Natasha is cruelly banished from Miss Williams’s class forever, the love develops into obsession … stalking … unhealthy behaviour … and painfully misguided cries for attention.

---------------
Lesbian Crushes and Bulimia: A Diary on How I Acquired my Eating Disorder
In 1989 nineteen-year-old Natasha meets a young woman her own age and panics at a looming LESBIAN relationship. She starves herself of food. And just to make sure she’s gay, Natasha drags five young men into bed in the space of a week.

---------------
Lesbian Crushes in France: A Diary on Screwing Up my Year Abroad
In 1990 twenty-year-old Natasha finds herself in France on her university year abroad. She is ANGRY. Everyone should be a lesbian, or she will punish them for their oversight (particularly her bemused fellow English assistant friend, Ange).

message 8: by Natasha (new)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.