YA Book Addicts discussion

All About You > Dream Job

Comments Showing 1-50 of 88 (88 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Jordyn | 2757 comments Mod
I want to be a psychologist or psychiatrist when I get older!(:

message 2: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (new)

electra | 623 comments Mod
I'm planning on becoming a writer and maybe having something to do with film or graphic design, and I would also like to study psychology and have something to do with that!

message 3: by Jennie (last edited Jul 26, 2014 11:18AM) (new)

Jennie  (msdiamondeye) | 14 comments I would love to be a writer or a psychologist. I was also thinking architecture but not anymore. Now i'm thinking about something with languanges. Languange teacher or literature teacher.

message 4: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Yay we all wanna deal with psychology!!! And I love to write but only poetry(:

message 5: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (new)

@Jordyn haha I can't write poetry, but I do love reading it! And there's definitely a pattern going on here to do with our dream jobs.

message 6: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Haha! And yes definitely(:

message 7: by Connie (last edited Jul 26, 2014 11:41AM) (new)

Connie (faeriewings) | 86 comments Well a Shadowhunter, duh~
Or a warrior princess. That'd be cool.

Somewhat more realistically, I want to publish a book, but that's about all I've decided about what I want from my adult life xD

message 8: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Well obviously a shadow hunter!! Haha(:

message 9: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (new)

Connie wrote: "Well a Shadowhunter, duh~

Somewhat more realistically, I want to publish a book, but that's about all I've decided about what I want from my adult life xD"

I know this sounds random and nosy, but what genre do you write in?

message 10: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
I'll probably go into math and business..boring I know :P

message 11: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Not boring! The world needs smart people like you(:

message 12: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Haha thanks Jordyn :)

message 13: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

No problem(:

message 14: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
And you'll be an awesome psychologist/psychiatrist :D

message 15: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Aww Thank You!!! (:

message 16: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Of course!

message 17: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

(:

message 18: by Sana (new)

Sana Doctor...:)

message 19: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire Children's or Teen Librarian

message 20: by Connie (new)

Connie (faeriewings) | 86 comments Amee wrote: "Connie wrote: "Well a Shadowhunter, duh~

Somewhat more realistically, I want to publish a book, but that's about all I've decided about what I want from my a..."

Oh, not nosy at all! I love talking about writing :)
Err, I mostly write (young adult) fantasy. It's all terrible and unoriginal and cliche, but I'm working on it xD

How about you, if you don't mind my asking?

message 21: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Folded Between the Pages of Books (jessilovesbooks) Riya, not boring at all! My sister has a degree in math and makes a lot more money than me! She's an actuary and loves it.

I'm planning on being a professor of political science. Super close now. I'm finishing up my PhD right now and I'll be applying for jobs in a couple months. eek!

message 22: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (new)

Connie wrote: "Amee wrote: "Connie wrote: "Well a Shadowhunter, duh~

Somewhat more realistically, I want to publish a book, but that's about all I've decided about what I w..."

Oh, cool! I mostly write contemporary young adult or new adult (well, I don't write new adult, but I have some projects that can be classified as new adult), since I'm not creative enough to think of a solid fantasy world or elements or anything. I like writing really gritty stuff and characters who are horribly flawed, but I still have to master that. But, yeah. I'm currently working on starting this queer romance idea I had which may go up on Wattpad around late 2014 or early 2015, depending on my free time.

message 23: by Connie (new)

Connie (faeriewings) | 86 comments Amee wrote: "Connie wrote: "Amee wrote: "Connie wrote: "Well a Shadowhunter, duh~

Somewhat more realistically, I want to publish a book, but that's about all I've decided..."

That's awesome :) I've tried to write contemporary before, but it comes off as very unrealistic. My life is too boring for me to have a good idea of what a character's life would be like, I guess :P
Good luck with your story! I'd love to read it. I follow a few stories on Wattpad, but I've never had the courage to put anything of my own up, haha.

message 24: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (last edited Jul 27, 2014 11:10AM) (new)

Connie wrote: "Amee wrote: "Connie wrote: "Amee wrote: "Connie wrote: "Well a Shadowhunter, duh~

Somewhat more realistically, I want to publish a book, but that's about all..."

That is why contemporary can sometimes be harder to write - because it has to be realistic and the characters have to act appropriately :) I usually don't take situations directly from my life, but think of something inspired by them. To be honest, I'm really bad at thinking of an actual plot (everything I think of either sounds too pretentious or like it's already been done), but I'm good at deciding on what I want it to feel like. (Also, I love making playlists inspired by my stories; it helps me channel the theme of them easier)
Hopefully the idea turns into something! And I don't go on Wattpad very often, but I do read some stories occasionally. If I end up putting something up, I'll have to advertise somewhat since I'm not very popular on there lol

message 25: by FangirlNina (new)

FangirlNina (spocktapus210) | 742 comments My dream job is being a Broadway or West End actress even though I'm an awful singer...

message 26: by Janessa (new)

Janessa Theatre design, so anything involving set design, lighting design, or costume design. I also want to direct as well.

message 27: by Sara (new)

Sara (saralawl) | 72 comments I either want to go into psychiatry or law (international law, to be precise). I'd also like to go into film, like writing scripts or whatever, but those two seem like more attainable goals. Who knows what the future will bring though.

message 28: by Ron (new)

Ron Scheer | 60 comments I'm 42, I'm supposed to be already be all growed up! but we all have dream jobs right?

Mine would be the person who gets to hand out those huge checks to the winners of lotteries, or the person the large companies hire to give out their big prizes, like cars, and trips, and such.

message 29: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Jessica wrote: "Riya, not boring at all! My sister has a degree in math and makes a lot more money than me! She's an actuary and loves it.

I'm planning on being a professor of political science. Super close now...."

Woah- I'm totally looking into actuary!!!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

This may sound like I'm five but.... An astronaught(I hear your laughter:(

message 31: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Erin (eisawesome) | 1215 comments Mod
I want to be an astrophysicist, a teacher, secret agent(yeah yeah, don't judge, you all once couldn't make up your mind on what you wanted to do)

message 32: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

No!!! No laughter here(: that's a really brave job to go to space!!! And you have to be strong to do that so I applaud you.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha thanks. Now all I need to do I bump the math grade up ..., this could take awhile

message 34: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Haha! You'll get there

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I can dream...

message 36: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (forebodinq) I would love to do something working with animals or helping people to live better lives somehow.

message 37: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

That sounds great!?

message 38: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (forebodinq) Lol

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe a therapyst

message 40: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

*!

message 41: by Connie (new)

Connie (faeriewings) | 86 comments Amee wrote: "Connie wrote: "Amee wrote: "Connie wrote: "Amee wrote: "Connie wrote: "Well a Shadowhunter, duh~

Somewhat more realistically, I want to publish a book, but t..."

Haha, I see. Tell me when you do publish your story on Wattpad, I'd love to read it ;)

message 42: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (new)

Connie wrote: "Amee wrote: "Connie wrote: "Amee wrote: "Connie wrote: "Amee wrote: "Connie wrote: "Well a Shadowhunter, duh~

Somewhat more realistically, I want to publish ..."

I will! ^.^

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah a shadowhuntee would be the dream job buuuttt I better not rely on that

message 44: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments I want to be a YA fiction writer and editor. Whenever people me me, they're like, "English major!" I'm so obsessed with writing, and words and all that jazz.

message 45: by Ivy (new)

Ivy I want to be a vet

message 46: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

I use to want to be a vet!

message 47: by Ivy (new)

Ivy I have sense I was 6

message 48: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Oh wow!!

message 49: by Ivy (new)

Ivy Yeah

message 50: by Tayma (new)

Tayma  | 214 comments I want to be something I'll enjoy. Well... Every once in a while I change my mind about this. Once I wanted to be an astronaut, a vet, a lawyer, an actress, a psychologist....and the list goes on. But since I was a child I wanted to be a writer and I just started writing a book tho I prefer writing poetry. And right now I don't really know what I want to work but I have an interest in languages. :)))

« previous 1