message 1: by Bisky (new)

Bisky Scribbles (bisky_scribbles) | 2536 comments Mod
Do you take photographs for references later on? Or maybe use pinterest?`

By my instagram spam of nature photos recently you can see that I like to xP

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Michelle | 450 comments Mod
Why else do you think I took over 700 pics of London xD

message 3: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Pemrick I have a folder that is filled with pictures of references and other photos I think I might need. I have well over 1,000 pictures in there and many of them have come in handy.

message 4: by Bisky (new)

I think sometimes we really need help to visualise things. Well, I do :p

message 5: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Pemrick I know it do! haha. I've come up with some interesting characters and creatures by just looking at a few pictures and mooshing them together.

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Hawes (little_red_writes) | 143 comments Forget "writing prompts." I use photographs (my own or from Pinterest or Instagram) to write scenes or entire stories. Photography & writing are inseparable for me:)

message 7: by Bisky (new)

I like pinterest but I do feel like making a mood board out of magazine cut outs sometimes.

Let me touch you ._.

message 8: by J. David (new)

J. David Clarke (clarketacular) | 418 comments Bisky wrote: "Do you take photographs for references later on? Or maybe use pinterest?`

By my instagram spam of nature photos recently you can see that I like to xP"

I have never done this but it's a good idea and I really need to start doing it.

message 9: by Bisky (new)

*waits to follow your pinterest* :3

message 10: by Brian (new)

Brian Basham (brianbasham) | 390 comments I actually prefer instagram and tumblr to pinterest. I have found that the mobile app for pinterest can be a pain to work with, but the apps for tumblr and instagram are very well made and very easy to use.

I don't take as many pictures as I would like to. I have found that I prefer to take pictures of landscapes. Many times when I want to take pictures of a person I want a specific moment captured, but that moment passes before I can get my camera on my phone pulled up.

message 11: by P.D. (new)

P.D. Workman (pdworkman) I set up an Evernote notebook for each book, and that is where I keep research, notes, photographs of characters, etc.

I do use Pinterest to showcase my covers, promotions, etc.