All About YA discussion

Love Letters to the Dead
This topic is about Love Letters to the Dead
Books > Write Your Own Love Letter (to the Dead)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
In Love Letters to the Dead, Laurel is given her first English assignment. It is to write a letter to a deceased person. She never turns in her letter, but she continues to write them to other deceased celebrities, and eventually begins to understand her past.

Now it's your turn to write a letter to someone you have lost in your life.

http://avadellaira.com/love-letters/s...

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
I actually tried this when I was halfway through the book. Wrote to my Great Grandma Lily, who only knew me as a baby so I don't remember her. I never actually finished the letter, not because I didn't want to but because my hand was hurting from all the writing! It's one of those things you put off then when you finally start it again you realise you actually like doing it! I will probably finish it one day but I can't exactly see myself getting addicted to doing it like Laurel did.

I tried to write one to my cousin, but I didn't want to submit it.

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
I agree Erin, it does feel like it's the kind of thing that should be private. I haven't shown anyone mine.

Daisy wrote: "I agree Erin, it does feel like it's the kind of thing that should be private. I haven't shown anyone mine."

I wouldn't have a problem writing to a celebrity like Laurel though. I might try that one of these days. lol